News Supermarket boss’s blunt reply to toilet paper hoarder wanting refund

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A supermarket boss has given one of his customers the bird after it’s claimed the man tried to return almost 5000 rolls of toilet paper and 150 bottles of hand sanitiser which he couldn’t sell online.

Go to 5 min 20 sec

John-Paul Drake, an executive with South Australian supermarket chain Drakes, said he refused to given the man a refund.

In a video uploaded to YouTube, Mr Drake said recent panic buying of toilet paper had been “absolutely ridiculous” with the company selling eight months’ worth in four days at one point.

But one customer’s behaviour was worse than the others.

“I had my first customer yesterday who said he wanted to get a refund on 150 packets of 32-pack toilet paper and 150 units of one-litre sanitiser.” In 150 packs of 32-roll toilet paper there would be 4800 individual rolls.

Mr Drake said the man had come into the store to get his money back after website eBay refused to allow him to sell the items online.

In the video, Mr Drake then showed his middle finger and said that was his reply to the customer’s request.

“I told him that, that is the sort of person who is causing the problem in the whole country.”

John-Paul Drake’s blunt reply to a hoarder who wanted a refund. Picture: YouTube Source: Supplied

In a later LinkedIn post, Mr Drake said the customer hadn’t bought the loo roll and hand sanitiser in one trip, but claimed that he had run a sophisticated operation that saw up to 20 people visit several Drakes stores buying a pack in each one.

https://amp.news.com.au/finance/bus...d/news-story/985cc7022ce371a71b7d86c3031e2ce5

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shouldve been more creative and told him to shove it up his ass...

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what you get blue balls
5000 rolls is a little extreme. I'm about getting what is necessary. 200 rolls is a reasonable inventory. Let's remember we are in a pandemic, there is little or no stock on the shelves of Woolworths or Coles. Under normal supply conditions and no pandemic, you could get away with 30-40 rolls in your inventory.

It's just being a prudent household manager, someone that beats others to the punch

It's those that have under 50 rolls that we should start a thread about, call them out on their lack of planning, make it clear that we are in a viral pandemic and that they are looking at empty toilet roll holders. forced to wipe their bums with their shirt. They often run last in the pack and get beaten to the punch.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
5000 rolls is a little extreme. I'm about getting what is necessary. 200 rolls is a reasonable inventory. Let's remember we are in a pandemic, there is little or no stock on the shelves of Woolworths or Coles. Under normal supply conditions and no pandemic, you could get away with 30-40 rolls in your inventory.

It's just being a prudent household manager, someone that beats others to the punch

It's those that have under 50 rolls that we should start a thread about, call them out on their lack of planning, make it clear that we are in a viral pandemic and that they are looking at empty toilet roll holders. forced to wipe their bums with their shirt. They often run last in the pack and get beaten to the punch.
I'm sure they're doing what people do with nappies... wiping their arse with tissues, then putting them in a plastic bag, then in the bin.

Can we please stop talking about arse wipes and how great you are anymore please?

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haha good on him! Its those exact people that cause the un needed shortage

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we please stop talking about arse wipes and how great you are anymore please?
Read the thread above.. I was called out.. I just replied to quash the silliness

Can we also stop talking about your deficiencies?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Read the thread above.. I was called out.. I just replied to quash the silliness

Can we also stop talking about your deficiencies?
I got shit paper... I’m telling you what those don’t are doing.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Scumbag **** who tried to turn a profit out of this situation should do jail time IMO

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scumbag c*** who tried to turn a profit out of this situation should do jail time IMO
There was a popular gym in western Sydney selling toilet rolls at $1 each. Cheap crap quality too.

I know a member who called him out on it making a profit out of a pandemic. The gym owner tried to say he was selling them at cost just to give his members some toilet rolls and also he gave so many away to charity. What a bullshit bloke..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's getting back to normal with bog roll now at least where I live anyway. They had a full pallet load sitting out a couple of days ago of 20 packs for $10. I grabbed one then saw an old couple in the aisle where it's normally stacked looking at a 4 pack for $8. I told the old lady about the pallet and she was pretty grateful. But it's gotten to the point where I think the worst of the hoarders are at saturation point with it.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had a full pallet load sitting out a couple of days ago of 20 packs for $10. I grabbed one then saw an old couple in the aisle where it's normally stacked looking at a 4 pack for $8. I told the old lady about the pallet and she was pretty grateful..
Could you be the most perfect person alive? How many good deeds do you do per day?

I still love your good deed story when you were backpacking, saw a midget trying to lift a bag on his cart, you went over with your big frame and lifted it up, then you made the homeless man cook you dinner at his expense . :grinning:

I vote you Australian of the year. Can you please stop with helping the elderly and go solve this pandemic and get our borders reopen.? I wanna get back to the gym and off to Vegas for their summer come June.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Could you be the most perfect person alive? How many good deeds do you do per day?

I still love your good deed story when you were backpacking, saw a midget trying to lift a bag on his cart, you went over with your big frame and lifted it up, then you made the homeless man cook you dinner at his expense . :grinning:

I vote you Australian of the year. Can you please stop with helping the elderly and go solve this pandemic and get our borders reopen.? I wanna get back to the gym and off to Vegas for their summer come June.
You're going to Vegas? Who are you going to fly with? Let me guess Qantas right, because only renter fly Jetstar. Fuck it... renters don't even fly, they'll sneak on a cargo ship somewhere.