Opinion Tall timber

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You could tackle the attacking player in the air, now with the rule change you can't. Imagine pinpoint kicks from Keary to Tupou, who the hell is going to beat him to the ball? Tupou will get his hands to the ball 9/10 times.
He’ll score tries for fun, if you are going to get penalised anyway you may as well break one of his giraffe legs

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The above article is about Dragon Jason Saab who is 199cm tall and how much of a advantage he has due to the rule change with a defender no longer being able to tackle a catcher in the air. We have Reimis and Okunbor both at 196cm and for a team that struggles for points it will be a valuable source of points.

Meaney is rock solid under the high ball but his height leaves him at a major disadvantage.

Every time a bomb goes out to the wings it would be probably better then a 50% success rate especially if its focused on heavily in the pre-season.

I think smith will be our centre this year as we couldn’t land one and we have plenty of players who can play on the wing

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really hate Reimis at centre and swapping late in tackle count is just asking for trouble and leads to confusion. I don’t see much upside moving Reimis in at all.

When other options are duds like holland oh mate that means there is an upside

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When other options are duds like holland oh mate that means there is an upside
Averillo or Tass are better options. Pretty much the only reason Smith might be getting moved is because we have little depth there. Give Averillo or Tass a run to build the depth without moving Smith from a position where he has shown real potential.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo or Tass are better options. Pretty much the only reason Smith might be getting moved is because we have little depth there. Give Averillo or Tass a run to build the depth without moving Smith from a position where he has shown real potential.

What if the players you have mentioned are not ready for fire grade?

I don’t want the team to be torn a new asshole again early in the year because we are testing players in first grade who are not ready yet.

Only the coaching staff will know if they are ready and if they are great but if not smith might need to move in.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What if the players you have mentioned are not ready for fire grade?

I don’t want the team to be torn a new asshole again early in the year because we are testing players in first grade who are not ready yet.

Only the coaching staff will know if they are ready and if they are great but if not smith might need to move in.
Well that’s the question we don’t know but they have both been elevated to the Top 30 so they mustn’t be that far off.

There’s no guarantees that Smith is going to be a success at centre either especially in defence. It really is a problem area for us.

Hopefully someone makes the position their own in 2020.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could tackle the attacking player in the air, now with the rule change you can't. Imagine pinpoint kicks from Keary to Tupou, who the hell is going to beat him to the ball? Tupou will get his hands to the ball 9/10 times.
Yep cheers for that.
Maybe time to bring in some west indian basketballers. Lol

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never liked the rule of a team getting 4 points from scoring off a kick. A try through the hands should be awarded more imo. Now its defence and attack, yeah i dont like the rule change.
Please dont make league like rugby greenturd. Be recruiting afl players me.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where getting too kick friendly in league, to many bonuses for kicking away on a last tackle.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Try from a Kick no kick at goal....
Just throwing that out there :-)
Good idea. The bonus point idea works in 9's ingoal... so in theory your idea should be a good innovation :grinning: