Switch up a dog?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only part of your post I agree with is that breeders haven't done the breed any favours. Traditionally Bulldogs were actually bred to fight bulls. They had the strength of jaw to latch on to a bulls nose and the tenacity and courage to hold on till either the Bull dropped or the dog was pretty close to being dead.

So the breed is meant to represents those characteristics. I'm happy with the traditional values the Bulldog represents. The dogs themselves these days have been selectively bred until they've developed serious issues. They might look great in the eyes of some people, but they'd only survive in the wild as hunters if you sent them to the Galapagos islands where they could hunt turtles.

I don't think the Vikings ever made it to Canberra and I couldn't see them seeking to change their brand either. The Titans are basically a mythological concept, the Storm doesn't really represent anything to my way of thinking and the Rabbitohs are basically baby rabbits.

How about you go and campaign to change the Rabbitohs brand.
Actually a Rabbitoh is the guy who would kill rabbits around Redfern and sell them during the depression. He's go through the street yelling "Rabbitoh!". Not a great back story really - but then again, a lot of professional teams in europe/uk/us also have interesting backgrounds to their names, if also a bit depressing.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lock jaw is a myth.. there's no such thing.. pitbulls just have the strength and drive to not let go..
I've heard if you poke them in the rear they let go.
Good luck trying it though. I tried it once and I nearly bit my arm off.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Something I've been sitting on for a while.

We are the bulldogs.
I've always wondered why?
Bulldogs are a cool dog but they aren't a menacing dog. They have a lot of generic problems. Need assisted breeding and struggle to walk.

One of the breeds that's evolved over the last two hundred years and the breeders have dorm them no favours.

All this widely available.

Now my thoughts are, why don't we actually be a little different from all these other teams and leagues that use bulldogs in their logo and have a proper killer psycho dog like a pit bull?

A pit bull is more like the old bulldog.

Pit bulls teeth can axe through ice and metal and they have lockjaw.

Do we want to be represented by a slow fat (yet cute) dog?

Or a psycho killer that won't stop!?
Like the terminator, Lawrence of Arabia etc

View attachment 17058

This?
View attachment 17059
View attachment 17060

Or this?
View attachment 17061View attachment 17062
Are you on meth ?
Pitbulls are generally looked at as gross to majority of public j myself like them and always have but a bulldog is the heritage , family dog, loving dog and aggressive. Fuck you honestly are either half a brain or a troll
So which one is it cause you make some shit ass threads

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you on meth ?
Pitbulls are generally looked at as gross to majority of public j myself like them and always have but a bulldog is the heritage , family dog, loving dog and aggressive. Fuck you honestly are either half a brain or a troll
So which one is it cause you make some shit ass threads
Wrong. The modern bulldog is as aggressive as a pug

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong. The modern bulldog is as aggressive as a pug
Fuck your stupid, dogs don’t know their size . Ever heard the a analogy not the size of the dog in the fight size of the fight in the dog, we had one growing up , they are mean as fuck . I got two kelpies and even tho they are skinny they go mental and won’t stop when stirred up, dude you’re a idiot 90% of your post are stupid and you’re a myth anyway . What kind of muppet comes on here and is half Souths half bulldogs . Only oil you have is the crude oil they use from the fats derived from the deep fryer

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pit bulls are more likely to rip off a kids head though - also why we wouldn't call ourselves the Rottweilers. Not great PR.

How about a breed that is small but has your back? Like a Jack Russell Terrier? (ok, bias revealed: I have a JRT).
Hey there’s nothing wrong with rotties

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck your stupid, dogs don’t know their size . Ever heard the a analogy not the size of the dog in the fight size of the fight in the dog, we had one growing up , they are mean as fuck . I got two kelpies and even tho they are skinny they go mental and won’t stop when stirred up, dude you’re a idiot 90% of your post are stupid and you’re a myth anyway . What kind of muppet comes on here and is half Souths half bulldogs . Only oil you have is the crude oil they use from the fats derived from the deep fryer
Rant aside, my point stands.
Bulldogs are gentle a breed as any. They have no ferocity and even if they did, they can't do anything because of their breed defects.

the bulldog of the 1800s is basically the pit bull if today, which is the point of my thread

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've heard if you poke them in the rear they let go.
Good luck trying it though. I tried it once and I nearly bit my arm off.
Maybe Hoppa can try it, but instead of in the ear try the rear.

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rant aside, my point stands.
Bulldogs are gentle a breed as any. They have no ferocity and even if they did, they can't do anything because of their breed defects.

the bulldog of the 1800s is basically the pit bull if today, which is the point of my thread
We’re not changing it ever so end thread.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
That is my point!
Put bull is the modern bulldog and what the original intended bulldog has become
No Nashi pit bulls are like the bulldog's dumb yank cousin. Pitties have terrier and bulldog blood.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pit bulls are more likely to rip off a kids head though - also why we wouldn't call ourselves the Rottweilers. Not great PR.

How about a breed that is small but has your back? Like a Jack Russell Terrier? (ok, bias revealed: I have a JRT).
If you want a loyal and very defensive dog - a Dachshund is one of the best protective dogs you could own. Would be a wimpy mascot for the Dogs, though.