Opinion Tale of the tapes 1,7,9 and 13 failings to bring bulldogs undone in 2022

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Averillo/JAC/Toia (or buy someone like CNK/Drinkwater if they're "available", go all in for Walsh for 2024)
6. Burton
7. BBO (go all in for Munster/Keary - if any truth to Roosters moving him on, for 2024)
9. Mahoney
13. Matterson (best signing we could make for 2023 imo)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Throwing rookies into this mess isn’t going to do a thing besides hinder their development.

I honestly don't believe that is always the case... Experience is experience no matter how you get it. You look at Mitch Barnett last night.. Made our pack look like a bunch of bitches and the bloke started his career at the Knights when they were sipping on the bottom of the barrel.

I believe fast tracking careers will help your squad down the line and atm the moment maybe that youthful energy is what this club needs, not some contractors scared to put there bodies on the line for a jersey they don't give a fcuk about.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I honestly don't believe that is always the case... Experience is experience no matter how you get it. You look at Mitch Barnett last night.. Made our pack look like a bunch of bitches and the bloke started his career at the Knights when they were sipping on the bottom of the barrel.

I believe fast tracking careers will help your squad down the line and atm the moment maybe that youthful energy is what this club needs, not some contractors scared to put there bodies on the line for a jersey they don't give a fcuk about.
No it won't

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The alarming thing is there’s more players that deserve to be dropped than stay in the team. You’re right about Dufty though he should be on top of the list followed by Naden.
Dufty
Naden
TPJ

Shouldn't play next week and that is without any thought process.. just do it. A message needs to be sent.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

For every Barnett there’s a Averillo, Okonbur, BBO, Wakeham, etc. I’m not saying all these players would have been world beaters but being thrown to the wolves too early has no doubt effected their careers in a negative way.

Blooding rookies if done right can be great but we have shown we cannot do it right.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No it won't

Probably fukn wont because the issues go much deeper but some naiive, unexperienced players whom are only thinking about putting in their best efforts might rub off on the duds and get them performing.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just want Dufty to fuck off and never wear our jersey again. Everyone talks up his “attack” but the **** hasn’t scored or set up shit. Gtfo of our club u rat.
That’s a bit harsh bro

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For every Barnett there’s a Averillo, Okonbur, BBO, Wakeham, etc. I’m not saying all these players would have been world beaters but being thrown to the wolves too early has no doubt effected their careers in a negative way.

Blooding rookies if done right can be great but we have shown we cannot do it right.
Im sorry but i dont understand how it will effect them in a negative way? Whats the difference between a tradesman that starts his trade at 16 and one that begins at 20? They all end up professionals sooner or later.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im sorry but i dont understand how it will effect them in a negative way? Whats the difference between a tradesman that starts his trade at 16 and one that begins at 20? They all end up professionals sooner or later.
That tradesman started as a apprentice and studied for four years and isn’t that what a junior does going through the grades? You wouldn’t chuck a apprentice onto a difficult job by themselves in their second year unless they were ready for it would you?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
JAC at Fullback? I can live with it as long as we have a excellent Winger that is a polished finisher. Then we have the problem with our misfiring forwards who continue to be unfit at best. As for the second row, they are done. Waddell and Stimson can no longer claim these roles in 2023. Naden and Okenbur should remain in the Reggies. I will address the 7 next week.
Agreed.

Thankfully Stinkson is in the final year of his contract this year - needs to be let go.

Waddle is still under contract for 2023. I am fed up with his errors and wrong options eg continually taking a hit up and not passing when there is an obvious overlap right beside him. He is a liability.

Naden is awful - we are stuck with him for a while but yes you are right he should not be in first grade. Likewise for Okunbor

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
The alarming thing is there’s more players that deserve to be dropped than stay in the team. You’re right about Dufty though he should be on top of the list followed by Naden.
Naden and Dufty are both awful.

They will be the first players picked next week.

We are going to get absolutely carved up by Tigers at Leichhardt. I am talking a 42 to 4 carve up.

The 4 we get will come from a consolation Addo Carr try in the last 3 minutes. Burton will miss the conversion from right beside the posts.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Naden and Dufty are both awful.

They will be the first players picked next week.

We are going to get absolutely carved up by Tigers at Leichhardt. I am talking a 42 to 4 carve up.

The 4 we get will come from a consolation Addo Carr try in the last 3 minutes. Burton will miss the conversion from right beside the posts.
I foolishly said yes to going to this game with my best mate who is a Tigers fan. It ain’t going to be pretty.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Averillo/JAC/Toia (or buy someone like CNK/Drinkwater if they're "available", go all in for Walsh for 2024)
6. Burton
7. BBO (go all in for Munster/Keary - if any truth to Roosters moving him on, for 2024)
9. Mahoney
13. Matterson (best signing we could make for 2023 imo)
Lol go after Kearey.....what about when he was available to sign when he was at the rabbits and no one wanted a bar of him...now u want him ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol go after Kearey.....what about when he was available to sign when he was at the rabbits and no one wanted a bar of him...now u want him ?
Well I wasn't here then so ask someone else maybe

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That tradesman started as a apprentice and studied for four years and isn’t that what a junior does going through the grades? You wouldn’t chuck a apprentice onto a difficult job by themselves in their second year unless they were ready for it would you?
So what are you saying we should leave all the under 22's in Cup until they are superstars there? These kids have already had a decent apprenticeship albeit a disrupted one since 15, they know their trade..

Averillo/BBO/Schoupp/Kiraz/Patolo/Wakeham/Topine and others will and have already been thrown into that difficult job by themselves and I can guarantee when they are a part of a better team they will be better players for it, the most part because they have had that NRL experience.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what are you saying we should leave all the under 22's in Cup until they are superstars there? These kids have already had a decent apprenticeship albeit a disrupted one since 15, they know their trade..

Averillo/BBO/Schoupp/Kiraz/Patolo/Wakeham/Topine and others will and have already been thrown into that difficult job by themselves and I can guarantee when they are a part of a better team they will be better players for it, the most part because they have had that NRL experience.
You just don’t get it .
these guys will not learn anything of value being put in first grade in this side until they cannot learn or develop anymore in lower grades .

This team is shit with bad habits and you don’t “learn “ or get better in that type environment whilst you are building and learning your game, building the body for first grade and requiring confidence in that environment .
These players need to develop their game in the level at NSW cup whilst they can .
What will kiraz learn being in first grade.. to hog the ball because the rest are useless or when there is a dropped ball to put his head down as it’s game over or if he next to a numbnut that can’t defend to race out of the line or not work with defensive structures.

Do you think Sam walker would be the player he is right now if he debut last year in the dogs side or roosters side . His confidence would have been shot and probably lost to the game or be the next flanno.

I have a 13 year old nephew , he can sidestep guess should put him in the side as he will get experience .

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just don’t get it .
these guys will not learn anything of valued being put in first grade in this side .
the team is shit with bad habits and you don’t “learn “ or get better in that environment whilst you are building your game, body and confidence in that environment . These players need to develop their game in the level that they are at . What will kiraz learn being in first grade.. to hog the ball because the rest are useless or when there is a dropped ball to put his head down as it’s game over or if he next to a numbing that can’t defend to race out of the line or not work with defensive structures.
Do you think Sam walker would be the player he is right now if he debut last year in the dogs side or roosters side . His confidence would have been shot and probably lost up the game .

I have a 13 year old nephew , he can sidestep guess should put him in the side as he will get experience .
also as for BBO tell me how he is developing by getting 10 minutes a week . He would be better off playing NSW CUP developing his game then coming on for 10 minutes . His carear killed

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree.

However under a new coach I would let them have a go this year.
Swap Barrett and T-Toa for 4 weeks.

I’ve no idea if it’d help but sure as shit can’t hurt..well it might hurt Reggie’s but still