Sydney Trams - I Was Wrong

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im going to come out and say something horrible here but don't give a shit really.

All I'll say is a little over 100 years ago, its a shame the Turks didn't wipe em all out!

Just think?
There would be no such thing as Kim Kardashian,Ana Kasparian or Gladys Berejklian today!

Honestly how is that not a good thing?
What’s wrong with kardashians... their family is amongst the most influential people of all time

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
if not them, somebody else.. before they came along, the sheep were getting their lessons in narcissism from certain celebrities... sorry, "stars" and "icons"

I'm not sure where you hang out but I don't think I've ever personally encountered an Armenian.. :tongueclosed:
A lot of the survivors travelled eastward and interbred with the Ayerab I believe?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s wrong with kardashians... their family is amongst the most influential people of all time
Stop being an ugly fucking troll!
Another post like this to me and I'll report you for baiting! Mkay.

This coming from a guy who doesn't like to report posts

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stop being an ugly fucking troll!
Another post like this to me and I'll report you for baiting! Mkay.

This coming from a guy who doesn't like to report posts
So you secretly like and adore them?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah Robert.
If you wanna see shit traffic move back to Sydney for a while!
Well the tram didn't have to even go up the middle of Hunter street, there was a perfectly good rail line for it to use but no, they had to sell the land off, could of been done better.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the tram didn't have to even go up the middle of Hunter street, there was a perfectly good rail line for it to use but no, they had to sell the land off, could of been done better.

except that would somewhat defeat the purpose of taking the train line out yea? the city had to act.. as I said before, when I lived there, it was an absolute ghost town, new stores would last a few months on average, and now it is a lot more busy, even outside of summer

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
except that would somewhat defeat the purpose of taking the train line out yea? the city had to act.. as I said before, when I lived there, it was an absolute ghost town, new stores would last a few months on average, and now it is a lot more busy, even outside of summer
No they could of dropped the rail to footpath level, concreted it in and taken down the fences to still open the town to the water, anywayz its done, no trains.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Was this waste of money the bulldyke, Christian hating fat ***** idea, the NSW government or federal government?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was this waste of money the bulldyke, Christian hating fat ***** idea, the NSW government or federal government?
The idea probably came from some ambitious business person who wanted taxpayer money to build a system that they (the government) will now flog off at a huge loss. It's possible that the idea even came from the company used to build it all.

But no doubt it will be flogged off soon enough. Similar to the way that hospitals roads, telecommunications networks etc have all been sold off for a portion of the prices they're worth in the name of getting our budget into surplus. Usually the sales take place after taxpayers fund huge improvements.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now some people here might recall me complaining about trams and how they are tacking our nation backwards by all the problems they are currently causing, or being caused to them, such as cars being caught in traffic across the trams lines that prevent them from taking off.

Well... by saying that we've gone backwards, I was actually wrong...

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw...ye6AgYdpOslkO2A0hJWWB8VmVA#Echobox=1576573031

From the above article...

"The CBD and South East Light Rail, or CSELR, is taking on average 50 minutes to cover the distance compared with 26 minutes for the Sydney trams in the 1950s."

So... no, we haven't gone backwards, we've gone even FURTHER THAN BACKWARDS!

Thank you Fatty O'Barrell, Mike Baird, and Gladys Berejiklian for fixing the traffic problem in the city by making it worse.

Good one.
You think it is a problem now?

The trams and traffic have yet to face a real peak. When workers, school and Uni students are all back in Feb, then you will see the full disaster.

Then the extension down to Kingsford. The trams were launched now because they were hoping the lower patronage would help PR.

The Ministry of Transport are already predicting that in a full peak the trams will run @ 108% capacity. In 5 years that will increase to 120% capacity.

Add to that they are selling (sorry franchising) the buses, in 4 years time the ANZAC Pde corridor will make Parramatta Rd look like a freeway.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jumped on this thing today. Not bad if you are a tourist.