Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't believe he can't get a spot, seriously. The fuck an i meant to do with my CTW now? Fuck.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/23/taane-milne-content-to-bide-time-at-wests-tigers/

Wests Tigers recruit Taane Milne has joined the club after an explosive World Cup campaign with Fiji but realises with a stack of other outside backs performing strongly in the pre-season he may have to bide his time for an NRL start.

Milne's seven try assists in five games for Fiji was the equal most of any player in the men's World Cup alongside Gareth Widdop, while his tally of 15 offloads was bettered only by Kiwis forward Martin Taupau.

But that breakout tournament is no guarantee of propelling him into a starting spot in round one of the Telstra Premiership, especially given the hugely impressive pre-season of talented 2017 debutant Esan Marsters.

Marsters has been named ahead of Milne to partner Kevin Naiqama in the centres for the club's final trial with Milne named in the reserves list and hoping for a chance to impress coach Ivan Cleary against the Cronulla Sharks.

"[This weekend] is pretty massive, I'm just grateful to get an opportunity," Milne told NRL.com.

"I played on the weekend just gone against North Queensland, I think the boys went well. There's stuff I need to work on, hopefully this weekend I can improve and make everyone happy.

"Just little areas, effort off the ball, kick chase, stuff like that but hopefully I can clean that up. There's always stuff to work on. Hopefully I can improve on that and show him (Cleary) that I've improved. Little one-percenters is the main thing."

The World Cup certainly did plenty for Milne's confidence though.

"It was my second time in camp with Fiji and the best experience I've had so far in my footy career," Milne said.

"It was pretty special, the passion and desire from everyone. You see it from Kevvie (Fiji captain Kev Naiqama), every time we were out there, he's so passionate. When you're happy playing footy you play your best footy and I think that played a lot into my game."

Milne's move from the St George Illawarra Dragons was driven in part by opportunity and in part by a desire to be closer to home.

"I just made a decision, myself and my parents, we thought it was a better opportunity to come over to the Tigers. I only live not too far away as well so that was a plus so I'm hoping to get some consistent footy this year," he said.

"I grew up in Brighton Le Sands, it was an hour to Wollongong, I'm all settled in now and got a good routine going and the boys are training well.

"There's a lot of competition during the training sessions. It's good for the club because there's a lot of depth."

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/23/taane-milne-content-to-bide-time-at-wests-tigers/

Wests Tigers recruit Taane Milne has joined the club after an explosive World Cup campaign with Fiji but realises with a stack of other outside backs performing strongly in the pre-season he may have to bide his time for an NRL start.

Milne's seven try assists in five games for Fiji was the equal most of any player in the men's World Cup alongside Gareth Widdop, while his tally of 15 offloads was bettered only by Kiwis forward Martin Taupau.

But that breakout tournament is no guarantee of propelling him into a starting spot in round one of the Telstra Premiership, especially given the hugely impressive pre-season of talented 2017 debutant Esan Marsters.

Marsters has been named ahead of Milne to partner Kevin Naiqama in the centres for the club's final trial with Milne named in the reserves list and hoping for a chance to impress coach Ivan Cleary against the Cronulla Sharks.

"[This weekend] is pretty massive, I'm just grateful to get an opportunity," Milne told NRL.com.

"I played on the weekend just gone against North Queensland, I think the boys went well. There's stuff I need to work on, hopefully this weekend I can improve and make everyone happy.

"Just little areas, effort off the ball, kick chase, stuff like that but hopefully I can clean that up. There's always stuff to work on. Hopefully I can improve on that and show him (Cleary) that I've improved. Little one-percenters is the main thing."

The World Cup certainly did plenty for Milne's confidence though.

"It was my second time in camp with Fiji and the best experience I've had so far in my footy career," Milne said.

"It was pretty special, the passion and desire from everyone. You see it from Kevvie (Fiji captain Kev Naiqama), every time we were out there, he's so passionate. When you're happy playing footy you play your best footy and I think that played a lot into my game."

Milne's move from the St George Illawarra Dragons was driven in part by opportunity and in part by a desire to be closer to home.

"I just made a decision, myself and my parents, we thought it was a better opportunity to come over to the Tigers. I only live not too far away as well so that was a plus so I'm hoping to get some consistent footy this year," he said.

"I grew up in Brighton Le Sands, it was an hour to Wollongong, I'm all settled in now and got a good routine going and the boys are training well.

"There's a lot of competition during the training sessions. It's good for the club because there's a lot of depth."
But Naiqama at centre over him...really?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Already.

I forgot how much stress sc causes.
But reading your posts brings that anxiety back straight away.

Here we go again.
Yh i get worked up over this so much haha.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He played a handful of games. Nothing on what Naiqama has done. Also Marsters has apparently been brilliant in preseason.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Yeah he either got injured or replaced when someone came back.
Then became a benchy and then gone from FG til the world cup lol

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my ctw position is extremely hit or miss could be 100 1 round then 10 the next.

croker
leilua
ferguson
mansour

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
my ctw position is extremely hit or miss could be 100 1 round then 10 the next.

croker
leilua
ferguson
mansour
Yeh I went Croker, Mansour, French, Mitchell.

Was tossing up Holmes

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
CTW is the hardest to get right. Most likely the 200-300k players will kill it for 3 rounds and I will want to get them before they go to shit lol
The top dollar CTW's are a flip of a coin

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Umm...JT isn't kicking goals this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.