Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
T-Rex in crash
Tony Williams creates plenty of carnage on the field, but he also caused plenty off it while driving unlicensed late last year.
T-Rex was responsible for a nose-to-tail accident while driving a club-sponsored car, capping a forgettable year that ended prematurely when he suffered a pectoral injury in June. Williams, who didn't realise he was driving on a suspended licence, paid a hefty price for the bingle, having to cover the cost of repairs to both vehicles.
Williams came to the Bulldogs with much fanfare three years ago, but the NSW forward hasn't lived up to expectations since transferring from Manly. The 27-year-old will need a big season, and a bigger pay cut, to have any chance of earning a new Canterbury contract next year.

Perrett digs deep
Canterbury forward Lloyd Perrett is digging his heels in despite the fact he has been deemed surplus to requirements at Belmore. Perrett is on a lucrative long-term deal at the Bulldogs but he is going to struggle to break into a star-studded pack.
Gold Coast have made Perrett an offer in excess of $1million over three years to shift north, but he's not budging at this point.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...am-burgess-20160130-gmhlnd.html#ixzz3yiScoSlT
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As long as it wasnt a DUI

Everyone makes mistakes

like signing trex and lloyd perrett

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The best part of this is that Trex "didn't realise he was driving on a suspended license"... Obviously he's not only clueless on the field

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't driving a club sponsored car while unlicensed be contrary to the Bulldogs Code of Conduct?

And if so wouldn't Williams's contract be liable to termination?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't driving a club sponsored car while unlicensed be contrary to the Bulldogs Code of Conduct?

TBH the club should not be giving cars out to players who dont have a DL, they should be checking before hand.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score

It said he wasn't aware. For all we know it was suspended for an unpaid parking fine.
The argument could also be made as to why he was allowed to drive while unlicensed.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Canterbury forward Lloyd Perrett is digging his heels in despite the fact he has been deemed surplus to requirements at Belmore. Perrett is on a lucrative long-term deal at the Bulldogs but he is going to struggle to break into a star-studded pack.
Gold Coast have made Perrett an offer in excess of $1million over three years to shift north, but he's not budging at this point.
So he's treating his contract negotiations the same way he treats moving up with the defensive line.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
^^^ lol love it
il give him some added incentive to move to the gold coast
il throw in a first class airfare ticket plus a seasons pass at all the theme parks so he can fool around and sing songs there.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lloyd is looking in the best shape of his career and training the absolute house down in pre season, so can't see that being true tbh.

Master

Waterboy
Reaction score
^^^ lol love it
il throw in a first class airfare ticket plus a seasons pass at all the theme parks so he can fool around and sing songs there.
I'll go halfies with you... Nothing more I would like but to see useless Lloyd gone!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can't fuking drive, can't fuking play footy.

doggi3s

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't quote me.. But I heard they've tried to evict him out of this unit a few times coz his too messy.
However this was last year but just goes to show he doesn't give a damn.
Heard this from someone involved with the club.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"wasn't aware"... yeah right. Unless he is seriously that clueless?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
^^^ lol love it
I'll go halfies with you... Nothing more I would like but to see useless Lloyd gone!
I'll move his shit for him.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

You can't be Forreal

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
TBH the club should not be giving cars out to players who dont have a DL, they should be checking before hand.
I don't think so Otago_Dog. If a driver has his/her licence suspended the driver is advised of the details by a letter in the post.

We are talking about a responsible adult here (aren't we?) not a retarded delinquent..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

If they didnt terminate Loko after he got done @ .26 or something, driving around with his headlights off at night, they arent going to sack Trex for a rear ender, suspended licence or not. Its a typical offseason nothing story.

With Perrett i dunno. Hes pretty young and hasnt had a lot of chances to prove much, being a backup bench player. He could improve. Not saying he should be any more than a backup now though. And we might need him. Forwards tend to get injured, and we have a few that play origin. Always surprises me when people expect fringe/rookie/backup players to play like origin players. They are backups ffs. If they were awesome, they would either be a starter in our side, or go to another team to be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.