Sydney Trams - I Was Wrong

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The goal is no cars in the CBD.
Go and check out the traffic on both sides of Pitt St Mall, then come back to me and see if there's any chance of that happening. Go look at the Harbor Bridge and tell me if there's any chance of that happening.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Go and check out the traffic on both sides of Pitt St Mall, then come back to me and see if there's any chance of that happening. Go look at the Harbor Bridge and tell me if there's any chance of that happening.
This could of worked if they never got rid of trams in the first place.
Its not practical today.

Despite this new obstacle. I still don't have much trouble slipping into the city with my car.

I know which roads to use to get around without much fuss

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be like me..

And don't ever travel to the city unless absolutely necessary.

Before I turned 18, I could count on 1 hand the amount of times I ventured to the CBD. Too many people, packed like sardines in a small space, everything costs more than it should, the people are in a hurry to get nowhere real fast...

If I could get away with never stepping foot in the city again, I would.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I know which roads to use to get around without much fuss
Yeah but most people don't - and these people are the ones that build up the traffic.

That's the problem with any Premier city. Sydney was build with no plans. They just found a place, settled, and then continued to build further and further outwards. If the city was designed and planned correctly, then I assume the Strathfield is most likely where the city should've been. It's right in the middle of everything, close to everything, and can handle traffic from all directions. The way you see Strathfield today, it isn't capable of being a CBD with a lot of narrow streets and minimal parking on residential streets close to the shops, however it's pristine location would've been top-notch for a CBD.

Parramatta being relatively close to Strathfield would've been more like North Sydney, and Penrith would've been like Parramatta.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It doesn’t happen overnight... it’s already in progress. Paris and London.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another political white elephant just for the novelty, she buys anything.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but most people don't - and these people are the ones that build up the traffic.

That's the problem with any Premier city. Sydney was build with no plans. They just found a place, settled, and then continued to build further and further outwards. If the city was designed and planned correctly, then I assume the Strathfield is most likely where the city should've been. It's right in the middle of everything, close to everything, and can handle traffic from all directions. The way you see Strathfield today, it isn't capable of being a CBD with a lot of narrow streets and minimal parking on residential streets close to the shops, however it's pristine location would've been top-notch for a CBD.

Parramatta being relatively close to Strathfield would've been more like North Sydney, and Penrith would've been like Parramatta.
There has to be a way to fix Sydney?

I keep using maps while at work to survey the grid and work out how to free things up?

Another major fuck up was not making a bridge over chapel road!

Btw can you believe once upon a time on Parramatta road at Auburn there was a sheep and cattle crossing?

Parramatta road used to be a rural road like how the great western highway at Blacktown looked 30 years ago.

Another big fuck up is the trainline running through Parramatta road.
That holds up a lot of traffic.

Isnt that why they are building the Parramatta to carlingford tram line?

To get rid of the carlingford railway?

You can see how short sighted Sydney has been planned out if your just have a good survey of the maps.

Its obvious our roads after the colonial era were built by alcoholics who had their heart set on getting shit faced.
Thats why theres a pub on the corner of every main road!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Gold Coast trams are fantastic.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tell you were the trams are awesome, Newcastle... I thought taking out the train line from Wikham to Newcastle was going to be a bad decision, but it's really opened the town up.... as for the city... I'll say it again and again.... bring back the MONORAIL

simp.jpg

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell you were the trams are awesome, Newcastle... I thought taking out the train line from Wikham to Newcastle was going to be a bad decision, but it's really opened the town up.... as for the city... I'll say it again and again.... bring back the MONORAIL

View attachment 12324
The monorail should of been extended to Parramatta as an alternative to congestion on trains.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The monorail should of been extended to Parramatta as an alternative to congestion on trains.

the Monorail should travel the nation!! no cars, no busses, trains.. just a lot of monorails!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score

View attachment 12324
Newcastle's tram was late and over budget for the sake of two stations, not to mention ruined Hunter street businesses and traffic, some dude stacked his bicycle on the track and died and now its harder to get to the foreshore, the heavy rail debate lingers.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Im going to come out and say something horrible here but don't give a shit really.

All I'll say is a little over 100 years ago, its a shame the Turks didn't wipe em all out!

Just think?
There would be no such thing as Kim Kardashian,Ana Kasparian or Gladys Berejklian today!

Honestly how is that not a good thing?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Im going to come out and say something horrible here but don't give a shit really.

All I'll say is a little over 100 years ago, its a shame the Turks didn't wipe em all out!

Just think?
There would be no such thing as Kim Kardashian,Ana Kasparian or Gladys Berejklian today!

Forgot to add Anita Saarkesian to the list.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Newcastle's tram was late and over budget for the sake of two stations, not to mention ruined Hunter street businesses and traffic, some dude stacked his bicycle on the track and died and now its harder to get to the foreshore, the heavy rail debate lingers.
I lived up there right before it all happened... there was fa business up there, especially during the colder seasons... it was honestly a ghost town... I don't see much impact from the tram on general traffic, because it's not as if there is a huge amount of traffic between Wickham and Newi in general... it always seems pretty free flowing when I visit..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I lived up there right before it all happened... there was fa business up there, especially during the colder seasons... it was honestly a ghost town... I don't see much impact from the tram on general traffic, because it's not as if there is a huge amount of traffic between Wickham and Newi in general... it always seems pretty free flowing when I visit..
Yeah Robert.
If you wanna see shit traffic move back to Sydney for a while!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just think?

The Kardashian's are not the problem, their followers are

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The Kardashian's are not the problem, their followers are
But if they didn't exist there'd be no sheep to follow them.

I suppose the Armenians gave us system of a down.

Its not good how they were treated but sick to death of them beating the drum of genocide.
They are like the jews they cry victim to this day over it!

Eventually if you keep beating the drum over the same thing, it tires people out and they become less concerned about it.

Well this is the effect it has on me anyway.
I don't have any respect for any who plays victim all the time!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
But if they didn't exist there'd be no sheep to follow them.

I suppose the Armenians gave us system of a down.

Its not good how they were treated but sick to death of them beating the drum of genocide.
They are like the jews they cry victim to this day over it!

Eventually if you keep besting the drum over the same thing, it tires people out and they become less concerned about it.

Well this is the effect it has on me anyway.
I don't have any respect for any who plays victim all the time!
if not them, somebody else.. before they came along, the sheep were getting their lessons in narcissism from certain celebrities... sorry, "stars" and "icons"

I'm not sure where you hang out but I don't think I've ever personally encountered an Armenian.. :tongueclosed: