Tails of Belmore: Episode 1 - Geoff Robinson

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have launched the ‘Tails of Belmore’ podcast which will feature interviews with past players and significant figures of this great club.

The podcast will appear throughout the 2021 season and give members as well as fans an opportunity to hear from the players and key figures that have left an impact on this club.

The first episode features player #427, a premiership winner and local junior Geoff Robinson, who shares his journey in the blue and white as well as the important role his parents played in his upbringing.

Robinson made his first grade debut in 1977 before going on to play 139 top grade games as well as being a member of the 1980 and 1984 premiership winning teams.

A rugged prop with bushranger looks, the Canterbury junior shared the feeling of winning a premiership and being awarded life membership to the football club.

“An ex-footballer told me there is nothing like winning a grand final and he said I can’t explain it to you. The bloke was so right. You can’t explain what it feels like to win a grand final and to win a grand final when we were all such good mates, including Ted Glossop was so enjoyable,” said Robinson.

“It means a hell of a lot. Being made a life member of a club that I love so much and still love so much. It was something special and it just showed their appreciation for what I loved doing for this club. It doesn’t happen to a lot of players. This club has been a big part of my life. This club is very special,” Robinson added.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the Robbo growing up in Bass Hill in the 80's he was the local hero. Funny fact Ray Price only lived about 100 meters away from him think they hated each other but everybody hated Ray Price lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love the Robbo growing up in Bass Hill in the 80's he was the local hero. Funny fact Ray Price only lived about 100 meters away from him think they hated each other but everybody hated Ray Price lol
That praying mantis pose he did while they lined up a goal kick.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All clubs should be doing this with their prominent players. They aren't getting any younger & they could pass at any time - just look at Steve Folkes & Garry Dowling to name 2.

They should do an hour in depth interview using a good interviewer who has researched the player & spoken to his team mates as well. This is our club's history & if it is to be done, it needs to be done well, like the Peter Sterling interview shows he did a few years back.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely loved Robbo when he played. Could punch on well in a tough era. I hoped he talked about the time he cannon balled into the parra wall move. Was epic viewing at the time.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have launched the ‘Tails of Belmore’ podcast which will feature interviews with past players and significant figures of this great club.

The podcast will appear throughout the 2021 season and give members as well as fans an opportunity to hear from the players and key figures that have left an impact on this club.

The first episode features player #427, a premiership winner and local junior Geoff Robinson, who shares his journey in the blue and white as well as the important role his parents played in his upbringing.

Robinson made his first grade debut in 1977 before going on to play 139 top grade games as well as being a member of the 1980 and 1984 premiership winning teams.

A rugged prop with bushranger looks, the Canterbury junior shared the feeling of winning a premiership and being awarded life membership to the football club.

“An ex-footballer told me there is nothing like winning a grand final and he said I can’t explain it to you. The bloke was so right. You can’t explain what it feels like to win a grand final and to win a grand final when we were all such good mates, including Ted Glossop was so enjoyable,” said Robinson.

“It means a hell of a lot. Being made a life member of a club that I love so much and still love so much. It was something special and it just showed their appreciation for what I loved doing for this club. It doesn’t happen to a lot of players. This club has been a big part of my life. This club is very special,” Robinson added.

I remember against parra they formed a shitty wall with sterling running around the back of it and Robbie just smashed through it and knocked him on his arse

Wild Robbo

Waterboy
Reaction score

An absolute legend of a player.
One of the main reasons i became a dogs supporter way back in 77.
I used to run around in high school with my socks down.... but fortuneatly i had no sin bins.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the hardest running forwards ever. I'm surprised he was a soccer player til 14. I remember a game (might have been reserve grade) where when Robo was playing the ball the marker tapped him on the head and Robo charged into the guy plus 2 others nearby throwing punches trying to fight all 3 at once. I was at Henson Park one day (Dogs V Jets) and Robo ran into tackle Tommy Raudonikis who had his elbow out (maybe on purpose) which hit Robo in the jaw. Broke Robo's jaw or cheekbone from memory.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can you say about this great man who would just charge at that line with no fear.
Was not the biggest guy out there or most skilled but would make tough meters in trying circumstances,played amongst some very tough guys
I remember just waiting to scream out go Robbo every time he touched the ball.
Salute our wild man

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbo at belmore was something special just lifted the crowd with his charges