Official Supercoach & other Comps Discussion 2021

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What is critical for mine when reviewing any team is assessing the amount of risk you are willing to take.

There is low level, medium level and high level. To break it down for you, here is how I see the 3 categories:

Low level - Generally players who are being talked about or hyped up to play FG. Tend to be nuffies, and more often then not, end up getting game time (Players in this space include Niu, Averillo etc)
Medium level - Quite often players joining new clubs and their use by a new coach is unknown, Players who have "hype" that do not always equate into stats. Think Hetherington, AFB, Tino.
High level - Players with consistent injuries (but whose price can trap you into thinking its good value). Moylan.

I think your team is a bit top heavy in this space- you've got Moylan (plethora of soft tissue injuries), Schuster (vying for a spot with Foran and Cust and you would think he is at the bottom of that pecking order), Hetherington (whose minutes will increase, but he isn't a SC or Tolman-like prop.. he is just another Napa-type). Saab and Dylan Walker are "wait and sees", given the plethora of backline options at Manly. Turbo going down probably has this in your favour (for now).

I also think you are too light in your hookers. I'd go with one of them, and then get a gun for the other. Nikora I am expecting to drop off with SJ feeding him for a good portion of the season. You could probably save some money there.

Just some thoughts I had.
Thanks for the input mate! On the contrary, what would your team look like?
Also a lot of the “wait and sees” are subject to change on TLT.
If Moylan stays fit (big if I know) I think he makes good early dough at 5/8. I wouldn’t run him after SJ gets back. And if shuster doesn’t make the cut I’ll drop him and put Moylan at 5/8 and look at bringing in someone like Tex hoy to fullback or isaako.
As for the hookers I know running 2 cheapies is risky, but with Watson named at 13 and Liddle almost guaranteed the 9 at tigers I think they can both average 50 at a reduced price.

Last edited:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the input mate! On the contrary, what would your team look like?
Also a lot of the “wait and sees” are subject to change on TLT.
If Moylan stays fit (big if I know) I think he makes good early dough at 5/8. I wouldn’t run him after SJ gets back. And if shuster doesn’t make the cut I’ll drop him and put Moylan at 5/8 and look at bringing in someone like Tex hoy to fullback or isaako.
As for the hookers I know running 2 cheapies is risky, but with Watson named at 13 and Liddle almost guaranteed the 9 at tigers I think they can both average 50 at a reduced price.
Jake Simpkins is pushing him big time. I think Liddle will more than likely share the hooking duties, with the word coming out of the Tigers. That reduces his minutes and potential earn. Another wait and see. I would consider a Brailey from the Knights tbh.

Moylan is a risk no matter what. The good thing is, your team composition has him as a money earner. But you're right - Hoy/Crossland may come into the fold here if his hammys/calf buckle again

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jake Simpkins is pushing him big time. I think Liddle will more than likely share the hooking duties, with the word coming out of the Tigers. That reduces his minutes and potential earn. Another wait and see. I would consider a Brailey from the Knights tbh.

Moylan is a risk no matter what. The good thing is, your team composition has him as a money earner. But you're right - Hoy/Crossland may come into the fold here if his hammys/calf buckle again
Yeah like I say, a lot will depend on what I see on TLT.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
C'mon one draft spot left.. someone get in there..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any reason why?
I feel Flanno will be handed the keys to the bulldogs attack. I’m hoping he’s formed some good combinations and most of 4 pointers come from his attack. He’ll also get the goal kicking.
I don't play supercoach, just NRL fantasy. And while Flanagan isn't cheap, I'm picking him anyway. Like you said, he'll do 80% of the kicking, most of the playmaking and kicks goals as well. Plus he makes a tonne of tackles and doesn't miss many. So he has a very safe floor and high upside if we start racking up points.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just jump in, you don't even need to be present for the draft.. one of the players wasn't last year... It's probably best if you are though..
Did we ever find out who that was? Haha

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just jump in, you don't even need to be present for the draft.. one of the players wasn't last year... It's probably best if you are though..
When is the draft and what’s the deal with it? Each player has a timeframe to make their pick?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When is the draft and what’s the deal with it? Each player has a timeframe to make their pick?
yep its Sunday 7th of March 8pm, you have 60 seconds make a selection when its you turn ..

its a bit of light hearted fun ..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All good, i don’t need another distraction lol

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't play supercoach, just NRL fantasy. And while Flanagan isn't cheap, I'm picking him anyway. Like you said, he'll do 80% of the kicking, most of the playmaking and kicks goals as well. Plus he makes a tonne of tackles and doesn't miss many. So he has a very safe floor and high upside if we start racking up points.
How come you prefer fantasy?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How come you prefer fantasy?
I've always done NRL fantasy and finished top 1000 a few times. I think my highest was like 320th one year. I hated the scoring in Supercoach and the fact that it's through the Telegraph.

But I hate the fact that you have to pay $20 in NRL fantasy to get the fantasy coach and they've fucked with their scoring and set up a lot the last few years that I'm turned off that as well.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'll be at work when the draft is on so will actually have to do a pre draft list for once... Such a painful task narrowing it down.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So now SC H2H and SC Draft are full. Spots left in the below though.....

NRL Fantasy H2H

Name: The Kennel 2021
Members: 13/16
Starts: Round 1
Join details: Use code: MRUWX922
Other: Private. Byes option not available this year

NEW! Kennel Tipping

https://tips.com.au/nrl/

Its the one you can access from Supercoach website menu > Tipping

Name: The Kennel 2021
Members: 6
Starts: Round 1
Join Details: Use Code: FHHPYLWP

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be at work when the draft is on so will actually have to do a pre draft list for once... Such a painful task narrowing it down.
Is that possible ... Gee sounds time consuming..