TBaz on Rush Hour with MG

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The way i take that is burton is done deal. Jac at the right price he pretty much said he will only go for penrith players that other clubs are going to approach and singled out burton so for me his ours even penrith will encourage him to follow baz if it comes to him wanting a release to another club.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah we know that BUT I still think his first choice is Souths and us if that's it for Sydney.
Didn’t Souths sack him? Funny that money heals all wounds :p

I guess what Souths stand for and the culture down there really speaks out towards indigenous players. And good on them for standing up and standing by their community.

In all honesty he’d be a great role model at Souths. Wouldn’t begrudge him going there and it gives us a chance with averillo. And we can get staggs next year :p

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way i take that is burton is done deal. Jac at the right price he pretty much said he will only go for penrith players that other clubs are going to approach and singled out burton so for me his ours even penrith will encourage him to follow baz if it comes to him wanting a release to another club.
I feel the same way with burton.

And with jac if he did say he sees his as a winger and a fullback interchangeably (I didn’t listen to the interview just going off what was mentioned in here) sounds like he will start in the 5 jersey and swap in and out (which I think would be better off for JAC).

the only this his Addo Carr is he isn’t really a cerebral player. More a natural talent. So he’d be way more effective popping up at fullback for parts of the game more so then running the show from the back.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I guess what Souths stand for and the culture down there really speaks out towards indigenous players. And good on them for standing up and standing by their community.

In all honesty he’d be a great role model at Souths. Wouldn’t begrudge him going there and it gives us a chance with averillo. And we can get staggs next year :p
Wouldn’t mind that scenario at al tbh

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great candid interview. I like the fact that he doesnt speak in riddles or cliches - he seems like a straight shooter which is refreshing to hear

Based on the interview and all the social media stuff, I'd guess Burton is 99.99% a done deal. Hopefully it's announced next week and Penrith release him before preseason training kicks off in a couple of weeks

I loved the bit where he mentioned that even if JAC played on the wing he could have a roaming role - so in essence we could have 2 fullbacks in attack. I've always wondered why more teams don't do that. We could have Avo on one side and JAC on the other side of the ruck always presenting a threat.

He also mentioned how Flanagan was the prototype halfback he looked for and that his plan was to surround him with strike....that line gave me a chubby right there...that means when Baz finally gets the team he wants we'll have an attacking side that will be able to score more than 30 points a game again. Yay. For me the player that screams strike is Kotoni Staggs....get it done Baz

Disappointed they didn't ask him about the 9 but overall it was a good interview. I cant remember the last time I was looking forward to an NRL season. Next year I may even watch non-Bulldogs games again

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great work a good interview and I've always liked that mad prick MG too.
As for Trent Baz there is man love growing fuck he is going to be fantastic for us isn't he??
Can't wait for hopefully more great news and then the comp to start next year year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think it means that it's all being stalled because he really want's to go to souths. Stalling so souths can find the $$. Last resort is us is my guess for JAC.
Or Smith / DWZ don't really wanna leave as it means leaving Sydney and maybe managers are trying to make it work. That's a guess, but there a plenty of possible scenarios

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Baz is on one. He's not fking around! His plan is clear and he is executing it to perfection. So much clarity in what he wants..
And it seemed like that from the get go, he’s Malik every post a winner or definitely trying, he’s the right Man for the job at the doggies.!!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
How fucking good is it to have a coach who can string a sentence together and who actually has a vision!
What's helped him is that he's come on board at the right time i.e we've gotten rid of all those back ended contracts and our salary cap is seemingly in order now.

Although he hasn't really proven himself as a Head Coach yet, I think the fact that he's surrounded himself with good staff and having a great rapport with players, leads me to believe he'll do well.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's helped him is that he's come on board at the right time i.e we've gotten rid of all those back ended contracts and our salary cap is seemingly in order now.
Which is why some credit needs to go to those who made the tough decisions over the last 3yrs. We wouldn't be in this situation if we didn't free up the cap and basically field a 2nd grade side the last few years.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

That’s a way better scenario. Fuck JAC. Averillo has got all the tools it takes to become a gun fullback. then we get ka Toe ni Staggs.. oooft.

I’d be on the blower to staggs tomorrow with a havaiainas endorsement deal on the table

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s a way better scenario. Fuck JAC. Averillo has got all the tools it takes to become a gun fullback. then we get ka Toe ni Staggs.. oooft.

I’d be on the blower to staggs tomorrow with a havaiainas endorsement deal on the table
I’m just worried Averillo flops at fullback and we blew a chance on having the fox.

I think it’s better to get the fox here, play him on the wing and he can rove like Barrett’s ex teammate Blacklock. In the meantime Averillo can play fullback and alternate with the fox.