Official Team List Round 12 v Dragons + Match Discussion

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we don't win this game with JAC back for indigenous round at Belmore, Knockonbor out, finally, Potter now fully in control then we don't deserve to be in the comp or we should move interstate.

Of course I don't want that to happen and I'm as confident as I've ever been heading into this game that we can post another win against the Saints who we seem to have the wood over in recent years.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mick Potter was Mr Reliable as a FB for us in the mid '80's. He wasn't your star FB but did his job admirably as a very safe and important cog in a champion team during those glory days. Hopefully after he sees our current FB play this weekend he gives him the tap on the shoulder, he's a liability just like Knockonbor. I'd even put JAC at FB and have Kiraz, definitely on one wing and have either Burns or Allan on the other wing before Knockonbor until we find another decent winger......S Chricton in '24.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
With such an extended squad, I'm not sure that the team that has been picked will be the one taking the field. As long as they don't do it just before the match and give 24hrs notice to the NRL, they will be fine to move the squad around.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I fully understand why potter has picked an almost identical side to Barret, if he can tighten up their discipline and simplify the game plan, and get them winning it does two things. It makes him look like a world beater first grade coach, and proves the club needed to part ways with barrett. I hope we flog the dragqueens.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I fully understand why potter has picked an almost identical side to Barret, if he can tighten up their discipline and simplify the game plan, and get them winning it does two things. It makes him look like a world beater first grade coach, and proves the club needed to part ways with barrett. I hope we flog the dragqueens.
The other thing is if you make too many changes, like we did last week, players in new positions, it takes some time to get the combinations working in defence. Tigers were targeting that edge that had new players in and they were making some good yardage. Second half that combination tightened up and that wasn't working for the Tigers anymore.

Gus and Potter know a win or two will do wonders for the squad.

As for Dufty, I think they are giving him a few last hurrahs, and with it being the Dragons, they are hoping it lights a fire for him. Though I think Ben Hunt will terrorise him all day.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you watch the replay of tackle it looks worse because of the other defender pushing down on the upper torso of the guy getting is tackled which is why he went beyond horizontal.
Schoupp is young and has plenty of aggression which he needs to learn how to properly channel but I am definitely not advocating to drop him.
We can’t ask for young players to be given a go and then drop them every time they make mistakes.
what about the kick from burton that was caught 5 out from the tigers line, again when we were down by 2, then schoupp lays in the tackle too long and tigers kick for touch and get out of trouble? you've gotta be smart, especially when playing in this team because you know referees are going to target you. doing dumb shit week in week out doesnt help us get a result at all. not to mention the team high 4 missed tackles. i like the bloke but fuck, do your team mates a favour and play smarter

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The other thing is if you make too many changes, like we did last week, players in new positions, it takes some time to get the combinations working in defence. Tigers were targeting that edge that had new players in and they were making some good yardage. Second half that combination tightened up and that wasn't working for the Tigers anymore.

Gus and Potter know a win or two will do wonders for the squad.

As for Dufty, I think they are giving him a few last hurrahs, and with it being the Dragons, they are hoping it lights a fire for him. Though I think Ben Hunt will terrorise him all day.
100%, our biggest liability on both sides of the ball was knockonbor and he's gone, there are still some big deficiency's in the side that could be improved vastly with some attention to detail and discipline, this roster should be able to compete with all but the top three or four sides,if they can make that happen for the rest of the year its mission accomplished,

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on there was nothing in that tackle no way deserved to be a sin bin
doesnt matter what we all think, end of the day he put himself in a situation to cop it from a referee that clearly had no issue throwing calls against us (just look at the penalty count). the tackle was pretty well completed and he came in and lifted the legs. unnecessary and dumb tbh

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would the leagues club be packed on Sunday? Haven't been to Mecca in a half decade so can't recall.
I know with away games it used to be packed. Don't know now since we have been shithouse for 5 years.
the mrs and i thought we'd try something different to watching from the lounge or going to the local pub for the game so we went to the leagues club. This is about 18 months ago. turns out when we got there, they werent even showing it. had the downstairs of the club 'closed' and empty because of 'covid restrictions' (this was in between lock downs when the only restrictions were masks) but yet every poker machine was being played and the whole upstairs was jam packed. I was told to 'try the pub across the road, they're probably showing it'. I wont ever be going back there after that.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesnt matter what we all think, end of the day he put himself in a situation to cop it from a referee that clearly had no issue throwing calls against us (just look at the penalty count). the tackle was pretty well completed and he came in and lifted the legs. unnecessary and dumb tbh
Agree with you both.

I think if Hastings didnt get binned then there is no way Schoupp gets binned though. The difference is that Hastings was blatantly offside after a break and denied a try scoring opportunity. Professional foul every day of the week. Schoupp performed a slightly dangerous tackle yet the punishments were identical.

We just have to be better though and its refreshing Potter has admitted it

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with you both.

I think if Hastings didnt get binned then there is no way Schoupp gets binned though. The difference is that Hastings was blatantly offside after a break and denied a try scoring opportunity. Professional foul every day of the week. Schoupp performed a slightly dangerous tackle yet the punishments were identical.

We just have to be better though and its refreshing Potter has admitted it
Yeah, agree for sure. I was fine with it being on report and a penalty but I do think going to the bin was overkill, was definitely a square up for Hastings going and likely influenced by the Tigpies crowd. In saying that, it was totally preventable and we had the momentum up until that point. It was the game changer in the second half come back. I dont want to single Schoupp out either, discipline across the entire team is fucking pathetic. I almost expect it from some of the rubbish players, but I expect more from Schoupp given that he isnt one of the garbage fill ins. I do see him having a bright future at the club/in the NRL - provided he checks himself and cuts out the crap from his game. If you wanna snap *****, all good but make sure you're up and off them before giving away a penalty, or that you're not going to put them in a position that you get sent to the bin.. not that hard to be honest

Reaction score
what about the kick from burton that was caught 5 out from the tigers line, again when we were down by 2, then schoupp lays in the tackle too long and tigers kick for touch and get out of trouble? you've gotta be smart, especially when playing in this team because you know referees are going to target you. doing dumb shit week in week out doesnt help us get a result at all. not to mention the team high 4 missed tackles. i like the bloke but fuck, do your team mates a favour and play smarter
that one wasn't schoupp's fault, he was getting off the tackle. patolo was behind schoupp and pushed him back down onto the tigers player

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
the mrs and i thought we'd try something different to watching from the lounge or going to the local pub for the game so we went to the leagues club. This is about 18 months ago. turns out when we got there, they werent even showing it. had the downstairs of the club 'closed' and empty because of 'covid restrictions' (this was in between lock downs when the only restrictions were masks) but yet every poker machine was being played and the whole upstairs was jam packed. I was told to 'try the pub across the road, they're probably showing it'. I wont ever be going back there after that.
Thats fkd bro

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That killed me. I think that was the turning point. There is more than one dumbo in this team......