Official Supercoach, Fantasy & Tipping Discussion 2020

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
One idea i just had is the overall winner could be the person who wins the GF in the league that scored the most overall points for the season (so the winner of the hardest league)?

If i did that this is the current league score totals:

The Kennel 2020 #2 347,435
The dog house 362,939
The kennel 405,221
The kennel 2020 386,919

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeh. No other way to do it that ive thought of yet, with 4 leagues and there are a number of ppl registered in more than 1. That's why i added the highest points thing, because that means it wouldnt matter if you were in all 4 or 1, if you win a GF and score the most points, you are the overall champ. I see what you mean though, and may rework it for next year. Maybe only allow 1 entry per member for example. And with myself being in all 4 to monitor them, i might have to exclude myself from the overall title for all but 1 league or something.

I will also give a title this year for the GF winners who don't win the overall title.

First year we had so many leagues, so fun how to work that one out. Im open to ideas how to pick the overall champ from 4 leagues so 4 GF winners, as i dont want 4 overall champs. Or do we just not have an overall title, and just titles for GF winners x 4
I don't think there should be an overall champ. I only entered 1 league so others can have a league to join.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another idea is that you only qualify for the overall title in the league you joined first / that was created first if you are in multiple leagues. The leagues are in creation order in post 1 this thread
That idea I like.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
That idea I like.
Thought of weakness with it though. What if nobody wins the first league they joined. And what if the winners of all 4 leagues arent in any other league? So can still get 4 winners that qualify

Might have to go with your idea of just titles for GF winners. Anyway if anyone has an idea how to find 1 overall winner from the 4 GF winners we will have this year, that is fair, im all ears.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Though of weakness with it though. What if nobody wins the first league they joined. Hmmm. Its not an easy one. Even if there were no duplicates in any of the leagues, there could still be 4 winners, so back to square one.

Might have to go with your idea of just titles for GF winners. Anyway if anyone has an idea how to find 1 overall winner from the 4 GF winners we will have this year, that is fair, im all ears.
Somebody has to win the league I'm in. That was the first league created so everyone in that league would be in contention.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Somebody has to win the league I'm in. That was the first league created so everyone in that league would be in contention.
Yeh have to brain it some more, so that it works in all eventualities and is fair. The last idea would disadvantage ppl not in the first created league, who are not in any other league, and it doesnt stop the possibility of having 4 qualifying winners from the 4 leagues. The original most points scored idea was based on the same idea as tipping comps where if there is a tie the winner is the one with the best margin.

As i said, may just end up with titles for each league. So the title for each league is a lock, whats unsure is if there is a fair way to give an overall title from 4 leagues.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh have to brain it some more, so that it works in all eventualities and is fair. The last idea would disadvantage ppl not in the first created league, who are not in any other league, and it doesnt stop the possibility of having 4 qualifying winners from the 4 leagues. The original most points scored idea was based on the same idea as tipping comps where if there is a tie the winner is the one with the best margin.

As i said, may just end up with titles for each league. So the title for each league is a lock, whats unsure is if there is a fair way to give an overall title from 4 leagues.
I'll win every league so it doesn't matter tbh.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Just leave it 4 league winners and next year we can do something different.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What if the person who gets the highest score on GF day out of the 4 leagues gets the overall title? And still have league level titles? If somehow you made 2 or more GFs, you can still only have 1 score on GF week. So this way you could win multiple GFs and still lose the overall title to someone who was only in 1 league, but had a higher score on GF week. In the unlikely event 2 players won and had the same scores on GF day, then we can use who got the most points all year as a tie break.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I like my last idea coz it's like you would be playing the grand finalists from all 4 leagues for the overall title on gf day

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What if the person who gets the highest score on GF day out of the 4 leagues gets the overall title? And still have league level titles? If somehow you made 2 or more GFs, you can still only have 1 score on GF week. So this way you could win multiple GFs and still lose the overall title to someone who was only in 1 league, but had a higher score on GF week. In the unlikely event 2 players won and had the same scores on GF day, then we can use who got the most points all year as a tie break.
Nah, I don't think it's fair to make up a rule change now. Nothing wrong with having 4 leeague winners.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nah, I don't think it's fair to make up a rule change now. Nothing wrong with having 4 league winners.
Will still have league winner titles. But i also want to have a site champion title as well, but you cant fit everyone into 1 league. So had to think of a way where it doesn't matter how many leagues you are in, you dont have an unfair advantage, or more chance to win the overall title.

The highest score on GF day seems a fair way to decide that kind of title. The highest scorer on GF day beats every grand finalist for the title on the day. And it wont matter how many leagues you are in, as you will still only have 1 score on GF day.

Will be easier to manage for next year too, not having to worry about managing if ppl join multiple kennel leagues

So now you have to beat all 8 grand finalists this year to win the overall title. Where as the original points for the year rule caused issues like you pointed out, where you could knock someone out in your league this week, and still lose the title to them later.

To win the site champion title now, you have to be the best of all the leagues, when i counts, on GF day. In the case of a tie, points scored for the year will then be used to tie break.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Will still have league winner titles. But i also want to have a site champion title as well, but you cant fit everyone into 1 league. So had to think of a way where it doesn't matter how many leagues you are in, you dont have an unfair advantage, or more chance to win the overall title.

The highest score on GF day seems a fair way to decide that kind of title. The highest scorer on GF day beats every grand finalist for the title on the day. And it wont matter how many leagues you are in, as you will still only have 1 score on GF day.

Will be easier to manage for next year too, not having to worry about managing if ppl join multiple kennel leagues

So now you have to beat all 8 grand finalists this year to win the overall title. Where as the original points for the year rule caused issues like you pointed out, where you could knock someone out in your league this week, and still lose the title to them later.

To win the site champion title now, you have to be the best of all the leagues, when i counts, on GF day. In the case of a tie, points scored for the year will then be used to tie break.
It really isn't the fairest way because someone could get a high score that 1 week but probably wouldn't have even made the final 4 if they were in another league the whole time

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If i dont do the H2H overall title, then i guess could just have the league winner titles, and a SC Champion title (without the H2H) for the person who ends up scoring the most points by the end of the season in the Kennel SC leagues.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What I know for sure is I won't be winning any kennel titles this year, and was in all the kennel leagues. :(

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What do the league winners get anyway?