Opinion Tall timber

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
OK I get it, you have no response and so you resort to avoiding a discussion, one that you know you can’t possibly win. Next I’m sure you will resort to personal insults, the last call of a desperate poster without a proper argument to defend.

Happy New Year to All
Go Dogs
Do you have a horsey throat? Asking for a friend.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Some on here can't seem to grasp the idea that a spine player needs to be a creative outlet, probably the same people that suck Lewis off because of his defence. They also can't seem to understand that I'm more than happy for DWZ to play at fullback again next season and give him the opportunity to improve certain areas in his game.
Same boat here man, my post history says that I think we need DWZ at 1 next season and even possibly the season after. But still get knocked when you question his creativity... He's a hard running support/effort player. It's good but won't win us a comp if we don't have quality halves

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m interested Wendog - how would you judge a decent start to the season - adequate improvement over the last two? A 50% win/loss ratio in the first 10 games seems fair for starting to frame decisions for 2021 and beyond - both coaching and squad?
50/50 sounds fair enough to me. I'm just surprised those kinds of comments aren't put into the bleaters box is all ;)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
50/50 sounds fair enough to me. I'm just surprised those kinds of comments aren't put into the bleaters box is all ;)
I’ll work it into the next script which is being polished right now :-)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess I'll be the token crying female again.
Plus I do hope Natboys negative comments on Foz and your own on your expectations of the team's position after 10 games are featured :grinning: ....just as a fair presentation of the diversity of views on here of course ;)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Same boat here man, my post history says that I think we need DWZ at 1 next season and even possibly the season after. But still get knocked when you question his creativity... He's a hard running support/effort player. It's good but won't win us a comp if we don't have quality halves
Exactly, there's every chance he can improve these aspects of his game just as there's every chance he doesn't, but to disregard it and act like it isn't important or that somebody else can do it is ridiculous.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Plus I do hope Natboys negative comments on Foz and your own on your expectations of the team's position after 10 games are featured :grinning: ....just as a fair presentation of the diversity of views on here of course ;)
Happy to cop as good as I give.
Even better when it’s intelligent and/or funny.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I guess I'll be the token crying female again.
There’s someone else I’ll nominate for that role, especially if the crying is in the corner haha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Happy to cop as good as I give.
Even better when it’s intelligent and/or funny.
You dig the knife in but at least you do it with a grudging smile and acknowledgement. You got a bit o class about you :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Oscar judges will have an easy time this year Wendog - clean sweep from Dinkum :-)
Yeah well last time I couldnt play it on my phone and had to read the quotes to work it out and then the posts! And then go searching on the Hitler meme site. Good to have a laugh on here rather than the usual (insert your choice of descriptive word).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah well last time I couldnt play it on my phone and had to read the quotes to work it out and then the posts! And then go searching on the Hitler meme site. Good to have a laugh on here rather than the usual (insert your choice of descriptive word).
Sounds like a lot of work :-) If you’re watching on mobile, turn the captions on on your video player. Bottom right for iPhone, likely something similar for Android.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of work :-) If you’re watching on mobile, turn the captions on on your video player. Bottom right for iPhone, likely something similar for Android.
Will give it a try :grinning: the Hitler meme site worked fine.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
We didn't make the 8 though... So that's not revolutionary in my eyes. Did he set up tries with cut out passes on a sweep? Did he kick to his outside men if something was on ? He lacks vision when it comes to ball playing. Like few others have said playing off passion only gets you so far eg Josh Reynolds
1) Thanks for twisting my words, that's so nice of you. I actually said revelation, not revolutionary. And in the true meaning of the word I believe he was, in that he gave our players something to work with from his hard kick returns, confidence and overall professionalism. Did we get all that with anyone that played there after Morris left?

2) No shit we didn't make the 8, but it's no coincidence that when he came on board we immediately started seeing results and started climbing the ladder. Had he been our fullback from Round 1, do you genuinely think our season would've been worse?

3) Fknlmao at placing him in the same sentence as Reynolds. DWZ captained his country and was in the leadership group at Penrith. Reynolds was... well... do I really need to go on?

Again, the point I'm making here (which conveniently is being swept aside) is that he has slotted in very nicely with our team and has had an obvious impact. Is he the Messiah? Fukk no. But so far he's going pretty damn good.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not being able to touch or tackle someone in the air has been a rule for years.
Have i missed something. This rule has always been in place. U have to play at the ball not the man.
This is an old rule thats been getting defenders penalised for years.
I have deffinetly missed something

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Have i missed something. This rule has always been in place. U have to play at the ball not the man.
You now can’t tackle an attacking player in the air. It was only previously a defensive player

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You could tackle the attacking player in the air, now with the rule change you can't. Imagine pinpoint kicks from Keary to Tupou, who the hell is going to beat him to the ball? Tupou will get his hands to the ball 9/10 times.