T-Rex Addresses Newcastle Rumours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
foxsports.com.au is reporting that Bulldogs Tony Williams has been linked to the struggling Newcastle Knights.

The massive Canterbury forward has hosed down the connection as just “rumours”.

“I heard it from other people — not from my manager or coach,” Williams told fox sports.com.au.

“People think they know everything.

“I love it here [Bulldogs] and hopefully I can pay them back and do my best this year.”

Tony Williams playing Origin Photo: Getty Images

The former Eels and Sea Eagles player is one of the biggest forwards in the game, but has struggled to regain the damaging form that saw him play for NSW and Australia in 2011 and 2012.

With 147 NRL games under his belt, the 27-year-old would be a handy asset to the struggling Newcastle club.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's third overall in metres run so far - James Graham being the only forward who has run more metres

https://www.nrl.com/Stats/TelstraPr.../PlayerList/tabid/10833/clubid/3/Default.aspx

He noticeably ran straighter and harder in game 1, less so in game 2. Hopefully round 1 form continues.

Mbye needs to start putting him into gaps. Our structures aren't flattering to any of our second rowers. The Roosters of the past few years have shown how to put back rowers into gaps - but less so this year

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is doing fine right now, add to that he plays the 80 minutes. Would prefer he was on a little less coin for what he does, but if he puts in a good year he might convince the Dogs to hang onto him for less coin. Lichaa and Mbye are good for him, they give him more time and space. So long as he does 100+ metres a game, and breaks 3+ tackles, he is a weapon on the left edge, and will create space and opportunity out there.

A team like Newcastle would be crazy to pick up Williams on big coin. He isn't a leader, he needs good structures and smart players and leaders around him. He is NOT going to play better at Newcastle than he is at the Bulldogs.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I used to think trex was just lazy and apathetic on purpose but I think he just can't help it..some people take longer than others to fit in...
I think he'll come good this year

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to think trex was just lazy and apathetic on purpose but I think he just can't help it..some people take longer than others to fit in...
Its just the fact that as of next year he is unemployed, he is just looking to secure his future

Malla

Reaction score
He is doing fine right now, add to that he plays the 80 minutes. Would prefer he was on a little less coin for what he does, but if he puts in a good year he might convince the Dogs to hang onto him for less coin. Lichaa and Mbye are good for him, they give him more time and space. So long as he does 100+ metres a game, and breaks 3+ tackles, he is a weapon on the left edge, and will create space and opportunity out there.

A team like Newcastle would be crazy to pick up Williams on big coin. He isn't a leader, he needs good structures and smart players and leaders around him. He is NOT going to play better at Newcastle than he is at the Bulldogs.
He is also at his best when you get him one on one with a smaller defender. Saw glimpses of it in the first 2 rounds. Hopefully continues this week.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its just the fact that as of next year he is unemployed, he is just looking to secure his future
He isn't going to be unemployed next year. There are plenty of teams that would take an AUS/NSW rep edge forward of his size that can play 80 minutes. A new contract is not in question, he will get one, even if its in England.

The real question is, does he want to keep playing for the Dogs. If he does want to, he will have a big season.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He isn't going to be unemployed next year. There are plenty of teams that would take an AUS/NSW rep edge forward of his size that can play 80 minutes. A new contract is not in question, he will get one, even if its in England.

The real question is, does he want to keep playing for the Dogs. If he does want to, he will have a big season.
Bro thats what i meant, i know some other team will pick him up, i just hope its not the dogs, even if he kills it.

P.s he most likely will kill it and probably have his career best season too.
But i still dont want him at the dogs

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I never heard a rumour he was linked to knights tbh.

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay us back?
I'd like to see that.
In all honesty a move to Newcastle would be a good decision for Williams' career. He'll fit in well there with their optional defending and lacklustre mental approach to matches.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pay us back?
I'd like to see that.
In all honesty a move to Newcastle would be a good decision for Williams' career. He'll fit in well there with their optional defending and lacklustre mental approach to matches.
To be fair he hasnt been that way this year so far

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So far this year he's been okay. I think with his major pec and ankle injury, he's had to learn to trust his body again.

TRex's issues I reckon are/were more psychological barriers than anything.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So far this year he's been okay. I think with his major pec and ankle injury, he's had to learn to trust his body again.

TRex's issues I reckon are/were more psychological barriers than anything.
They looked it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I won't be surprised if Des re-signs him. If we lose one of our up and coming players in the lower grades to keep this guy I'll be very disappointed.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay us back?
I'd like to see that.
Stupid Statement, would rather Tony running with us not against us.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If only I could find a job that pays me over half a million a year for 3 years to just fit in and then actually do what I'm payed for in the 4th year!

He's living my dream right now....

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just keep signing him on 1 year deals and he will be a star...simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.