News Sydney stadium

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to invest money to make money
We need to save money, just because there's money doesn't mean blow it on all this shit, the country needs stability.
The bitch buys china/Korean trains, wheres our jobs there?

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to save money, just because there's money doesn't mean blow it on all this shit, the country needs stability.
The bitch buys china/Korean trains, wheres our jobs there?
It’s a state issue and NSW basically carries the rest of Australia. Stadiums generate lots of money AND lots of jobs

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NSW gov seems to know what they are doing. The new tram-thingy project was also way over budget and way behind schedule, but it ultimately solved Sydney’s transportation woes overnight. That is, if you live in Randwick and don’t feel like walking from one bit of Randwick to another bit of Randwick.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NSW gov seems to know what they are doing. The new tram-thingy project was also way over budget and way behind schedule, but it ultimately solved Sydney’s transportation woes overnight. That is, if you live in Randwick and don’t feel like walking from one bit of Randwick to another bit of Randwick.
And 20min slower than if you took the bus...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is a 100 mil over budget better than no stadium at all when we started with a good stadium to begin with?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
No one under quotes government jobs
What's an extra $100 mill between friends?

The big bronze statue outside of Allianz of Greenberg giving Uncle Nick a gobby wouldn't be cheap either.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's an extra $100 mill between friends?

The big bronze statue outside of Allianz of Greenberg giving Uncle Nick a gobby wouldn't be cheap either.
On a the small scale of things a local politician who I know a little bit called me up to qoute a job for her, straight away I went well it's government I put 10k on it without blinking I didn't want to go in 2 hard so total cost was about 19800 1 k material a few laborers a few nights and me would of been about 15k left for me for 7 days work arvos nights but easy, the closet quote to me was 48 k ( yep I was shown the other quotes naughty naughty ) in the end they moved office that lend lease built they didn't under quote lol it's the biggest rort going

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I still don't get why Allianz Stadium needed rebuilding I thought it was fine.

Homebush on the other hand.
I hated Allianz. Cramped walk ways, pigeons shitting on you, pylons in the way. Worst location as well, but sadly that isn't going to change.

I am very curious to see how the Olympic Park Stadium refurb goes. It sounds like it is going ahead, the ANZ members all got bullied into paying for half a years membership by being told they would be at the bottom of the pecking order if they bought a fresh membership when it reopened.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hated Allianz. Cramped walk ways, pigeons shitting on you, pylons in the way. Worst location as well, but sadly that isn't going to change.

I am very curious to see how the Olympic Park Stadium refurb goes. It sounds like it is going ahead, the ANZ members all got bullied into paying for half a years membership by being told they would be at the bottom of the pecking order if they bought a fresh membership when it reopened.
The independent safety report they got for Allianz said it was a death trap.
Imagine a terrorist attack there. It’s all about arse covering these days.

I’m looking forward to see what they do with ANZ

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The independent safety report they got for Allianz said it was a death trap.
Imagine a terrorist attack there. It’s all about arse covering these days.

I’m looking forward to see what they do with ANZ
Terrorist attack?
A bomb is a bomb, Kaboom!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
A fire, riot anything where people need to evacuate fast mate
Yeah new is always nice just don't like how everything the Government buys blows out, trams, trains, tunnels and stadiums have all been a disaster.
Make em stick to the contract.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah new is always nice just don't like how everything the Government buys blows out, trams, trains, tunnels and stadiums have all been a disaster.
I don’t think it’s just this government though. I agree about the contracts but you know how these blokes sook when they don’t get their own way. It sounds like there were other issues too that made the government happy to ditch them

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If govt stuck to the design,maybe the contractor would have stuck to the contract

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
They need to get the Roosters accountant and financial manager to do the work for them. They seem to get the best for less.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if the led curtain is included in that price

roosters Waratahs and Sydney fc have all requested it

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty obvious that any new company coming into clean up the mess is going to ask for more money than what it originally got quoted. It’s business, they want money and the job needs to be done now.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The construction companies can hold the government to ransom now.

These stadium reconstruction projects are just one of many black holes that the liberals are throwing money into when our hospitals and schools are crying out for funding.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im sure the opal tower guys could do it cheaper lol