Team for next week

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis just needs to let the ball go earlier. He reads the play ok,but just hesitate and drifts across field before passing and putting x player into space. Plus his passes are pretty slow lollipop passes. The defense gets up on us by the time he lets it go. He needs to be more crisp with his passes and give early ball. I like him in D though.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same team but rotate Cogger with JMK/Lewis depending on what is happening.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Need to replace Holland..
Need to replace Chris Smith

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fittler brought that up on the footy show today. Lewis and CHN not in sych and often overrun each other or even collide. Showed examples of Lewis drifting and not able to link with CHN. Foran should be moved to that side according to Freddy.
Lewis is just a poo poo attacking footy player. Cogger was building nicely made no sense to bench him

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Same team but bring in okunbur. Meany is the weak link in this team and offers nothing has a winger. Feel sorry for him if he is up against sivo
Mate thank Fuchs for common sense.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rfm needs more mins
Chris smith needs reserve grade
Toomaga needs to get aggressive

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney is miles ahead of Okunbur. Moses would destroy Okunbur with his kicking game. I’ve seen enough in Meaney to warrant selection. Raw speed is something we’ve lacked for a long time.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Main concern about that is Meaney's defence is a lot better than Okunbor. Okunbor might be more imposing on the outside, but hes very easily stepped. Sivo will get around Okunbor. Meaney can catch sivo if he gets through the line too, hes faster.
If we could land Ramien and API I’m good

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team will be the same there’s a bit of confidence shining through no changes I reakon

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Team will be the same there’s a bit of confidence shining through no changes I reakon
You can bet your house on Pay not changing the team and attempting to improve it.

Only possible tweaking he'd do is put Cogger on for 7 minutes maybe.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can bet your house on Pay not changing the team and attempting to improve it.

Only possible tweaking he'd do is put Cogger on for 7 minutes maybe.

I think Pay did alright, I think its a game to game proposition. I'm sure if we were behind in the last 10 minutes and needed points Pay would've brought on Cogger.

Lets say he brought him on and he missed a tackle that Lewis/JMK would've made that resulted in a try in those last 10, it could've completely changed the outcome.

But agree with others I think RFM needs to play more minutes, especially if he plays how he did vs Souths.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Main concern about that is Meaney's defence is a lot better than Okunbor. Okunbor might be more imposing on the outside, but hes very easily stepped. Sivo will get around Okunbor. Meaney can catch sivo if he gets through the line too, hes faster.
Surely you all do realise that Meaney and Sivo both play left wing so a match up is near on impossible!

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am starting to think maybe center is a decent spot for Lewis right now with our current roster. I wouldn't mind chucking him in for Holland and bringing Cogger back into the halves. Lewis can sure up the defense on that Meany/Cogger side and still be a general play kicking option if needed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am starting to think maybe center is a decent spot for Lewis right now with our current roster. I wouldn't mind chucking him in for Holland and bringing Cogger back into the halves. Lewis can sure up the defense on that Meany/Cogger side and still be a general play kicking option if needed.
What happens when we spread the ball to that edge? Lewis has no running game in the halves where you can get away with to some extent but not when you’re a centre.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happens when we spread the ball to that edge? Lewis has no running game in the halves where you can get away with to some extent but not when you’re a centre.
Holland hasn't been offering much in attack either. I wouldn't suggest Lewis there over a decent center but it sucks to have Cogger on the bench doing nothing and I'm just trying to see how we can get our best 13 on the field for these last three games. I think creatively Cogger and Foran is a much better combo at the expense of defense.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is a far better bench option than Cogger. I'm assuming Holland would've gone to DH and Lewis to the centres if JMK broke down or couldn't go the 80, but there's no value in a bench player not playing at all. I reckon as they lower the interchange though, more players will warm the bench for 80. Maybe the bench will go down to 3 when they take the interchanges down to 6.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lewis is a far better bench option than Cogger. I'm assuming Holland would've gone to DH and Lewis to the centres if JMK broke down or couldn't go the 80, but there's no value in a bench player not playing at all. I reckon as they lower the interchange though, more players will warm the bench for 80. Maybe the bench will go down to 3 when they take the interchanges down to 6.
I thought they canned the 6 interchange for the time being due to player welfare?