Te Maire Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just read the Cowboys have offered Martin a deal seeing as he is out of favour at Penrith.

Should the Dogs make a play for him? A halves combination of Foran/Martin doesnt look that bad. Nice balance of structure and creativity. Hes defence maybe questionable (i think thats why hes in reserves) but its something that be worked on. Our pitch would be for him to stay in sydney if thats what he wants.

Obviously wed have to shed some players but if that means not resigning frawley, lichaa or letting go of Kas and Eastwood, thats a risk id be willing to take.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Need to find out why he has fallen from Grace in Panther town first, before commenting.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't care if the above is true or not. I doubt it is true.

But either way the guy has a lot of talent and would come at a reduced rate. His defence isn't horrible and he puts his body on the line unlike other halves like Moses who try and play touch footy in defence and don't want to mess up their makeup.

All of that being said he's not a prop and doesn't cost 700k plus so I doubt Hasler would be interested.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Removed a number of posts from here.

Making defaming comments without substance or any proof is a great way to end up getting sued.

As nobody wants that, I've removed the comments.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Better off with frawley, assuming he would be better $ value, i personally think will smith is the best value utility on the open market, very smilliar to cody walker, can play 1&6 and 9 at a pinch, super quick too

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just read Cows got him effective immediately

#whatsalarycap

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any player off contract or about to be dumped by a club & people here want to know if he is worth it. LMAO

Just get rid of the dead wood, instead of re-signing them & try & sign a quality player or two. (though if they sign with the Dogs, Des will coach the quality from them)

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any player off contract or about to be dumped by a club & people here want to know if he is worth it. LMAO

Just get rid of the dead wood, instead of re-signing them & try & sign a quality player or two. (though if they sign with the Dogs, Des will coach the quality from them)
Sounds great but look at our cap for 2018, its a mess. If you add up what we are paying Woods, Graham, Tolman, Klemmer and Kas, youd fall off your seat. We arent getting 'quality' for a while because we already need to shed 2-3 players to make up foran and woods arrival for the cap to work as is. To bring in 2-3 quality players could cost letting go of 4-6 others which would weaken our depth and not be able to cover those players absence.

We need value look at the storm they pay 3-4 players big money then surround them with value, guys like cheyse blair, ado-carr, glasby, kafusi, k.bromich. none of these guys would be on huge contracts. In terms of value halves, their arent many around, theres no way we could afford cronk or maloney, most other quality halves are locked up. So why not go for Martin on the cheap?

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Michael Morgan gone?
Thurston retiring?

Where else would you fit TMM?
I read a few weeks ago that Ray Thompson's (fills in for thurston at origin) knees are shot and he is hopeful the cowboys will resign him knowing that. Looks as if that isnt happening if TMM has signed. He is probably happy to spend a year in reserves under Thurston to improve hes game long term

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds great but look at our cap for 2018, its a mess. If you add up what we are paying Woods, Graham, Tolman, Klemmer and Kas, youd fall off your seat. We arent getting 'quality' for a while because we already need to shed 2-3 players to make up foran and woods arrival for the cap to work as is. To bring in 2-3 quality players could cost letting go of 4-6 others which would weaken our depth and not be able to cover those players absence.

We need value look at the storm they pay 3-4 players big money then surround them with value, guys like cheyse blair, ado-carr, glasby, kafusi, k.bromich. none of these guys would be on huge contracts. In terms of value halves, their arent many around, theres no way we could afford cronk or maloney, most other quality halves are locked up. So why not go for Martin on the cheap?
And then some how manage to pick up a state of origin forward in nate myles, who i think signed with manly for 550k mid season and not a single qustion is asked. Nice work NRL, im sure they have plenty of cap space!!

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And then some how manage to pick up a state of origin forward in nate myles, who i think signed with manly for 550k mid season and not a single qustion is asked. Nice work NRL, im sure they have plenty of cap space!!
Probably a similar scenario to us getting Hoppa. Manly are still probably paying some portion this year then the storms to figure out how to pay in full next year, but better than paying full for someone who doesnt wanna be there. Maybe we should look at the same options for some of ours

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is better than Mbye and Reynolds.
His got class I wont doubt that... Cant say is better than anyone though as everyone has their own faults. But I would have thought there is no way Gould would let him go so something must be up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His got class I wont doubt that... Cant say is better than anyone though as everyone has their own faults. But I would have thought there is no way Gould would let him go so something must be up.
Yh something was UP...but it's down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.