Talk about arrogant... Sydney Roosters superstar James Tedesco says he's only going to get better

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is why the Roosters are up there

And we're down here.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's arguably the best player in the game, article is warranted imo

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's easily the best player in the comp and is getting better each year. The new rules just make it easier for him to dominate against tiring defences.

Dib and Des botching the signing of him from the Tigers and letting Cook leave are two of their biggest fuck ups aside from their infamous back ended deals.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't care how good he is, he scored a treble against the team coming second last, and brags about it.

Nigel Vagana didn't do that when he scored 5 tries against the Rabbitohs in 2002 did he.

Like I said, this Saturday his team comes up against the team coming first and only remaining undefeated team in the comp. If he scores 3 tries then, I will eat my words.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's easily the best player in the comp and is getting better each year. The new rules just make it easier for him to dominate against tiring defences.

Dib and Des botching signing him from th Tigers and letting Cook leave are two of their biggest fuck ups aside from their infamous back ended deals.
I imagine we would be in a very different position currently if we didn't botch those two up.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Tedesco is probably the best player in the game.

Looking at the Roosters performance over us on Monday night it was pretty clear that money wins premierships.

Look at the players in that team who were purchased once they were already big established names.

1. James Tedesco
3. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
12. Angus Chricton

Also keep in mind that Keary is only the player he is because he spent last year learning under Cooper Cronk while at the Roosters.

Having said that, the Roosters are 100% reliant on Keary being fit and available. If he gets injured around finals time they don't stand a chance.

Malla

Reaction score
You have to consider what the Roosters have that other teams don't when you talk about their players being the best
- Coaching staff - pretty sure each player has their own coach and trainer. On top of that, Roosters assistant coaches are probably first grade coach material lol.
- Facilities and training - pretty sure they go away on overseas trips for the purpose of training and learning shit off sports regimes like NFL etc.
- Systematic success - the system in Roosters is built for success, they can literally plug any player into a position and he will be a cog in a wheel. The thing about the Roosters that makes them exceptional is the player they recruit is usually a rep player. Look at those that have left and how its impacted them, compared to those who have come on.

I mention this because end of the day it's easier to play football at the Roosters compared to other clubs. Look at how well BMoz is going? He was atrocious for us, always injured. Now he's killing it - why? Their rehab and recovery program is obviously more superior, he would be on an individual plan based on what he needs as opposed to a team program, AND he has great players around him that makes his job simplified and easy. BMoz ran down someone the other week - cant remember who - but I never saw him run that quick for us without pulling a hammy lol. You could also say the same for JMoz.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least there’s truth too it, he’s good.. if not the best.!!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not arrogant but the truth
There’s a difference

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/tedesc...t-better/34a4e740-8b64-4d1c-8471-827126ec56f2

Nice one Teddy. Concentrate on beating a good team before bragging about how good you are.

Score a treble against the Eels this Saturday and I'll eat my words, you idiot.
I'm sorry, but someone has to say this, what a stupid reason for a thread. OP got totally fooled by the media, and as a Doggies fan who knows never trust a headline, surely we should be better than this. We know the media spins crap, they do it to us all the time. If we want other fans to be fair with how they read things written about our players and club, we should be showing them how.

Here is the sum total of what Tedesco ACTUALLY said, as reported in that article. Read it and tell us all where he is being arrogant.

"As a footballer, you can never really nail an attribute 100 per cent so for me it's just keep working on everything that I need to be as a fullback," Tedesco said.

"Being a fullback involves every skill in the game so for me it's just continuing to work hard at training and on extras and don't take a backward step.

"Maybe there's little improvements in every area."

The rest of the stuff, the headline and the rubbish in the article itself (other than the quotes of Morris), is fluff written by a two bit journo trying to get clicks for his article. Don't get sucked in by it, you only reveal yourself to be a fool.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to consider what the Roosters have that other teams don't when you talk about their players being the best
- Coaching staff - pretty sure each player has their own coach and trainer. On top of that, Roosters assistant coaches are probably first grade coach material lol.
- Facilities and training - pretty sure they go away on overseas trips for the purpose of training and learning shit off sports regimes like NFL etc.
- Systematic success - the system in Roosters is built for success, they can literally plug any player into a position and he will be a cog in a wheel. The thing about the Roosters that makes them exceptional is the player they recruit is usually a rep player. Look at those that have left and how its impacted them, compared to those who have come on.

I mention this because end of the day it's easier to play football at the Roosters compared to other clubs. Look at how well BMoz is going? He was atrocious for us, always injured. Now he's killing it - why? Their rehab and recovery program is obviously more superior, he would be on an individual plan based on what he needs as opposed to a team program, AND he has great players around him that makes his job simplified and easy. BMoz ran down someone the other week - cant remember who - but I never saw him run that quick for us without pulling a hammy lol. You could also say the same for JMoz.
I'll add:
- every Rorters player was RUNNING in attack and defence, we were often plodding
- Rorters players used footwork to find gaps, we preferred to bash and barge (and were ill-equipped to do so)
- I don't think any player was playing out of their best position, whereas for us I'd swear some positions were drawn out of a hat.
- and yeah unreported 3rd-party deals, university degrees, jobs for the whole family, etc etc etc

Malla

Reaction score
I'll add:
- every Rorters player was RUNNING in attack and defence, we were often plodding
- Rorters players used footwork to find gaps, we preferred to bash and barge (and were ill-equipped to do so)
- I don't think any player was playing out of their best position, whereas for us I'd swear some positions were drawn out of a hat.
- and yeah unreported 3rd-party deals, university degrees, jobs for the whole family, etc etc etc
This is a very important point. They have ALL players playing their best position - even if you look at their wingers - playing on their favored sides as well as second rowers etc. This would be part of their recruitment of players as well - ie. Manu is exceptional at right centre, so why would they go out and buy another right centre? They pick up Josh Morris because his preferred position is left centre. Things like that may seem small, but makes a big difference to the individual player if he is playing his preferred position and preferred side. They could have easily shifted Keary to half when Cronk left, but left him at 5/8 and brought in Flanno because Keary is best at 5/8. - meanwhile we have a lock playing half and a disabled pensioner playing 6 lol. They are just a step ahead - makes you think wtf is our club doing from a coaching, training and development stand point.

And yeah what helps as well is the third party deals, the apartments, the parties, the women, the lifestyle of living in Bondi/Coogee, etc.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a very important point. They have ALL players playing their best position - even if you look at their wingers - playing on their favored sides as well as second rowers etc. This would be part of their recruitment of players as well - ie. Manu is exceptional at right centre, so why would they go out and buy another right centre? They pick up Josh Morris because his preferred position is left centre. Things like that may seem small, but makes a big difference to the individual player if he is playing his preferred position and preferred side. They could have easily shifted Keary to half when Cronk left, but left him at 5/8 and brought in Flanno because Keary is best at 5/8. - meanwhile we have a lock playing half and a disabled pensioner playing 6 lol. They are just a step ahead - makes you think wtf is our club doing from a coaching, training and development stand point.

And yeah what helps as well is the third party deals, the apartments, the parties, the women, the lifestyle of living in Bondi/Coogee, etc.
At least we have Belmore Train Station.