Sydney Protesters

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But I am not inconveniencing people and putting lives at risk to spruik my own beliefs.
Maybe not....but one could argue you are enabling those who put many more lives at risk through your own complacency, and that it is mass complacency and derision of evidence based "beliefs" which encourage people to do extreme things and involve the public.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pshh you watch to many hollywood movies.

I Used to think like you PE. The reality is we will not see that for another 100 lifetimes.

PS. Im still waiting for the government to feed us Soylent Green.
You know those floods and bushfires that we just had?

You know the QLD rainforest that actually caught fire during the bushfires when it never has before?

You know the extreme snow/freezing that Texas went through last year?

It's here.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, what you are saying is that anyone who doesn’t engage in uncivil protests or drink the Cool Aid in terms of climate change is putting lives at risk …. And what you have said is that we are to blame for these protests … bizzare!

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know the QLD rainforest that actually caught fire during the bushfires when it never has before?

It's here.
You know … the bushfires in the 1800s and 1900s

You know …. The Lismore flood in mid-1900s

Whatever it was, it was here then as well

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pshh you watch to many hollywood movies.

I Used to think like you PE. The reality is we will not see that for another 100 lifetimes.

PS. Im still waiting for the government to feed us Soylent Green.
Ewww. Processed human?

No thanks. Give me some fat bloke slow roasted over a spit.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So, what you are saying is that anyone who doesn’t engage in uncivil protests or drink the Cool Aid in terms of climate change is putting lives at risk …. And what you have said is that we are to blame for these protests … bizzare!
No, I'm not saying you should engage in uncivil protests at all....how do you draw that conclusion? I am saying these uncivil protests would be a lot less likely to occur if there was more widespread acknowledgment of the problem we are facing (or choosing not to face) as a global community.

Just look at your comment.....you are equating belief in widespread scientific consensus to cult like thinking. You don't see how that sort of derision can frustrate people, leading them to do reckless and ill advised and irrational things?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Without getting personal …. For every accredited and credible scientist that advocates there is a climate issue, there is another accredited and credible scientist that contradicts this. You choose which you want to follow and read. I remain neutral on the stance
Where are you pulling these figures from? 99 percent of the scientific community is in agreement on this. The idea that the scientific community is evenly split on the issue is just nonsense.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Where are you pulling these figures from? 99 percent of the scientific community is in agreement on this. The idea that the scientific community is evenly split on the issue is just nonsense.
Yeh, it's at this point I decide I'm dealing with a cuckoo and stop bothering

And they can stop with the false offense that I'm insulting at calling them cuckoo, when they provide baseless BS like " there is another accredited and credible scientist that contradicts this"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeh, it's at this point I decide I'm dealing with a cuckoo and stop bothering

And they can stop with the false offense that I'm insulting at calling them cuckoo, when they provide baseless BS like " there is another accredited and credible scientist that contradicts this"
Not just one, but one for every scientist who gives out the "climate change Kool Aid", apparently. Yikes!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is literally no excuse for these hypocritical halfwits from Blockheads Australia & Extinction Rebellion behaving the way they are. All they do is push people away from their cause and they all need to get a job

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Without getting personal …. For every accredited and credible scientist that advocates there is a climate issue, there is another accredited and credible scientist that contradicts this. You choose which you want to follow and read. I remain neutral on the stance
I think you're going to have to back that one up with actual data.

If it's true that there's not a consensus on climate change, then you're going to have to explain that to pretty much every scientific organisation. For example:

NASA

The CSIRO

The Royal Society (The leading scientists of the UK)

All well respected, peer-reviewed Earth Science Journals

That's before even looking at the IPCC who are regarded by all countries as the global authority on Climate Change

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you're going to have to back that one up with actual data.

If it's true that there's not a consensus on climate change, then you're going to have to explain that to pretty much every scientific organisation. For example:

NASA

The CSIRO

The Royal Society (The leading scientists of the UK)

All well respected, peer-reviewed Earth Science Journals

That's before even looking at the IPCC who are regarded by all countries as the global authority on Climate Change

Given how many respected and credentialed scientists or organisations there are that are all uniform in their findings about climate change, it's INSULTING when someone throws away a bullshit line of "yeh but there are other scientists who disagree", when

1. There aren't
2. Some of those who disagree are NOT climate scientists
3. Some of those who disagree are fucking crackpots

So yeh, if you use that argument in this scenario, you're being insulting.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not just one, but one for every scientist who gives out the "climate change Kool Aid", apparently. Yikes!
It's the unfortunate thing that happens with misinformation. It gets ingrained in people's heads and refuses to come out. That's why conspiracies work so well.

Honestly what surprises me the most is that you can tell people that companies like ExxonMobil not only found out the damage climate change was doing more than 40 years ago, but they deliberately ran disinformation campaigns to trick people into thinking that climate change isn't an issue. And they admitted to it.

I have shown that to well educated economists and politicians and you know what the response is? "Nah, I'm not reading that"

People don't care about the truth. They care about what they believe and nothing can change that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Given how many respected and credentialed scientists or organisations there are that are all uniform in their findings about climate change, it's INSULTING when someone throws away a bullshit line of "yeh but there are other scientists who disagree", when

1. There aren't

Yep. I see it all the time. "But Peter Ridd" Yes. Peter Ridd. The Physicist who said, "I've worked at the Great Barrier Reef and I've seen worse bleaching then this"

Met that bloke at a Libertarian event once. Not a bad guy. But I asked him about it and he went on a rant about how Universities are all becoming havens for Liberal degenerates. He was fighting for the people.

Then you have the likes of Willie Soon. Deniers held him up as a hero because he didn't support Anthropogenic Climate Change, and he's a smart guy with no connections to the fossil fuel industry. Another Physicist who it turns out lied. Like almost all physicists who deny ACC, his research was funded by fossil fuel companies and he tried to hide that.

None of that matters though. It's tribalism. People have friends or online groups that tell them that it's all a lie. They feel accepted in these groups so they believe it to. At that stage it becomes tribalism. No amount of evidence will convince them otherwise. They'll google stuff and look through pages of facts before finding something that agrees with their pre-conceived notions and that's the only thing they'll believe. Basic cherry picking. And nothing you ever say will ever change their mind.

I mean, we're already seeing the impacts of climate change. We have the world's leading experts saying, "Remember that climate change thing we were talking about? This is it. You're seeing it now", and the response is, "Nah. It felt hotter last summer"

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's here.
Um that snow in Texas you could burn ?
That was Bill gates dude wake up!!!!!

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. There aren't

Cue the specific discrediting that’s imminent on this forum now for each of these scientists.