Team for next week

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I was actually impressed with Holland at dummy half tonight , I thought he really speeded up our intensity when he came on, infact I wished that he had come a little earlier because you could see a change in the game after he came on . His passing was good his running was god and you could see he was instilling urgency in the players and enticing them to quick play the balls, maybe we should trying him as hooker for a few games, maybe share the load with JMK or Katoa ?, just a suggestion
Hooker is an important position nowadays and I think it might be good for the two to interchange to get some hustle and flow.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His positioning is still rubbish bro.
It’s happened so many times over the past few seasons that it’s got to be a coaching system. Doesn’t it?

Someone mentioned he played all his juniors in the centres. Maybe we should give him a go instead of watching Smith go full retard each week

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Swap Hoppa and Averillo around. Hoppa is too slow to play FB.
1. Hoppa
2. Dwz
3.averillo
4. Holland/harper- there's no body else. There both average
5. Smith
6.foran
7. Wakes-he will only get better
8. Napa
9. Katao- jmk is rubbish
10. Renoff
11. Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Elliot
15. Ogden
16. Sue

Two spots the rest are average

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please not holland at centre, he’s a turnstile out there.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually thought we got better with Holland at 9 his true calling perhaps

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s average he always gets out of position and that’s where they score on us his side. He always does it
That’s shit coaching on pay the roosters did it last week and again last night pay should be picking this shit up by now our defence rushing up and in all the time I dno what he writes on the fukn note pad of his playing naughts and crosses with georgalis

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Chrichton would be hard done by not to snag a wing spot. He is getting better each week, and his carries are very strong.
I agree with you but his not the best defensively. He is facing a 1-2 match ban for his shoulder charge though so this could give Harper/Meaney/Holland a chance to take his wing spot. I would rather see a rookie like Tass or Katoa get the spot tbh.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A few of us on here were against signing the marshmallow.

At best he is a bench prop and when he can't put on dirty shots like he used to with the Roosters, he is a useless bench prop.
You can see why Elliott thinks he's worth more when ...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who cares
It's like that hey. Already time to start thinking about next year. But wait, there is something to look forward to. Luke Thompson. I feel sorry for him already.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We really need a good centre to partner jake

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time for something radically different:

1. Hoppa
2. Smith
3. Harper
4. Averillo
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. Katoa
10. Renouf
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. Holland
15. Britt
16. Sue
17. Napa

Give Katoa a decent 25 minutes tell him to rip in, we could really use a fast start for once, then bring on Holland. If the game is tight in the second half, swap Holland and Averillo, give the kid the chance with ball in hand to try some stuff out of dummy half. Oh, and give Renouf the first 20 minutes outside Katoa and tell him to go for it. Napa gets told he is coming off the bench and if he doesn't make a worthwhile impact then he won't even be making the bench in future.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is blowing hard after 10 mins. Lazy and doesn’t get involved enough. Weak hitups and slow ptbs. Not to mention weak tackles. Massive flop.
What do you expect when the conditioning coach is sponsored by Macca's!!!
I do agree to an extent, but I think our defensive structure of up and in and also umbrella defence plays it's part.
We must be the only team that still persists with the up and in defence, how fucking hard is it for Pay to say to the dumb arse winger's, mark your man FFS, everytime there's a new winger they all come running in and wallah another try, how many years has this been happening!!

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was actually impressed with Holland at dummy half tonight , I thought he really speeded up our intensity when he came on, infact I wished that he had come a little earlier because you could see a change in the game after he came on . His passing was good his running was god and you could see he was instilling urgency in the players and enticing them to quick play the balls, maybe we should trying him as hooker for a few games, maybe share the load with JMK or Katoa ?, just a suggestion
I think he really tried to inject some energy and purpose from dummy half, he kicked and drew the markers attention by mixing it up a bit.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa shouldn't be in FG. Garbage.
We've never been thinner in our forward depth. Even adding in Tolman and Stimson doesn't help much. Hope the pom can add a bit of penetration.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've never been thinner in our forward depth. Even adding in Tolman and Stimson doesn't help much. Hope the pom can add a bit of penetration.
Especially backrow / edge forwards - even Elliot n Jackson are far more suited to the middle - Britt, Sue. Toomaga are not suited to the backrow eitherin the new game.
Good backrowers now seem to be players who started off as big running five eights - Ryan Matterson n Wade Graham types.
I think someone like a Tommy Talau, could be that sort of player in the future.

Any issues in mobility / speed are quickly found out with the new rules - unless players like Napa, Lodge, A Fifita, Boyd develop some speed n mobility there will be little demand for them.

Last edited:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Schoupp there it is!
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. To'omaga
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Elliot

14. Katoa
15. Napa
16. Sue/Ogden
17. Britt

Averillo looks likely to spark the attack when he has room. Not sure about his defence or catching the high ball but he has played fb before. Could be eased into it by swapping around with Hoppa during games.

Hoppas silky hands will help put Smith into the space he has been craving.

DWZ and Schoupp are both aggressive defenders and attackers so it could be a match made in Heaven.

Wakeham and Foran need more time together but the attack looks much more fluid with Wakeham steering the ship.

Tolman and To'omaga. To'omaga didn't have a great start last week but we were on the back foot for much of his 1st stint. Needs more time to find his groove there but we all know of the damage he is capable of doing. Tolman is Tolman.

JMK and Katoa. JMK appeared to be doing a little more than just going through the motions on Sunday but he is not capable of doing that week to week and certainly not for 80 minutes. Katoa needs a chance and we need to him to take that chance and bring some impact and different tempo from the bench. Asking for him to start after no football for so long is a stretch too far.

Jackson has been uninspiring to say the least and whilst he would be suited more towards the 13 I feel like swapping him and Elliot would be weakening 2 positions.
Make RFM and Jackson swap sides they have formed no combinations where they are anyways.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s average he always gets out of position and that’s where they score on us his side. He always does it
It’s the defensive game plan which is the issue. We have ridiculed every left side combination we have had since Pay took over! Think about it! #sackpay