Sydney Trams - I Was Wrong

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You think it is a problem now?

The trams and traffic have yet to face a real peak. When workers, school and Uni students are all back in Feb, then you will see the full disaster.

Then the extension down to Kingsford. The trams were launched now because they were hoping the lower patronage would help PR.

The Ministry of Transport are already predicting that in a full peak the trams will run @ 108% capacity. In 5 years that will increase to 120% capacity.

Add to that they are selling (sorry franchising) the buses, in 4 years time the ANZAC Pde corridor will make Parramatta Rd look like a freeway.
Yep - and the trips are taking twice as long as they did 60 years ago, and last week, after ONE HOUR of operation, one of them broke down. That’s got to be some sort of record.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep - and the trips are taking twice as long as they did 60 years ago, and last week, after ONE HOUR of operation, one of them broke down. That’s got to be some sort of record.
The Metro broke down as well on it's first day of operation. But I think that lasted at least 6 hrs.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jumped on this thing today. Not bad if you are a tourist.
Problems is that the billions of dollars weren't spent on a tourist attraction. This is meant to be a mass transit system.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
George st is way better now without the cars. The city with 0 cars throughout the CBD is the future.
So how is it better for businesses to receive their inventory/ shipments/ deliveries?

I know a few courier drivers that have sold their city runs cause it now takes an extra 2 hours per day for the same money as before to complete the run.

Yeah forward thinking :unamused:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So how is it better for businesses to receive their inventory/ shipments/ deliveries?

I know a few courier drivers that have sold their city runs cause it now takes an extra 2 hours per day for the same money as before to complete the run.

Who cares they will figure it out.. got to evolve.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Who cares they will figure it out.. got to evolve.
You don't evolve by going backwards. This 'new' tram system is so fucked up already, that you would have to think the only way is up... you would have think it!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't evolve by going backwards. This 'new' tram system is so fucked up already, that you would have to think the only way is up... you would have think it!
Do you think Belmore got to ride at the front of the spastic bus?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tom Gleeson: A tram is just a bus with no options.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Trams work well in Melbourne.
But that's because Melbourne was laid out off the Hoddle grid format.