Tackle on JMK

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The tackle by Whare on JMK looked somewhat dodgy to me.

In super slo-mo, the first point of contact is by his shoulder.
His left arm is jus dangling around not offering anything to the tackle.
It is this point that sends JMK backwards then Whare's right arm comes up high and cocked.
I'm not suggesting his right did anything ilegal if in fact it did anything at all.

It sorta looked legal and was applauded by most who say it.

At the point of contact Whare closed his eyes which may have contributed or given himself
away as generating a careless tackle.

I'm not sure that we guage the legitimacy of a tackle by the way it affects the tackled player.

We were not good enough again and I think the detractors of JMK should give it a rest.

He's got a blue and white jumper on his back and despite what you think - you should, at the very least,respect him for that.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I respect him and think he is a decent defender but jeez this kid offers nothing as our 5/8 I waited years for our club to finally move renoylds on and now we have him? Renoylds is better and coming from me that’s massive.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So because he has a blue and white jumper on no one should say that he isn’t a NRL standard half? He can’t pass or kick to a decent standard and it probably played a part in him getting smashed because Whare knew he was going to run it.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I respect him and think he is a decent defender but jeez this kid offers nothing as our 5/8 I waited years for our club to finally move renoylds on and now we have him? Renoylds is better and coming from me that’s massive.
Fair enough !

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So because he has a blue and white jumper on no one should say that he isn’t a NRL standard half? He can’t pass or kick to a decent standard and it probably played a part in him getting smashed because Whare knew he was going to run it.

You know I could have set my watch to a comment of your type.
Respect is probably not in your makeup so there is little need to address anymore of your dribble.

Thanks for your post.
Regards

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know I could have set my watch to a comment of your type.
Respect is probably not in your makeup so there is little need to address anymore of your dribble.

Thanks for your post.
Regards
Haha please! If someone is out of their depth at NRL level what’s the point in sugar coating it? He’s still young and might come good but right now he’s not up to it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will be the first to put my hand up regarding jmk as I wanted him in the 6 or 9 right from word go.. he has great defence (minus the monster hit last night) he tries, he’s keen and you have to applaud an respect his effort being thrown into 1st grade an stayed there up to this point, but it seems the big stage is taking a little toll on him an he is still a little green!

However I would still like to see him at 9 like others have said. Still a lot to work on for him and needs improvement as most of the team do. Still keeping my optimism though as he can become a great player ( maybe utility of all else fails)

Cheers guys.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m shocked by the lack of respect for JMK for taking the hit. It was a hospital pass at best and he had no option but take the pass and get whacked. If I was an NRL journalist, I’d focus on that rather than a winger lining a up blind shot on a young developing half. I reckon most on the page could do what Whare did, however not many would take the hit, keep the balk ....and just get on with the game. Well done JMK

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was a shoulder charge, with an acted attempt to wrap the arm around.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It was a beautiful tackle, i wish some of the ***** in our team could pull it off. Klemmer was an idiot for jumping in and costing us possession, if only he put that sort of effort into charging onto the ball instead of his stupid goose step or raised knee.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And we’ll done Klemmer for stepping in and getting the penriff idiot out of JMK face, exactly what you want to see from a senior team mate
nothing was happening klemmer is just an actor researching a movie role of a prop forward enforcer

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And we’ll done Klemmer for stepping in and getting the penriff idiot out of JMK face, exactly what you want to see from a senior team mate
Agree. Klemmer did what a real forward should always do and that is to defend the little guy. Well done.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a beautiful tackle, i wish some of the ***** in our team could pull it off. Klemmer was an idiot for jumping in and costing us possession, if only he put that sort of effort into charging onto the ball instead of his stupid goose step or raised knee.
If some ***** in our team pulled that off it would have been a penalty. Klemmer did tg he right thing by his teammate because it certainly did look suspect in real time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If some ***** in our team pulled that off it would have been a penalty. Klemmer did tg he right thing by his teammate because it certainly did look suspect in real time.
Not at all. Klemmer was an idiot and it was a great hit. Klemmer should focus more on footy than trying to pick shitty fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.