Switch up a dog?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Something I've been sitting on for a while.

We are the bulldogs.
I've always wondered why?
Bulldogs are a cool dog but they aren't a menacing dog. They have a lot of generic problems. Need assisted breeding and struggle to walk.

One of the breeds that's evolved over the last two hundred years and the breeders have dorm them no favours.

All this widely available.

Now my thoughts are, why don't we actually be a little different from all these other teams and leagues that use bulldogs in their logo and have a proper killer psycho dog like a pit bull?

A pit bull is more like the old bulldog.

Pit bulls teeth can axe through ice and metal and they have lockjaw.

Do we want to be represented by a slow fat (yet cute) dog?

Or a psycho killer that won't stop!?
Like the terminator, Lawrence of Arabia etc

07112BF9-6534-4A11-A270-1202204B1CE8.jpeg

This?
87EB4277-4550-4D8F-8DA7-A39EEC3D971C.jpeg
F92182BB-32B1-4DD2-B7C6-CB51626F9190.jpeg

Or this?
EA6CDB00-77EA-4C89-A89D-11CD5AB45511.png0317F9D7-C443-4ADB-9C52-4AC5AEFDB920.jpeg

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

We are the bulldogs.
Bulldogs are a cool dog but they aren't a menacing dog. They have a lot of generic problems. Need assisted breeding and struggle to walk.

One of the breeds that's evolved over the last two hundred years and the breeders have dorm them no favours.

Now my thoughts are, why don't we actually be a little different from all these other teams and leagues that use bulldogs in their logo and have a proper killer psycho dog like a pit bull?

View attachment 17058

This?
View attachment 17059
View attachment 17060

Or this?
View attachment 17061View attachment 17062
The Canterbury Bankstown "PIT BULLS " 1600705829278.png1600705859658.png1600705981445.png
You know what Nasheed ? when I first read your post I just dismissed it as another one of your crazy Ideas, but I must say this one is really growing me in fact I actually like it, It has a lot of merit.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think we even need to change our name at all, just redefine the definition of a 'Bull' dog.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

We are the bulldogs.

View attachment 17058

This?
View attachment 17059
View attachment 17060

Or this?
View attachment 17061View attachment 17062
The only part of your post I agree with is that breeders haven't done the breed any favours. Traditionally Bulldogs were actually bred to fight bulls. They had the strength of jaw to latch on to a bulls nose and the tenacity and courage to hold on till either the Bull dropped or the dog was pretty close to being dead.

So the breed is meant to represents those characteristics. I'm happy with the traditional values the Bulldog represents. The dogs themselves these days have been selectively bred until they've developed serious issues. They might look great in the eyes of some people, but they'd only survive in the wild as hunters if you sent them to the Galapagos islands where they could hunt turtles.

I don't think the Vikings ever made it to Canberra and I couldn't see them seeking to change their brand either. The Titans are basically a mythological concept, the Storm doesn't really represent anything to my way of thinking and the Rabbitohs are basically baby rabbits.

How about you go and campaign to change the Rabbitohs brand.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The only part of your post I agree with is that breeders haven't done the breed any favours. Traditionally Bulldogs were actually bred to fight bulls. They had the strength of jaw to latch on to a bulls nose and the tenacity and courage to hold on till either the Bull dropped or the dog was pretty close to being dead.

So the breed is meant to represents those characteristics. I'm happy with the traditional values the Bulldog represents. The dogs themselves these days have been selectively bred until they've developed serious issues. They might look great in the eyes of some people, but they'd only survive in the wild as hunters if you sent them to the Galapagos islands where they could hunt turtles.

I don't think the Vikings ever made it to Canberra and I couldn't see them seeking to change their brand either. The Titans are basically a mythological concept, the Storm doesn't really represent anything to my way of thinking and the Rabbitohs are basically baby rabbits.

How about you go and campaign to change the Rabbitohs brand.
1. The Rabbitohs brand is iconic and unique. It should never be tinkered with. It embodies the beauty of what rugby league is in this country, hence they pride of the league'. A bulldog however is generic.

2. Your observation of the modern bulldog is correct. What is interesting to me is you have agreed with me but have perceived it differently.
Form your own words, the modern pit bull ist he modern equivalent of the ancient bulldog.
If we put a bulldog against a out bull in a fight, it will be as one sided as biggie Smalls in a freestyle duel with 'your boi bangz'.
Right now the bulldog could never survive on its own. If it was let loose in a park it would collapse before making it home. It is not a good reflection of our brand, even though in 2020, it's probably accurate for us as a club LOL!!

I'm not suggesting we change the name to CB pit bulls.
What I am suggesting, in light of how some forumers have called for a logo change, or when we eventually update it, we switch the image of the bulldog to that of a pit bull. The change won't be much. But it will be warrior like, such as the images in my OP and in some of the replies.
Nothing radical at all!
I'm simply redefining what it is to be a BULLdog. In some way it's just aligning what the image of the bulldog is s tualky meant to represent.

If I was a graphic artist, I could show you how cool it would look and how small a change it would be. Way less of a change than the damn consitpated China dog logo of the Hazem el Masri era.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lock jaw is a myth.. there's no such thing.. pitbulls just have the strength and drive to not let go..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lock jaw is a myth.. there's no such thing.. pitbulls just have the strength and drive to not let go..
Strength
Drive
Never let go and give up

Great qualities in a footy team don't you think?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Any arsehole that crops a dogs ears needs to be shot in the back of the head,because you are not good enough to get one in the face. only a eunuch like nashweed needs a dog to make themselves feel tough

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Any arsehole that crops a dogs ears needs to be shot in the back of the head,because you are not good enough to get one in the face. only a eunuch like nashweed needs a dog to make themselves feel tough
Huh?
I'll never do that and where did this idea come from?

I only ever owned one dog in my life. A Rhodesian ridgeback.
Loved him.

When he got to 10 years of age I did the selfless thing and released him into the wild near Bulahdelah, so he could spend his last 4 years or so in nature as God intended.

Was 6 years ago. Sometimes I wonder if he is still with us, or if he closed his eyes for the last time looking over the Smiths Lake. Like Mike Did in Breaking Bad <3

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Huh?
I'll never do that and where did this idea come from?

I only ever owned one dog in my life. A Rhodesian ridgeback.
Loved him.

When he got to 10 years of age I did the selfless thing and released him into the wild near Bulahdelah, so he could spend his last 4 years or so in nature as God intended.

Was 6 years ago. Sometimes I wonder if he is still with us, or if he closed his eyes for the last time looking over the Smiths Lake. Like Mike Did in Breaking Bad <3
All the pictures you posted of the pit bulls have had their ears cropped you fucking deadshit

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
All the pictures you posted of the pit bulls have had their ears cropped you fucking deadshit
What you think I did that?
I just got the images from google.
Maybe they do it for beauty I don't know, but I do know it brings the dogs good luck.