Supervisor/2IC wannabes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
do they exist in your workplace?
Where I work almost everyone thinks they are in charge trying to tell you what to do.
A couple of Afghan guys keep trying to tell me what to do and try to preach to me about what's up. But there's no need because I'm not from a war torn shithole like Afghanistan!

I've got a new method for these wannabes, whenever they try telling me what to do, I pretend I'm interested at what they are saying for half a second and then turn my back on them like I do my dog when she annoys me!
Best method to get these 2IC wannabes off my back.

Come on guys contribute, every workplace with over 100 workers have at least 20 of them!
I'm sure some of you guys here are one of these wannabes I'm talking about?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well for the first 3 months of Bouncing, I dealt with these lazy, coward ***** trying to act like they are my Ibrahim cousins lol

The next 14 years of my career I was either Manager or Supervisor. I was loved because my pre-shift pep talk I said you are all S1's but don't you fucking forget I'm the motherfucking M1 running into the brawl head first.

Let ***** talk if they are the first one in, if they are the MIA 18 year old hard ***** with their fresh 1 week license, tell them Big Ed/Tank told them shut the fuck up and go to the car park.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've had that in a few restaurants. If there is no actual structure set in the kitchen then everyone thinks they are in charge. I had cooks telling me to do shit for them. Of course I'd politely tell them to fuck off. Then after they kept it up I'd not so politely tell them to fuck off.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I've had that in a few restaurants. If there is no actual structure set in the kitchen then everyone thinks they are in charge. I had cooks telling me to do shit for them. Of course I'd politely tell them to fuck off. Then after they kept it up I'd not so politely tell them to fuck off.
Yeah I worked as a kitchenhand for a while and most of the staff working were females.
That didn't go too well for me.
All the fat ones kept trying to be the boss, it was annoying.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I worked as a kitchenhand for a while and most of the staff working were females.
That didn't go too well for me.
All the fat ones kept trying to be the boss, it was annoying.
Should of put a sign up saying "NO FAT CHICKS!" Haven't you learned anything from Homer? Lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Should of put a sign up saying "NO FAT CHICKS!" Haven't you learned anything from Homer? Lol
Why do women, especially larger ones, always be trying to tell us what to do?
Every time an obese girl try's telling me what to do, I think to myself,but never say it "only if you do one push up first"

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why do women, especially larger ones, always be trying to tell us what to do?
Every time an obese girl try's telling me what to do, I think to myself,but never say it "only if you do one push up first"
Has to be psychological. Some are just sick of insults so they throw it back at the world, some may be over it and use it as a defence mechanism and truthly honest, some are just born *****.

People with zero power over anything will try to overcompensate and try to run everything.

I really believe you are either born a true leader, you can't learn to become one.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Has to be psychological. Some are just sick of insults so they throw it back at the world, some may be over it and use it as a defence mechanism and truthly honest, some are just born *****.

People with zero power over anything will try to overcompensate and try to run everything.

I really believe you are either born a true leader, you can't learn to become one.
Agree with all you've said, especially about Being a born leader.
You cannot develop into a leader later in life if you don't have the attributes.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sound's like your a lazy worker who cant take direction. They kind of person bringing companies down through their own actions but will the first to complain when some thing doesn't go their way

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Simple.

If they are your boss/supervisor, do what they tell you.

They they are not, tell them they are not your boss, and answer to the person that is.

Why do we need to complicate shit?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I agree to a point about being born a leader bro.. But what about people who develop leadership over time with their experience..as a result their confidence grows to feel they can take leadership roles..Or those that develop their quality as a leader while being a leader..say like Allan Border..he was reluctant at first..but by the end he set the platform for a lot of success that followed.. Anyway interesting discussion..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree to a point about being born a leader bro.. But what about people who develop leadership over time with their experience..as a result their confidence grows to feel they can take leadership roles..Or those that develop their quality as a leader while being a leader..say like Allan Border..he was reluctant at first..but by the end he set the platform for a lot of success that followed.. Anyway interesting discussion..
Well after reading this I have no choice but agree with you, Sensei.

I guess the born leaders have a leg up in life.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well after reading this I have no choice but agree with you, Sensei.

I guess the born leaders have a leg up in life.
Yep I reckon you’re right..those that are natural leaders certainly start a step ahead..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sound's like your a lazy worker who cant take direction. They kind of person bringing companies down through their own actions but will the first to complain when some thing doesn't go their way
Haha shows you how well you know me then?
That's why I'm going to clock 50 hours this week!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Simple.

If they are your boss/supervisor, do what they tell you.

They they are not, tell them they are not your boss, and answer to the person that is.

Why do we need to complicate shit?
It's those good darn foreigners who need to complicate shit not me.
I stuck it to the peasant today and told him to,fuck off and I have more experience and knowledge than him and there's nothing he can preach to me!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Time for you to quit Centrelink and get a real job!
I'm not on Centrelink dude :grinning:

Sounds like you might be visiting there soon though if you carry that attitude towards superiors at your work.

Your post comes across as if you have a problem with authoritive figures.

"I've been here longer than you, you can't tell me what to do, yadda yadda".

If they are employed as your 2IC/OIC/manager/supervisor, then they ARE above you. Be respectful, listen to them, and just tow the line.

By mouthing off all you will end up doing is copping the 1,2,3 triple tap (3 concurrent warnings straight after each other) and being sacked.. or even worse, stood down and ordered to speak to HR for counselling.

Status
Not open for further replies.