Switching banks?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Which bank?

Right now I'm with St George and I think they have made a trade deal with Cuba?

They have less atms and every time I want to withdraw a bit over $1000 I get a message saying it can't complete my request.

I'm thinking of changing to either NAB or going back with commonwealth?

Last edited:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Withdrawing 1K at a time? Is that you, John Ibrahim?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Which bank?

They have less atms and every time I want to withdraw a bit over $1000 I get a message saying it can't complete my request.

I'm thinking of changing to either NAB or going back with commonwealth.
I’m with ANZ - no monthly fees and unlimited withdrawals. ATMs everywhere too. Plus you also get an SMS to verify online payment in case someone has logged into your account via online banking.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ha! ATM. You sluts.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t go with ANZ they are shiiittteee. They have flaws in their system so no matter what you do, or who you talk to, it will always end up failing at some point

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously don’t go with ANZ they are so bad it’s not funny. My most recent issue was not being able to activate a bank card... like seriously takes two minutes, couldn’t do it in person and not over the phone and they were just telling me to go to one another

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I recommend ANZ. I've heard they're good...

Wahesh

Reaction score
Don’t go with ANZ they are shiiittteee. They have flaws in their system so no matter what you do, or who you talk to, it will always end up failing at some point
I've been with them for 16 year. Never had an issue. Actually I take that back... in 2005 I had an issue. Their ATM wasn't working so they told me to withdraw in the branch. I did so and go charged 2 bucks. I got rorted. So I went back to the bank and demanded that they refund me the money because THEIR ATM wasn't working and THEIR staff member told me to withdraw inside the branch.

After much deliberation with an Asian employee, I got the 2 bucks back!

Apart from that and them sponsoring the Mardi Gras, I have no issue with them!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Seriously don’t go with ANZ they are so bad it’s not funny. My most recent issue was not being able to activate a bank card... like seriously takes two minutes, couldn’t do it in person and not over the phone and they were just telling me to go to one another
So you had an issue with a bank card getting activated and that's a reason to not go with them altogether? What about the 0.9% I get off the variable interest rate because I bought my house within a specific 3 month window they had opened that will end up saving me tens of thousands over the period of my loan???

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I am with ING and they are amazing... no fees good interest rate on savings and the call centres are all in Australia with Australians manning the phones!! Service is top notch and the app allows you to do everything... change pins, account limits, order a new card. List goes on and on. Would definitely recommend them

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am with ING and they are amazing... no fees good interest rate on savings and the call centres are all in Australia with Australians manning the phones!! Service is top notch and the app allows you to do everything... change pins, account limits, order a new card. List goes on and on. Would definitely recommend them
ING is great and their app is good. Free to use any ATM for OP

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you had an issue with a bank card getting activated and that's a reason to not go with them altogether? What about the 0.9% I get off the variable interest rate because I bought my house within a specific 3 month window they had opened that will end up saving me tens of thousands over the period of my loan???
If I told you all of the issues I’ve had in the last 12 months you would be reading for weeks. And their rates are shit.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Pretty much the same as ANZ... except they're a Dutch bank, not Australian.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much the same as ANZ... except they're a Dutch bank, not Australian.
But they are way better. ANZ retards on the phone don’t even know their own policies I lee having to tel them what they are. Just be some 16 ur olds there

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Which bank?

I'm thinking of changing to either NAB or going back with commonwealth?
If all you do is go to ATM’s and withdraw, go with ING. Free ATM usage across aus. I think even those convenience store ones that charge $2-3 you get reimbursed

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've been with them for 16 year. Never had an issue. Actually I take that back... in 2005 I had an issue. Their ATM wasn't working so they told me to withdraw in the branch. I did so and go charged 2 bucks. I got rorted. So I went back to the bank and demanded that they refund me the money because THEIR ATM wasn't working and THEIR staff member told me to withdraw inside the branch.

After much deliberation with an Asian employee, I got the 2 bucks back!

Apart from that and them sponsoring the Mardi Gras, I have no issue with them!
Mazeltov!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm commonwealth has the dolamite account but stgeorge give you a dragon money box tough call

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a pink nab card, just so i can call women on sexist remarks