Official Supercoach & other comps 2023

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In 2016 I was in the top 5 coming into the last round. Last second I changed my tip from Souths to Bulldogs. Souths won. It cost me the full round & the 20k.

Learn from my mistakes. Don't tip with your heart lol.
Wow thats rough. Haven't been this high in a big comp before. I did however lose a work comp years ago because I tipped the Dragons to beat the Bulldogs in the final round years ago, also cost me a perfect round lol.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wow thats rough. Haven't been this high in a big comp before. I did however lose a work comp years ago because I tipped the Dragons to beat the Bulldogs in the final round years ago, also cost me a perfect round lol.
I've won a couple of tipping comps over the years with mates. That one hurt my for awhile though because I told my mate that the Bulldogs would lose their last 3 games & that I wont tip them. I then went & changed my tip literally in the last hour before the game started because I hated Souths so bad.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
thought about what to do with the bye rounds, and tbh i cbf. You stack the side for round 13, 3 different sides bye the next week, then 2 weeks later the other half of the league byes, then 3 weeks later half the league again. All the while at least 1 team byes each week. Its not worth braining it, or running out of trades before round 20 trying to keep up with having starting players in bye rounds. So i might just take the losses in the bye rounds and fuck overall score. I think i will be better off. If i run out of trades by round 20, probably stuffed anyway. So fuck it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
thought about what to do with the bye rounds, and tbh i cbf. You stack the side for round 13, 3 different sides bye the next week, then 2 weeks later the other half of the league byes, then 3 weeks later half the league again. All the while at least 1 team byes each week. Its not worth braining it, or running out of trades before round 20 trying to keep up with having starting players in bye rounds. So i might just take the losses in the bye rounds and fuck overall score. I think i will be better off. If i run out of trades by round 20, probably stuffed anyway. So fuck it.
Have you used all your boosts?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's why I said H2H on bye rounds is stupid.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Have you used all your boosts?
No, but no way i can stack sides properly for 3 bye rounds, and round 14 has 3 sides bying too, and not run out of trades early. That happens its over whether you won the bye rounds or not.

16 more rounds and 22 trades left. If i burn a bunch of trades playing to win the bye rounds, no way i have any trades left, well before the end. Last year in a few leagues i made the finals but didnt have a full side or any trades, and was knocked out early. Ive mostly burned trades to date due to injuries and suspensions.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im thinking even people who liked the bye rounds on before, wont after this year. Fuck the site title, im never winning it anyway. The way it is now, its just impossible with 3 bye rounds close together, unless they give us a lot more trades.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
With my current team, i have a very bad round 13 team, a good round 16 team and an ok round 19 team

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im thinking even people who liked the bye rounds on before, wont after this year. Fuck the site title, im never winning it anyway. The way it is now, its just impossible with 3 bye rounds close together, unless they give us a lot more trades.
Everyone is dealing with the same issues though. You should've just made it no H2H on bye rounds without asking anyone.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No, but no way i can stack sides properly for 3 bye rounds, and round 14 has 3 sides bying too, and not run out of trades early. That happens its over whether you won the bye rounds or not.

16 more rounds and 22 trades left. If i burn a bunch of trades playing to win the bye rounds, no way i have any trades left, well before the end. Last year in a few leagues i made the finals but didnt have a full side or any trades, and was knocked out early. Ive mostly burned trades to date due to injuries and suspensions.
I think I'm okay for most rounds, 13 is probably the hardest for me. I need to start winning games though because I'm like 4 points outside the 8 right now :(

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ve never played a head to head comp with no bye rounds. The game has already become too easy being spoonfed by the daily telegraph. You don’t need separate teams for bye rounds, it’s all just about planning and practice

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I got to the grand final has no trades left and couldn’t field a full team of 17 due to injuries. It was fucked