Supporters to form a rival ticket?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with you about the need for more than one term to get this done.
However did the take over need to be an winner take all scenario as it has turned out to be?
It got personal and ugly that’s what happens when ego’s are involved.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just want to know what their reason Is for persisting with him, its disastrous atm and will not change if he stays, so what's the excuse to keep him, at this rate players will probably walk out

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to know what their reason Is for persisting with him, its disastrous atm and will not change if he stays, so what's the excuse to keep him, at this rate players will probably walk out
Maybe the plan is to get players to want out and make room in the top 30

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate if there's one thing I've learned over the years on this forum, don't talk sense when it comes to the team. You and I all know that the team will be like this for this year and next while there is not cap space and while Dean Pay cleans up Des's mess. The rest of the niff-nuffs on here start calling for blood the moment the team loses games.
I agree everything your saying mate it's a process it takes time. But I don't think Dean Pay is the right man for the job. Ive been saying this for a while because I know this Dean Pay ain't a first grade coach he doesn't know how to coach. Jim dymock should of been given the chance before Dean Pay. They players rate him over Dean Pay.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree everything your saying mate it's a process it takes time. But I don't think Dean Pay is the right man for the job. Ive been saying this for a while because I know this Dean Pay ain't a first grade coach he doesn't know how to coach. Jim dymock should of been given the chance before Dean Pay. They players rate him over Dean Pay.
Do the board know that pay ain't the right man?

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is there going to be a separate greek and lebanese rival ticket or are all us wogs going to fall under the one wog banner for the rival ticket?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s assuming they start winning games when a new coach comes in....
Even Pay was able to win a few games at the back end of last year. We knocked the Dragon's out of the semi's. We will mentally be a different side if we get a new coach in now.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Source: https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/06/16/a-host-of-bulldogs-named-in-rep-teams/

Here's what I'm talking about. Club can't even get Rhyse Martins name bloody right on the official website!

Typo or not, it's COMPLETELY unprofessional to cock up a players name.
What on earth has that got to do with the board? That's a typo from a media and communications assistant.
I know you were completely against the current mob from the outset but perhaps you don't understand the role of a board?
The board isn't meant to be there fulltime working on operational matters, their role is one of strategic guidance and direction which should then be put into affect by the CEO.
Do I think they made a good decision in extending Dean Pay? No, but I think people like yourself are expecting them to control every operational aspect of the club when it's not their role, that's up to Andrew Hill, if they don't have the confidence in him to fulfill their goals then they should replace him but it's not their place to be doing his job

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a board is chosen on performance,then they are gone,stone motherless last,memberships down,crowds down,no improvement in sight,

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Interested in your thoughts about “improvement”, where is the starting point?

I think it is fair to say this season we look like finishing 16th.
2018 it was 12th with 8 wins
2017 it was 11th with 10 wins
2016 it was 7th with 14 wins
2015 it was 5th with 14 win

For me we are going backwards, hopefully this season is the low ebb and the team starts to improve.
However there is so much uncertainty about the team going forward at this stage no one could be confident that there will be any improvement in this team this season or next.
Improvement from wooden spoon is our starting point.

But man what a mountain to climb.

Must start with the coach then at seasons end a review and assistants, support staff, trainers complete overhaul.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What on earth has that got to do with the board? That's a typo from a media and communications assistant.
I know you were completely against the current mob from the outset but perhaps you don't understand the role of a board?
The board isn't meant to be there fulltime working on operational matters, their role is one of strategic guidance and direction which should then be put into affect by the CEO.
Do I think they made a good decision in extending Dean Pay? No, but I think people like yourself are expecting them to control every operational aspect of the club when it's not their role, that's up to Andrew Hill, if they don't have the confidence in him to fulfill their goals then they should replace him but it's not their place to be doing his job
Yes it's a typo. A mistake. But this sort of thing shows the level of attention to detail that is NOT happening at the club.

It's a players name? Does not anyone re-read things before they get approved and posted? If not why aren't they? Spell checking takes all of a few minutes.

Someone should be asking WHY it happened, and ensuring it doesn't happen again.

This sort of amateur hour unprofessionalism runs through the blood of the current Bulldogs, from the players to the coach to the board.

Hence you are missing my point. The board oversee everything at the club. Hill is just employed to ensure the day to day running of the club.

Hill didn't extend or employ Pay, the board did.
Hill isn't getting involved in the signing of players, the board and Pay are.

The board are there to govern ... and they have been deadly silent since to going got tough.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes it's a typo. A mistake. But this sort of thing shows the level of attention to detail that is NOT happening at the club.

It's a players name? Does not anyone re-read things before they get approved and posted? If not why aren't they? Spell checking takes all of a few minutes.

This sort of amateur hour unprofessionalism runs through the blood of the current Bulldogs, from the players to the coach to the board.

Hence you are missing my point. The board oversee everything at the club. Hill is just employed to ensure the day to day running of the club.

Hill didn't extend or employ Pay, the board did.
Hill isn't getting involved in the signing of players, the board and Pay are.

The board are there to govern ... and they have been deadly silent since to going got tough.
I already said that I did not agree with the Pay extension.
I honestly don't believe you understand the role of the board and the CEO, the board is not there to oversee minor things like media releases (unless it relates to a big scandal), they're not there to micro manage employees, they shouldn't be driving recruitment, we should have a recruitment manager/general manager who works with the coach to look after that which should then be overseen by the CEO. Btw the GM of Media and Comms (David Townsend) has been with the club since before the appointment of the current board.
With the level of operational involvement you're expecting from the board we should just save on the wage bill and get rid of Andrew Hill, Vince Costa, David Townsend, Allison Lane and all other members of the senior management team.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure you are aware, but maybe the casual readers aren't, we don't actually look after our own web site, the NRL does. So picking on us for a mistake on the web site is misdirected. Take aim at the NRL by all means, but don't shoot us.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly don't believe you understand the role of the board and the CEO,
Might want to tell Chris that then.

we don't actually look after our own web site, the NRL does.
The NRL run the Content Management System and templates which all sites are designed on.

The clubs social media/content management team then add whatever content they like (for examples sake some clubs even have full Jersey Flegg team profiles). Some clubs share more, others (like Storm) are very closed in what they release.

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I already said that I did not agree with the Pay extension.
I honestly don't believe you understand the role of the board and the CEO, the board is not there to oversee minor things like media releases (unless it relates to a big scandal), they're not there to micro manage employees, they shouldn't be driving recruitment, we should have a recruitment manager/general manager who works with the coach to look after that which should then be overseen by the CEO. Btw the GM of Media and Comms (David Townsend) has been with the club since before the appointment of the current board.
With the level of operational involvement you're expecting from the board we should just save on the wage bill and get rid of Andrew Hill, Vince Costa, David Townsend, Allison Lane and all other members of the senior management team.
Mate, you are seriously wasting your time. Mr I talks and talks and stirs and stirs. He offers nothing to any debate or discussion. He talks about spell checking....Last week they were all jumping up and down about how great that things were starting to come together with the DWZ signing. Today they’re back to a lynch mob. Save your energy

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mate, you are seriously wasting your time. Mr I talks and talks and stirs and stirs. He offers nothing to any debate or discussion. He talks about spell checking....Last week they were all jumping up and down about how great that things were starting to come together with the DWZ signing. Today they’re back to a lynch mob. Save your energy
Keep kissing that sweet boardroom arse Steve *thumbs up*

Clearly some of us want more than mediocre performances both on the field and in the back office.

Pretty sure most of us want a coach that wasn't signed for another 12 months for being completely shit, as well as a hooker brought back from the brink who we had finally got rid of.

The list of shit things this board is doing is starting to grow longer than the good things they are doing.