News Tallis: Broncos to Implode

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is this gonna help us, hinder us or no effect bc we need to look after our own game first.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brisbane let in 2-3 soft tries through the middle. No heart. I think management are making a statement by cancelling their party time because they played like busted asses

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this gonna help us, hinder us or no effect bc we need to look after our own game first.

Not sure if you listen to MMM, but Dobbo was going on about it this morning, trying to make a big deal out of it. They are all of course on team Bronco/Corey Parker as his missus is the breakfast presenter.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if you listen to MMM, but Dobbo was going on about it this morning, trying to make a big deal out of it. They are all of course on team Bronco/Corey Parker as his missus is the breakfast presenter.
There's always a huge shake up, reality call, pressure event with low lying teams to stir them up, just before we play them!

More ref and NRL cheating! :grinning:

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Look I got respect for these older boys. At any club tbh. But these old heads need to shut the fuck up and get on with their lives. Madone. All you hear is the back in my day blah blah. Cocksucker it ain't back in the day. It ain't back when Broncos where apparently a super club. Mind you they won what, 2 in a row in a comp with half the quality teams in another comp but that's another story. It's a different game, different era get over it you flop.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Look I got respect for these older boys. At any club tbh. But these old heads need to shut the fuck up and get on with their lives. Madone. All you hear is the back in my day blah blah. Cocksucker it ain't back in the day. It ain't back when Broncos where apparently a super club. Mind you they won what, 2 in a row in a comp with half the quality teams in another comp but that's another story. It's a different game, different era get over it you flop.
The pressure on the Broncs, in the Qld State capital, to re-create the glory days of Lewis, Miles, Brick, Lockyer, Renouf, Alfie, Sailor, Carroll, Petro, Webke is enormous.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gordie is obviously really close mates with Kevie and wants him to succeed but I think he should just shut up and let him coach instead of trying to protect him in the media.
Yeah, it seems he is trying to suggest the organisation isn't getting behind Kevvie enough, but Comments like this don't really help anyone, and just invite people to have a crack back at you. i think Gordie just likes being controversial. Keeps his mug relevant.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will lose to them....

We have the worst pack and bench in the league by a country mile.
Bro, it's crazy how far we've fallen. In the past years, even when we were going crap, we still had a pretty decent pack.

This is probably the worst forward pack in our clubs history. Even the 08 pack shits on this one.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos will put 24 on us at least to be honest we have no heart anymore its like they dont care enough to put in, im pretty sure we arent escaping the spoon this year.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see the Broncos no longer protected by the media and former players having an opinion on how shit they've become.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Breakfast Presenter" is that just another fancy word for a woman preparing the breakfast table with bacon eggs?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Broncos are trying to maintain the stance "they never have a re-building year", but when you screw your recruitment/retention up as much as the donkeys have, you need years to straighten it out as you guys well know. They'll be cellar dwellars for a few more years yet and you guys will put 30 on them.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the history of clubs and respecting past greats is important but I am a little tired of Tallis and his rants against the current Broncos and his condescending nostalgia for the Broncos of old... the Broncos for the first 15-20 years of their existence had such advantages over the rest of the comp --> they had/have Brisbane all to themselves, huge crowd support, their choice of stadium (old Lang Park, old ANZ Stadium which hosted the 1982 Commonwealth Games, new Suncorp Stadium), had a top line coach in Wayne Bennett, the salary cap benefits of the lower cost of living in Brisbane as compared to Sydney, the pick of the best Brisbane and QLD talent (eg. in the lead up to the 1998 GF, it was genuinely questioned in the media whether there was even one 'Dogs player that would make the Broncos team), they were even able to attract some of NSW's best talent (eg. Glenn Lazarus, Chris John's), a monopoly on corporate support in South East Queensland (which I do not believe has been properly vetted by the NRL), best facilities, huge junior nursery etc.

it is not exactly surprising that the Broncos won 6 premierships in a 14 year period and past Broncos players should be a little more self aware before playing the "in my day" game

as for the Broncos currently, there is nothing wrong with their pack --> Haas, Flegler, Lodge, Riki, Carrigan, Pangai, Turpin etc... they have some good outside backs in Staggs, Coates, Oates, Isaako, Niu etc.

the Broncos' woes centre on their spine and mentality... I cannot remember an NRL team so visibly and consistently sh*tting the bed the moment it gets hard on the field

drop Croft, recruit a good organisational half or bank on Dearden, bring in a creative fullback and most importantly, SIGN CRAIG BELLAMY NO MATTER THE COST

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Donkeys were on the path to nowhere when Bellamy left them and went to head coach Melbourne in 2003. He started the trend of SE Qld quality juniors choosing to go to Melbourne, where previously it was the Donkeys or nothing. The rise of the Cowboys from 2004 under Murray and the subsequent arrival of Thurston stuck another nail into the Donkey's coffin. The Gold Coast teams were never really a threat in the past, but that is rapidly changing. In 2 years they will have further competition in the form of the new Brisbane team. I just don't see them ever getting back to the force that they were.

Go Dogs