Te Maire Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably a similar scenario to us getting Hoppa. Manly are still probably paying some portion this year then the storms to figure out how to pay in full next year, but better than paying full for someone who doesnt wanna be there. Maybe we should look at the same options for some of ours
I understand its possible, but its absolute bullshit in my opinion. Just like with souths paying farah 200k for the season and the tigers paying 700k for someone thats not playing for them. Its a massive mismatch, and basically means that south are operating at 700k over the salary cap, except even better for them, theyre saving 700k!!
Its a disgrace. If you want to take someone elses player, you should pay.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand its possible, but its absolute bullshit in my opinion. Just like with souths paying farah 200k for the season and the tigers paying 700k for someone thats not playing for them. Its a massive mismatch, and basically means that south are operating at 700k over the salary cap, except even better for them, theyre saving 700k!!
Its a disgrace. If you want to take someone elses player, you should pay.
The other side of that argument though is that now the Tigers have $200k to spend that they otherwise wouldn't and given Farah was in the reggies that gives them more not less. Win- win.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably a similar scenario to us getting Hoppa. Manly are still probably paying some portion this year then the storms to figure out how to pay in full next year, but better than paying full for someone who doesnt wanna be there. Maybe we should look at the same options for some of ours
Mate of the few players that play NRL for us that are useless, and most of us know who they are, no club in there right mind would want, even if we played 90% of their salary for them to play against us.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wasn't Merrin's missus. It was the golden child's missus lol.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The other side of that argument though is that now the Tigers have $200k to spend that they otherwise wouldn't and given Farah was in the reggies that gives them more not less. Win- win.
Hardly win win!!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't Merrin's missus. It was the golden child's missus lol.
It's no surprise that since TMM has been exiled from the first team they have played better if those allegations are true. Wouldn't fit in with the family club mantra that we want to sell

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Way better than what we have currently got!
Also kicks goals.
Would be a very handy pickup for any club!
Maybe but still doesn't mean we get him when at best he is a 2nd or 3rd stringer. Waste of time.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is a NZ rep... cant be that bad.
That isn't that hard. For cheap as chips sure but I fail to see the point we'd pay upwards of 400k for a bloke who isn't as good as you think. If you recon he will take us to a premiership you are mistaken. I bag Des but he's got this one correct.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, please drop the subject and focus on the first post.

Until anything comes out in the news as fact, everything else is borderline defamation and slander.

May I remind people we have media snooping around here all too often these days... last thing we need is The Kennel in the news for the wrong reasons.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i feel likes he going to become a really good half under thurston and while he will be off the bench this season, watch him become a great half.

And to think we could’ve gotten him cheap as a 5/8.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i feel likes he going to become a really good half under thurston and while he will be off the bench this season, watch him become a great half.

Wouldn't have mattered if we could sign him for $2 - we were over the cap and weren't in the market for players at the time. Bottom line is no we couldn't have signed him.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

If we look back in time a little one of the best halves we ever produced stopped producing when his marriage broke down for similar reasons to why Martin was sacked. Team harmony is important and if one player is enough of a scumbag to willingly cheat with another teammates significant other it can cause some issues which may derail other players around them. In short I'd prefer we avoided scumbags that can't even restrain themselves from cutting a teammates grass.

We've signed a young half that apparently comes without the crap that Martin caused which earned him the sack. I'd say it's a wise decision that we didn't bring or try to bring Martin to the club. From all reports Cogger has way more potential and from what I've read he's got a far better head on his shoulders. It's not like Martin has even done that much to warrant you having a whine about us not chasing him.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Removed a number of posts from here.

Making defaming comments without substance or any proof is a great way to end up getting sued.

As nobody wants that, I've removed the comments.
But Gotenks has left several defamatory posts about Eastwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.