Supporters to form a rival ticket?

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate, you are seriously wasting your time. Mr I talks and talks and stirs and stirs. He offers nothing to any debate or discussion. He talks about spell checking....Last week they were all jumping up and down about how great that things were starting to come together with the DWZ signing. Today they’re back to a lynch mob. Save your energy
The thing is Mr I has obvious passion for the club and generally it's quite sensical with what he posts but it's clear and obvious he's opposed to the current board and has been since before the election (allegiances to Dib perhaps?). The thing is there are legitimate issues to scrutinise like the re-signing of Pay and all the stuff at the leagues club with David Brace, Peponis, Kanaan, Iemma, etc but you lose credibility when you start blaming the board for things at an everyday operational level and you actually make yourself look naive in not understanding the actual role of a board.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is Mr I has obvious passion for the club and generally it's quite sensical with what he posts but it's clear and obvious he's opposed to the current board and has been since before the election (allegiances to Dib perhaps?). The thing is there are legitimate issues to scrutinise like the re-signing of Pay and all the stuff at the leagues club with David Brace, Peponis, Kanaan, Iemma, etc but you lose credibility when you start blaming the board for things at an everyday operational level and you actually make yourself look naive in not understanding the actual role of a board.
Mate, in general terms I am sure we understand what the boards role is.
This does not mean however that this is actually happening at the dogs.
The noise is getting louder and louder that certain board members are absolute control freaks who cannot help themselves but get involved in the day to day operations, sticking their noses into everything.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate, in general terms I am sure we understand what the boards role is.
This does not mean however that this is actually happening at the dogs.
The noise is getting louder and louder that certain board members are absolute control freaks who cannot help themselves but get involved in the day to day operations, sticking their noses into everything.
Which i do not agree with, my post was in response to Mr I blaming the board for a typo on our website which is abit ridiculous

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Which i do not agree with, my post was in response to Mr I blaming the board for a typo on our website which is abit ridiculous
I know the board aren't directly responsible for getting a players name wrong on a website, but as a club we should have professionalism from top to bottom. That's the point I'm making.

It's more built up frustration... because we have been spinning the tyres now for a good 3-6 months, yet moving nowhere.

Fans are fed up, and I'm sure sponsors aren't impressed with our progress.

All we hear are excuses. Excuses don't create actions, and what we need at the moment are actions not excuses.

Now, at a time the coach should be packing up his office, the boards gone dead quiet. Fans just want to know what the hell is going on with their beloved club, and why the board are (seemingly) sitting on their hands. They need to come out and explain why copping so many losses in a row is deemed acceptable and why they are not acting on Pays job. Either that or speak to the fans "Pay has 3 weeks to get a win or he is gone".

It's blatantly obvious things are not good, and getting clearer by the day that Pay has lost the dressing room and players respect/trust in him to dig us out of this. He's completely out of his depth and going down with the Titanic.

This is where the board are failing (in allowing the situation to snowball), as well as allowing Pay to recruit Raiders mates alongside him.

This is why people want the board to speak up. They brought Pay into this season, and they need to terminate him, not just for the fans, but for the players, and for Pays own mental health.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know the board aren't directly responsible for getting a players name wrong on a website, but as a club we should have professionalism from top to bottom. That's the point I'm making.

It's more built up frustration... because we have been spinning the tyres now for a good 3-6 months, yet moving nowhere.

Fans are fed up, and I'm sure sponsors aren't impressed with our progress.

All we hear are excuses. Excuses don't create actions, and what we need at the moment are actions not excuses.

Now, at a time the coach should be packing up his office, the boards gone dead quiet. Fans just want to know what the hell is going on with their beloved club, and why the board are (seemingly) sitting on their hands. They need to come out and explain why copping so many losses in a row is deemed acceptable and why they are not acting on Pays job. Either that or speak to the fans "Pay has 3 weeks to get a win or he is gone".

It's blatantly obvious things are not good, and getting clearer by the day that Pay has lost the dressing room and players respect/trust in him to dig us out of this. He's completely out of his depth and going down with the Titanic.

This is where the board are failing (in allowing the situation to snowball), as well as allowing Pay to recruit Raiders mates alongside him.

This is why people want the board to speak up. They brought Pay into this season, and they need to terminate him, not just for the fans, but for the players, and for Pays own mental health.
That's the thing I don't disagree with you, there are so many legitimate grievances that I find it silly you'd bring up stuff that isn't even relevant

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay resigned Lichaa.... which is what my comment lead into "a coach that wasn't signed for another 12 months for being completely shit as well as a hooker brought back from the brink who we had finally got rid of".

Sorry if I didn't word it particularly well.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/de...nd-resign-michael-lichaa-20171020-gz529i.html
As it stands right now, Pay was also signed by Dib.. if as others suggest, the contract extension has performance clauses and he is removed.. no harm, no foul .. I still believe the extension was the right move at the time, hindsight is a wonderful thing though..

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Relax, there will be changes happening. Be patient. Dessie and the previous board left this place in a mess. Dean Pay won't be coach next year, which was chosen by the old board. The only reason they re signed him was to get the media off the Bulldogs backs that's why they only signed him for another year. We're after Turpin and couple of others. The dogs will have money spend in future.
Exactly this. It’s pretty bloody obvious to figure the above all out yourself isn’t it? Fk me.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prior to the last board election there was talk of dirty tricks by both sides much of which I believe was true. If their was to be rival ticket at next Feb election with the same animosity which we saw prior to the 2018 Feb election, it will be the end of our beloved club.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes let's organise to stand against the current Board in the February 2020 elections. Surely we could compile a viable alternative including well respected ex-players, administrators, sports people, prominent fans and members. Maybe that possible threat will get the current board more proactive to turn this sinking ship around?
Ohhh piss off

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the dumbest thread, please delete... last thing we need is the media coming on here and seeing division and articles to make up about division at board level... so stupid

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last thing you want our club to become the next Parramatta eels, they had lots of internal problems and went through shit loads of board members. We just need to be patient as I said before and give this board a chance. They're doing something about it, recruiting players as recently with dwz, it's a start. Hopefully we land Turpin and Mitchell as well.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I propose a cue. We get an army together and we storm Belmore together. We take out Pay and co and TAKE BACK THE CLUB!! WHOSE WITH ME? *Crickets*

Pussiesssssss......
Skip to 1:47

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
A lot of people might not remember this, but when Lichaa wasn't re-signed by Des, he started playing well. For 3 games he killed it and EVERYONE here was asking for him to be re-signed. Now, those same people are calling for his head.

Hypocritically hilarious.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I think the Board are doing a good job under extremely difficult circumstances, we are in far better position than I thought possible 12 months ago, as a result I will be voting for their return.
Not to be confused with how utterly pissed off I am with the on field results, but not a lot the Board can do about that, their job is more long term, it's up to the players and the coaching staff to turn that around short term.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Personally I think the Board are doing a good job under extremely difficult circumstances, we are in far better position than I thought possible 12 months ago, as a result I will be voting for their return.
Not to be confused with how utterly pissed off I am with the on field results, but not a lot the Board can do about that, their job is more long term, it's up to the players and the coaching staff to turn that around short term.

Go Dogs
The board can get rid of the coach who is underperfoming and way our of his depth. The same coach they renewed the contract of earlier this season when the run of losses started.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The board can get rid of the coach who is underperfoming and way our of his depth. The same coach they renewed the contract of earlier this season when the run of losses started.
Can you name me an available coach who you’d replace him with (not including flanno as he’s reregistered) that you would be happy to have as coach for the next 5+years.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
If they sack the coach they'd be doing a good job

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can you name me an available coach who you’d replace him with (not including flanno as he’s reregistered) that you would be happy to have as coach for the next 5+years.
Anthony Griffin with Asst Coach of Pay/OBrien/Demetriou