Opinion Tass and Katoa

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately they are both worse than Holland and Montoya .
Why have Tass and Tui Katoa not even got a mention this year when we are so lacking in the centers? Surely it’s worth giving one or both of them a run in the next 10 games? Surely can’t be worse than Holland, montoya or Chrichton?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why have Tass and Tui Katoa not even got a mention this year when we are so lacking in the centers? Surely it’s worth giving one or both of them a run in the next 10 games? Surely can’t be worse than Holland, montoya or Chrichton?
Not ready yet.

Why crucify young careers when you don't need to.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be good to at least see some kids on the bench, even if given limited minutes and a taste of first grade

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately they are both worse than Holland and Montoya .
If they are worse than Holland and montoya why are they the only young guys in the 30? We supposedly focused on our juniors and have nothing to show for it other than Averillo?

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tass is gone for the year so he’s no chance. It’s interesting to note Schoupp was ball boy for yesterday’s game so that means he’s in the bubble and I assume available for selection.
No doubt Barrett wont be stupid enough not to utilise and harness these young guns potential and dispense with the dead wood that have wasted there opportunities in first grade like Montoya, Holland etc I think Barrett will blood a good mix of youth with the experienced players he will sign up. Topine, Tass and Shoupp will have more opportunities in first grade under a youthful more forward thinking coach like Barrett, just look at the Turbo boys at Manly and see how they’ve flourished in recent years, Des cant take the credit for them!

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've watched a lot of Harold matts so ball 20s and reserves. Believe me they r nothing special. The top 30 has to be filled by someone. Averillo is the goods even in schoolboy football you could see.
If they are worse than Holland and montoya why are they the only young guys in the 30? We supposedly focused on our juniors and have nothing to show for it other than Averillo?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taas was injured I think. I don't know why Katoa isn't given a run. Averillo isn't even getting a run!

Topine should get a run for sure. People say he's too young but Kai O'Donnell started for Canberra against the Roosters and played pretty well... He played Flegg last year and Topine is probably better than him. So there's no reason not to play him.
Averillo has to quarantine didn’t he ?

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our better young players are currently in 16s and 18s. Harold Matt's were leading the comp before covid.
I've watched a lot of Harold matts so ball 20s and reserves. Believe me they r nothing special. The top 30 has to be filled by someone. Averillo is the goods even in schoolboy football you could see.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo is back this week
Taas was injured I think. I don't know why Katoa isn't given a run. Averillo isn't even getting a run!

Topine should get a run for sure. People say he's too young but Kai O'Donnell started for Canberra against the Roosters and played pretty well... He played Flegg last year and Topine is probably better than him. So there's no reason not to play him.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with you longtimedog - apart from Topine they werent standouts in junior comps yet get ft contracts - yes someone has to fill the spots but you would have hoped the club could have done abit better. Encouraging that Schoup (admit havent seen much of him) is in the bubble.
Maybe it had something to do with the mess that the club was in with Development contracts

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only seen highlights of Schoup plus the trial game . I think he held his own physically in that game. I hold out more hope for him. He could be one out of the bag.
I agree with you longtimedog - apart from Topine they werent standouts in junior comps yet get ft contracts - yes someone has to fill the spots but you would have hoped the club could have done abit better. Encouraging that Schoup (admit havent seen much of him) is in the bubble.
Maybe it had something to do with the mess that the club was in with Development contracts

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Reminds me of a dentist that hasn't figured out orange juice contains a lot of sugar (yet).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Before anyone asks Compare Julian Assange to an Afghan American and I think it's apparent.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see a few teams hand youngsters debuts (Jack Johns, Harley Smith-Shields and Teig Wilton) today.

It would be good if we follow their lead and do it too in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Piatavvo anyone??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Piatavvo anyone??
I feel so sorry for Pitovao missing the entire year. He had a huge chance to move up the ranks if he carved up CCup. I’m not sure when his deal runs out hopefully they keep him and give him a shot next year.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wyatt Reybolds is like a replica of Luke Thompson and wears headgear looks like a wrecking ball just needed to get comfy with contact same as the others they should be thrown in now all of them some aren't in the bubble