Sydney House Prices - Seriously Though WTF

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The other choice is to move to a more affordable city, like Adelaide.

I have a good friend in Hobart, where home prices have risen out of reach for people there because their average wage is 15-20% lower than the mainland; but still affordable for someone from Sydney. He says there is a chance that the housing bubble might burst there sometime soon. Tassie is a nice place if you don't mind the cold weather, and limited job opportunities.

An interest rate rise will be the litmus test around the country.
I love Tassie as a place to visit I don’t know if I could handle the cold and some of the more regional people and no work.. Still Tasmania is very beautiful if people on this forum haven’t been defiantly go. Probably the funniest thing that amused me (apart from eating wallaby which is nice and oyster pies which is horrible) is that it was State of Origin one time I went there and in their daily paper they had a blurb like 12 lines long on the 3rd last page of the paper in the sports section covering it. They do not give a shit about Rugby League there. Could not find a venue to watch it although I was in Ross which only has one pub. The publican and regulars just laughed at me when I asked if we could put it on the television.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love Tassie as a place to visit I don’t know if I could handle the cold and some of the more regional people and no work.. Still Tasmania is very beautiful if people on this forum haven’t been defiantly go. Probably the funniest thing that amused me (apart from eating wallaby which is nice and oyster pies which is horrible) is that it was State of Origin one time I went there and in their daily paper they had a blurb like 12 lines long on the 3rd last page of the paper in the sports section covering it. They do not give a shit about Rugby League there. Could not find a venue to watch it although I was in Ross which only has one pub. The publican and regulars just laughed at me when I asked if we could put it on the television.
I was in Melbourne once when the doggies were playing. So hard to find somewhere showing the game. They had some gay shit with blokes running around in singlets on? I didn’t really understand

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I was in Melbourne once when the doggies were playing. So hard to find somewhere showing the game. They had some gay shit with blokes running around in singlets on? I didn’t really understand
Cross country fumble aka aerial ping pong

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm already teaching my kids to play monopoly in real life.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm already teaching my kids to play monopoly in real life.
Start a trading account for them mate, invest in indexes or ETF’s with a long term strategy. Invest whatever you can every year, 1k if that’s all you can. Hand over account details when you think they are responsible enough. Can give you more info if you DM.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Start a trading account for them mate, invest in indexes or ETF’s with a long term strategy. Invest whatever you can every year, 1k if that’s all you can. Hand over account details when you think they are responsible enough. Can give you more info if you DM.
Thank you my bro, I'll definately hit you up soon.

I'm just being realistic, health wise I can check out anytime tbh so I need my kids setup.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, but I did get Fox on TV in a couple of hotels, so I was able to see the Rugby League down there. When in Switzerland, I could get the Fox replays, but English Super League was live - same time zone. Usually I checked the NRL app to see if we'd won, then not bother to look at the game if it was a bad result. Can't remember ever bothering to look at a Bulldogs game for that reason while I was away.

I really like Tassie- very pretty, and some nice people; but they do have nine months of winter. Launceston is colder than Hobart, even though Hobart is further south and under a snow capped mountain- something to keep in mind if you want to move down there. Launceston also has flood problems.

Try the scallop pies next time you're down there. And visit the Redlands whisky distillery - or their stand at the Salamanca Markets on Saturdays. It's the only Aussie whisky that I like.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So we just got a letter in the mail saying yah some fuckwit real estate agent who looks like he is a 22 year old cock head just sold so and so in your street for $2.8 million..

Granted it was a nice house but nowhere near a beach or water views and I love the inner west I do but if I’m almost paying three million for a fucking house I want to at least be able to see water if I stand on a ladder on top of my roof.

Sister in law sold up maybe 18 months ago in a house which she admits was a shithole on the princesshighway in Kogarah Bay but on the main road. New owners came in didn’t do any Reno’s (she found out because still in contact with old neighbour) and sold it 18 months later for $300,000 more….

So what’s the story every house is going to be worth $30 million in a few years????!???????

And how since every fucker lost their job in the last two years are people still paying $1.3 million for a house. What am I missing?
Move down to where I live on the South Coast, for 2.8 million you’ll get a priceless water view like me. It wasn’t that hard leaving Sydney at the start of the year, am so glad I made the decision mate.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Friend bought a 2 bedroom unit at auction today. Randwick (8km from city, so fairly close to city). Basic 2 bed 1 bath. 1960s/70s 3 floor walk up red brick building. Garage barely wide enough for a Corolla. Almost 1.1 mil. Blimey.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Friend bought a 2 bedroom unit at auction today. Randwick (8km from city, so fairly close to city). Basic 2 bed 1 bath. 1960s/70s 3 floor walk up red brick building. Garage barely wide enough for a Corolla. Almost 1.1 mil. Blimey.
Is this it?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Move down to where I live on the South Coast, for 2.8 million you’ll get a priceless water view like me. It wasn’t that hard leaving Sydney at the start of the year, am so glad I made the decision mate.
What area are you in mate?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hunter prices just slumped due to the propaganda war machine

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yep, but I did get Fox on TV in a couple of hotels, so I was able to see the Rugby League down there. When in Switzerland, I could get the Fox replays, but English Super League was live - same time zone. Usually I checked the NRL app to see if we'd won, then not bother to look at the game if it was a bad result. Can't remember ever bothering to look at a Bulldogs game for that reason while I was away.

I really like Tassie- very pretty, and some nice people; but they do have nine months of winter. Launceston is colder than Hobart, even though Hobart is further south and under a snow capped mountain- something to keep in mind if you want to move down there. Launceston also has flood problems.

Try the scallop pies next time you're down there. And visit the Redlands whisky distillery - or their stand at the Salamanca Markets on Saturdays. It's the only Aussie whisky that I like.
I’ll try that distillery as my missus and I are talking about a little trip down their again. The Zoo in Hobart is surprisingly fun as they get camels to
poke their heads into the car you are in and head but you. Really hurts but fun. Mona is fantastic and Bruny Island Cheese Company on Bruny Island is the best cheese in the world as far as I’m concerned. Also Port Arthur is so expensive and boring as fuck..

Some pics from last time I was there..

DBC3A844-DBDB-466B-B55E-3E9890B55F92.jpeg

Thats a real lion posing for me the show off
DC9BE202-B3C7-46B9-8BFD-F7B459D30E4B.jpeg

Bruny Island Oyster Bar/farm
A40D6919-92F2-4DE6-91E9-FC0BECCF60E0.jpeg

Cradle Mountain fuck that was cold minus 6 feels like minus 17

9A9BC465-72E9-47F3-830C-D933DEE6BBC6.jpeg

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nothing beats the NSW South Coast for beautiful shoreline and sandy beaches :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing beats the NSW South Coast for beautiful shoreline and sandy beaches :grinning:
A friend has a lakefront place at Burrill Lake and another near the beach in Tathra. it's beautiful country but i've always found the water too bloody cold.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A friend has a lakefront place at Burrill Lake and another near the beach in Tathra. it's beautiful country but i've always found the water too bloody cold.
Oh yeah water is cold ...but ...refreshing at times ...compared to Qld which can be too warm lol

Many happy family holidays at Burrill Lakes.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
How's the fishing there?
Depends what I'm targeting. If I'm going for mulloway, kingfish or trophy sized lizards it's going to be hit and miss but I think thats most places.

If Im after a feed its pretty much a fishing haven, just pump live nippers and you will catch just about every estuary species.

Can walk the kayak across the road then paddle across to the mangroves on the right hand side and drop a crab pot or two.

Or grab a prawn light and net and wade the shallows at night for prawns at night and can find crabs and flounder pretty easily that way. Garfish will pretty much swim into the net at night.