Opinion Team 2020 vs 2021

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Serious questions here please be honest and answer as honest as you can.

Dean pays 2020 team on paper was weaker then Barrett’s 2021 team.

So why are we going worse especially in defensive we can’t keep playing the cattle even though I agree we have over 15 players who are absolutely garbage, but in 2020 we had most of those 15 handicap players.

There does seem to be a lot of grey area here and I’m not trying to directly blame it all on Trent but do we really need to start asking some serious questions why are we regressing in a rapid manner with easily a better roster then 2019-2020.

I’m seriously concerned about Barrett’s ability to coach especially the defensive side of things.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rule changes have exposed certain players.

The 6 again has completely destroyed the defensive side of the game in favour of blowout scores and attacking plays.

Our roster has too many slow plodders like Hopoate and Katoa to win a game this year.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Defence this season is much worse.
There are factors like Kotoa playing many more games.
Also discipline is worse. Every game we are trying to complete with 40% to 45% possession.
Lack of meters, every game we are running 300 meters less than the opposition.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence this season is much worse.
There are factors like Kotoa playing many more games.
Also discipline is worse. Every game we are trying to complete with 40% to 45% possession.
Lack of meters, every game we are running 300 meters less than the opposition.
Yeah absolutely our defence is so diabolical it’s not even remotely close to being NRL standard.

That’s all on baz, cause we even had a more mediocre team the previous years and we defended better. Also got to point out that our strength and conditioning is at a all time low Dan Farris was always a fraud from his days at manly and the Titans.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Serious questions here please be honest and answer as honest as you can.

Dean pays 2020 team on paper was weaker then Barrett’s 2021 team.

So why are we going worse especially in defensive we can’t keep playing the cattle even though I agree we have over 15 players who are absolutely garbage, but in 2020 we had most of those 15 handicap players.

There does seem to be a lot of grey area here and I’m not trying to directly blame it all on Trent but do we really need to start asking some serious questions why are we regressing in a rapid manner with easily a better roster then 2019-2020.

I’m seriously concerned about Barrett’s ability to coach especially the defensive side of things.
We do have 10 players out but ok

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most of our points came from an experienced half in Foran. We don’t have any experience at the moment plus a heap of injuries. I can’t see how we get any better without adding some good experienced winners to the team.

No one engages the defensive line. It’s all one out pass and run. When a half break is made there is no support. We need to straighten the attack instead of going sideways and trying to score from a cross field kick.