Sydney CBD climate protest attracts over 30,000 people

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forgive me I'm just catching up on the rules of Kennel interaction.

You can be racist, sexist and homophobic but if you calling your drug addict, alcoholic parent - rarely sober is a no go?
Lol did I forbid you? Report you? Or something? I’m just saying to have some loyalty to your blood babe, don’t go on the victimisation route now.
Also homophobic? I can categorically admit I am not scared of a gay or many gays.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still not a strawman. Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

It would be a strawman if I said, "you believe climate change was started by aliens". But it's not a strawman if I say "climate change was started by aliens"

For latter is just a lie, or stupid statement. The former is accusing the other person of having a belief they don't have.

That's a strawman.
The term straw man is an idiom that mean the same thing, but one is primarily a British term and one is primarily an American term.

A straw man is someone who has no substance or someone who is unreliable. This term is also used to denote something that is a decoy or coverup for an unethical or criminal enterprise.

The term straw man dates back to the 1500's which had a literal meaning, describing an effigy used to practice combat or a scarecrow used in a field to frighten away birds.

By the 1620s, an imaginary foe was in use in Britain.

The idiom straw man came into use in America in the mid-1800s.

And by 2020 straw man was brought into Australia on the kennel by an alien named MacGyver who tried to save the world from climate combustion

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
my plan is to receive the energy in the desert and then transport it to the places where people live, nuclear power is ok too though
You need to generate a lot more power to transmit over long distances.
Our current power supplies put about 20kV into the system to get the 11kV we need in Sydney, and that's just to transmit over a couple hundred kms. If you want to do that over 1000kms you'll need double that.
I don't think people fully understand the scale required to generate power via solar. 11000V X 20A = 220MW. That's 4X larger than the array I posted, and only if it was based in Sydney.
You put that in the middle of the country and it'd have to be the size of the NT. And TWICE that, if you want to generate enough to store at night.
Nuclear is able to produce more than we will ever need, all the time, small enough to be built in the places it's needed and cheaper than pretty much any other power source.
Canada pays about 6c/kWh for electricity. We pay about 34c.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol so it would be like trying to get someone against something by saying “you’re Muslim they don’t like you”? Using someone they don’t know?
Also how did I attack him lol, I said he should be loyal to his blood no matter what, and that he clearly hasn’t been slapped by his mum before.
Firstly, there's a difference between stereotyping a collective group of people and making a truthful statement about an individual.

Secondly, I need to go punish myself for being stupid enough to draw myself into another discussion with you.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Firstly, there's a difference between stereotyping a collective group of people and making a truthful statement about an individual.

Secondly, I need to go punish myself for being stupid enough to draw myself into another discussion with you.
The shovel is blunt.

Take it to a blacksmith in the morning so he can reshape it on the anvil

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Ouffff there is always a difference when it suits you people lol.
I tell a random guy here to respecc his mum and that’s me using that as an excuse to attack.
Another guy uses another guys religion to try and get his support playing the whole discrimination card lol. I mean ffs

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol did I forbid you? Report you? Or something? I’m just saying to have some loyalty to your blood babe, don’t go on the victimisation route now.
Also homophobic? I can categorically admit I am not scared of a gay or many gays.
Maybe the joke was in poor taste. All I was trying to say was that you argue like someone with an abundance of estrogen who prefers to be drunk more often then not. Is that better sweetcheeks?

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did Mr. Morrison end up writing the $500 million dollar cheque to the UN for the climate aid fund or did he tell the UN to go and fuck themselves?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe the joke was in poor taste. All I was trying to say was that you argue like someone with an abundance of estrogen who prefers to be drunk more often then not. Is that better sweetcheeks?
I mean not really. You don’t get too choose what’s more oestrogen like. I was saying I want the good ol v10/12 engines back in formula 1 as opposed to you wanting smaller greener (gay) engines for racing cars as they attribute a lot to climate change. Now not to be bias, but that sounds more oestrogenic like.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You need to generate a lot more power to transmit over long distances.
Our current power supplies put about 20kV into the system to get the 11kV we need in Sydney, and that's just to transmit over a couple hundred kms. If you want to do that over 1000kms you'll need double that.
I don't think people fully understand the scale required to generate power via solar. 11000V X 20A = 220MW. That's 4X larger than the array I posted, and only if it was based in Sydney.
You put that in the middle of the country and it'd have to be the size of the NT. And TWICE that, if you want to generate enough to store at night.
Nuclear is able to produce more than we will ever need, all the time, small enough to be built in the places it's needed and cheaper than pretty much any other power source.
Canada pays about 6c/kWh for electricity. We pay about 34c.
btw I hate how people act like lower costs are going to be passed onto consumers ffs, its what they were talking about getting rid of the carbon tax

if the power companies receive a cheaper source then they will just have a bigger markup because they don't want to stop collecting more money

seriously if I ever have erection problems, to get me going I will just imagine all Australians personally going 100% solar and the power companies become obsolete

energy companies should have a lower reputation than bankers and lawyers

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
From a moderator standpoint, there's a few things that are absolutely not accepted at all. Everything else is fine unless someone gets offended by it and reports it.

And if it's a breach of the rules and it's reported then it's handled by the mods.

I should point out that I'm not suggesting that anyone report things. I can't be bothered doing the work. Moderate yourselves kids.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So essentially strawman is this.
Strawman: useable when I believe something is strawman only.
That’s exactly how you’re going on about it
Nope. You still don't understand Strawman.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I mean not really. You don’t get too choose what’s more oestrogen like. I was saying I want the good ol v10/12 engines back in formula 1 as opposed to you wanting smaller greener (gay) engines for racing cars as they attribute a lot to climate change. Now not to be bias, but that sounds more oestrogenic like.
That's because you base your testosterone to estrogen levels on stuff like car engines and talking shit on the internet and not real stuff.. like your actual estrogen levels

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait do you believe climate change started the fires like all the lefties here now believe as do the 30 something protestors? Because I specifically remember you calling those people dumb and only a few on twitter who believe climate change actually started the firs.
Again. This is a Strawman.

"lefties believe climate change started the fires"

No they don't. I know you're trolling 'cause you're not stupid enough to not understand this. But good troll.