Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m knucklehead
Supported the dogs my whole life. Had a previous account from years ago, but since I rarely post I had forgotten my password and had to create another account. Read the forum daily.
Have played SC since it first started
If u remember the old username and want it back pm me. I can reset passwords

Evil

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the starting prices are set? Is there any science behind it?

I have seen a few players starting the season a fair bit higher than what they finished 2021 at and wondered why e.g. Matt Dufty - finished 2021 at 550K and starts this year at 600K. Not much value there - reflected in him being currently the number 38th most popular fullback.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the starting prices are set? Is there any science behind it?

I have seen a few players starting the season a fair bit higher than what they finished 2021 at and wondered why e.g. Matt Dufty - finished 2021 at 550K and starts this year at 600K. Not much value there - reflected in him being currently the number 38th most popular fullback.
Mostly based on their average sc points last year i think. Hence turbo being ridiculously expensive coz he was killing it last year

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
AEB97F87-870A-4694-B805-723DAD3327A1.jpeg8A11EE9B-2ACD-4BED-9D21-0E28413A9D20.jpegAny suggestions? Thinks I struggle to find is bench players, not sold on amone but for his price and to be starting 6 its the best i can do. Also relying on savage, cotter to all be playing their best positions but if not i guess i will get CNK. My reserves will change, if tigers decide to debut tupou or kei for the injuries they have got i will change out for moale. I saw some thing that ezra mam could starting mid way or even round 1 with reynolds as the kids an apparent freak. I rely so much on the cowboys to not fuck this up:disrelieved:

Attachments

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
View attachment 38938View attachment 38939Any suggestions? Thinks I struggle to find is bench players, not sold on amone but for his price and to be starting 6 its the best i can do. Also relying on savage, cotter to all be playing their best positions but if not i guess i will get CNK. My reserves will change, if tigers decide to debut tupou or kei for the injuries they have got i will change out for moale. I saw some thing that ezra mam could starting mid way or even round 1 with reynolds as the kids an apparent freak. I rely so much on the cowboys to not fuck this up:disrelieved:
My thoughts (remember to go with what you think ultimately in the end with all the information you gather)

No Grant. Must have imo (even with missing round 1, too much upside to leave out of your team).

Collins priced @ 51.5
50 minutes = 54.5

JWH, Collins, Taukeiaho, E. Butcher

I don't think Collins will get enough minutes to have enough upside. I also don't think he's a keeper.

Arrow priced @ 44.5
60 minutes = 42.6
70 minutes = 49.7

Arrow's never played 80 minutes on an edge (he has a prop body). Unless he's playing 80 minutes on an edge (56.8) there isn't enough upside there. I don't think he will. At 60-70 minutes he isn't a keeper.

I'd be looking at Haas, Welch and TPJ (better value and scores imo, Cotter also if you want to play him MID) before Collins and Arrow.

I don't think Savage will start at fullback. I think it'll be CNK (I think people highly underestimate what CNK does for the Raiders from fullback). Crichton's a "cash cow" with CTR/WFB dual.

I was massive on Leinu last year (fantasy and IRL) but for whatever reason even when more minutes were available he was never given that role (e.g. through origin period). He averaged ~24 minutes last year which is pretty underwhelming and there's no reason for that to increase imo. He's priced at 25.9 so he'd need ~35 minutes (massive PPM). He only did this once last year.

Moale unlikely to make the 17. He's definitely one for the future but I think you'd be better off with someone who's actually playing, e.g. the Storm will have 1-2 cheap MID's (e.g. Moeroa, King). Mam another one. If Walters gives his son first crack at the 6 he'll be another cheap HLF.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
My thoughts (remember to go with what you think ultimately in the end with all the information you gather)

No Grant. Must have imo (even with missing round 1, too much upside to leave out of your team).

Collins priced @ 51.5
50 minutes = 54.5

I don't think Collins will get enough minutes to have enough upside. I also don't think he's a keeper.

Arrow priced @ 44.5
60 minutes = 42.6
70 minutes = 49.7

Arrow's never played 80 minutes on an edge (he has a prop body). Unless he's playing 80 minutes on an edge (56.8) there isn't enough upside there. I don't think he will. At 60-70 minutes he isn't a keeper.

I'd be looking at Haas, Welch and TPJ (better value and scores imo, Cotter also if you want to play him MID) before Collins and Arrow.

I don't think Savage will start at fullback. I think it'll be CNK (I think people highly underestimate what CNK does for the Raiders from fullback). Crichton's a "cash cow" with CTR/WFB dual.

I was massive on Leinu last year (fantasy and IRL) but for whatever reason even when more minutes were available he was never given that role (e.g. through origin period). He averaged ~24 minutes last year which is pretty underwhelming and there's no reason for that to increase imo. He's priced at 25.9 so he'd need ~35 minutes (massive PPM). He only did this once last year.

Moale unlikely to make the 17. He's definitely one for the future but I think you'd be better off with someone who's actually playing, e.g. the Storm will have 1-2 cheap MID's (e.g. Moeroa, King). Mam another one. If Walters gives his son first crack at the 6 he'll be another cheap HLF.
Also I'll touch on Moses. With the kick metres nerf the ~100k value you would of been looking at is gone and I'm pretty sure he's one of the most affected halves (1 point for every 30 kick metres instead of 20). I think you could use the money more wisely elsewhere since if you go Moses you'll basically end up getting what you pay for.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 38938View attachment 38939Any suggestions? Thinks I struggle to find is bench players, not sold on amone but for his price and to be starting 6 its the best i can do. Also relying on savage, cotter to all be playing their best positions but if not i guess i will get CNK. My reserves will change, if tigers decide to debut tupou or kei for the injuries they have got i will change out for moale. I saw some thing that ezra mam could starting mid way or even round 1 with reynolds as the kids an apparent freak. I rely so much on the cowboys to not fuck this up:disrelieved:
Not bad base to have until TLT. A few podcasts have mentioned that Gilbert has an edge spot and the rest could be JT and Hess. I don't see where the minutes/points come from Cotter and Luki. Avoiding Cowboys for now.

Collins is coming off a big injury and I would get a cheapie to strengthen elsewhere in your squad. (Maybe swap for Grant as you have cash to spare)? I know he isn't playing round 1 but it saves trading him in later.

Savage might not even get starting spot as CNK is the incumbent FB. Swap him for someone DPP to help with depth in your backline (Crichton, Suaali or Berry).

Randall is risky as he didn't get the minutes when Brailey went down a few years back. Newcastle have money freed up from Pearce leaving and may bring in Hodgson on a one year deal.

Mam could be the Sam Walker of last year, cheap option and comes in during the season. He has Gamble, Kelly, Walters to compete with.

Leniu is a PPM freak but only gets 20ish minutes a game, hoping it changes this season.

Moses.. had him for two seasons straight. Can't rely him for consistent big scores.

Again, our teams will change once TLT is out.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dilemma, Turbo is sure to shed some price after round 1. His break even is 145 according to SC plus, meaning if he gets less than that he goes down in value. I don't expect him to get that vs the premiers. But it will take 2 trades to get him back since a replacement FB will be a lot cheaper. Unless i hold the difference after trading him out, for when i get him back. But it would be hard to leave that amount of cash available in my cap this time of year.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Collins priced @ 51.5
50 minutes = 54.5

Arrow priced @ 44.5
60 minutes = 42.6
70 minutes = 49.7

Hearing Knight is injured for the start of the season, Moale is a cheap gamble that would float around bench/reserves all season. I like the shout on storm forwards; with Tui and Nelson out, minutes will be given to King and Moeroa. Crichton is under priced by about 100k and will get that if he hits his centre average. Spilling all the secrets man, going to lose your Kennel H2H crown haha.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t update the Fantasy app if you haven’t already.

The ads take up half the screen now. It’s fucked.

Then if you use the fantasy site through a web browser you can’t select any reserves until you’ve picked your top 13 otherwise a loading circle just sits there on the screen.

Game, app and UI are all terrible

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dilemma, Turbo is sure to shed some price after round 1. His break even is 145 according to SC plus, meaning if he gets less than that he goes down in value. I don't expect him to get that vs the premiers. But it will take 2 trades to get him back since a replacement FB will be a lot cheaper. Unless i hold the difference after trading him out, for when i get him back. But it would be hard to leave that amount of cash available in my cap this time of year.
And Manly then play Roosters away round 2. So It will be hard for Turbo to hold his value. He got 68 vs Panthers last year, one of his worst rounds. Round 3 they have us....

Traded to see what it looks like, managed to get Tedesco and Paps, for the money from Turbo and a 175k rookie i had at fb. And both those players have half the breakeven of Turbo and better draws

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My predicted score just dropped to 1022 without doing any changes. From 1099

Edit: Looks like they updated Douehi to out till mid season, so i lost his score. And need to offload him. Shame, i liked having him last year.
1034 now for me. I traded out Tommy T and harry grant is suspended round 1.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cheers everyone for the responses. Anyone think trindall is a good shout for half. Only 478k and he played great and put up some impressive scores for the sharks last year. I dont believe this moylan bs, he’s washed as and if sharks are going to play him then they are idiots. It also saves me a shit ton of cash.