Tag Notifications

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hi Site Administrators, I'm not sure who it is now, so... @Nash @Mr Bulldogs @habs

I don't seem to be getting notifications anymore when I'm tag. I thought it was just me, but it appears it's happening to @TANK 2.0 as well. I have not changed my alert settings, and every box is ticked, so something has happened somewhere.

This essentially means I'm missing out on posts people tag me in.

Can you please investigate and advise?

Thank you.

@Mr Invisible please acknowledge if you receive this tag.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I received it fine ... because ... well... I'm awesome and all that :D

@TANK 2.0 @Wahesh

Let me try something to see...

What browser are you guys using? I'm wondering if it's a browser issue. Works fine here on IE11 and Firefox.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FFS @Mr Invisible you're as useless as Bulldogs 2017 trying to score a try #Whennosewhistles=Life
#shitcoach

Okay I have done some testing. For me as a Moderator, my account gets alerts FINE. Both using IE v11 so it's NOT a browser issue, but appears to be a user permission issue (as the DESEHASLER account has alerts enabled).

However my DesEHasler test account does not (and it has same permissions as you and Tank would).

I'm going to look and see if maybe explicit permissions are mucking up for the USER group, although it would appear not to impact all users (as Darcie was getting tags and Zooperman has).

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not sure if you need this info still but I'm using Chrome.

Now last year when this forum was upgraded (or was it the year before?), I was also using Chrome and it worked fine. This just happened recently out of the blue.

No add blocker or anything like that enabled or installed.

DesEHasler

Blow Arse
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A Million nosewhistles to you @Mr Invisible for fixing this... I'd give you a premiership but I'm incapable of that!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay @Wahesh @TANK 2.0 @Nash @habs @Mr Bulldogs

Wahesh has confimed this is working. I believe this is now fixed.

The problem was that permissions under AdminCP for ALL User Groups had reverted the "Max Mentions Per Message" setting from "Unlimited" to 5. This meant that if you were away from forums and got more than 5 alerts (or failed to acknoweledge 5 alerts) they would stop completely.

Seems a minor bug in the forum software (and it's been reported back to v 1.4).

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok well things are working fine now. Thanks a lot man.

@Nash... promote this man :D

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In all seriousness man, the fellow moderation group here these days is awesome. We work really well together and it's good to be abe to bounce scenarios off others for a different point of view.