News Tangata-Toa settles into new look coaching pack

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does mounties train in hinchinbrook? Which oval?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What usually happens is the top 30 players will just train all week with the NRL squad and then anyone playing for Mounties will have a captains run training run and that’s it.

Mounties contracted players will have their own training sessions. It will be a pretty disjointed team I think.
Thats what I was thinking. Kinda disjointed. Some will have to shuffle between Mt Pritchard and Belmore. Doable I guess but I was wondering about the CCup team playing the same style of footy under Mick Potter so teplacements can easily fill in....a tad hard If they are in a totally different environment

I guess they have factored that in when they made the decision.

(No 1980 Bulldogs Reserve Grade Premierships ever again :(

Dave TT's position very necessary it seems.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. Kinda disjointed. Some will have to shuffle between Mt Pritchard and Belmore. Doable I guess but I was wondering about the CCup team playing the same style of footy under Mick Potter so teplacements can easily fill in....a tad hard If they are in a totally different environment

I guess they have factored that in when they made the decision.

(No 1980 Bulldogs Reserve Grade Premierships ever again :(

Dave TT's position very necessary it seems.
I think they will using reserve grade as more of a development tool then looking for results now. Each player will have specific targets and goals rather then the whole team and I think DTT will be the conduit between them all.

I wasn't really a fan of the whole Mounties partnership to begin with and I'm still not keen on it but it's done now and just hope it is a good pathway for the juniors to make NRL.