Super Ref

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I have stated this before.
NRL is not rigged.
FACT- Bookie's do not care who wins, I have worked as a bookie and bet large amounts every week.
They take bets and balance the books, that's why prices go in and out.

To put it simply-
An even match, both teams will be paying $1.90 the bookie takes $100 @ $1.90 for one team and another $100@$1.90 for the other.
No matter the result the bookie pays out $90 making a 10% profit no matter what the outcome.
The margin would probably be closer to 5-8% profit every bet.

i don't believe this but the only way it is rigged is that NRL say we hate Canterbury make sure they lose and give them bad penalties.
We would then have to give up and not try when bad calls go against us. Very far fetched.
Bookies have zero input in results. To be honest I'm more inclined to think that it is rigged in our favour if anything going off the massive score line that wasn't yesterday. We are far inferior on paper.
If that’s the case than why are players not allowed to bet on the game?
Refs and players can have a big influence on the results.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Ref called it a try without the help of the bunker.
If that was the dogs they would review it 10x and say not try.
Ps player must behind the kicker until ball touches boot not leaving the hand.
This is how I see the bias difference playing out for the Dogs vs anyone else.

1. Dogs kick and score. Ref rules no try due to belief it is offside, Asks bunker to check it. Bunker can see that technically it is not off side, but not enough to over rule the on field decision, allows the ref to get his way. NO TRY FOR DOGS>

2. Opposition kick and score. Ref rules a try. Everyone move on. But worst case scenario, he checks with the bunker if he is half decent. Bunker may see that it looks as though he is offside, but not enough to over rule the on-field decision. TRY AGAINST DOGS AWARDED.

And this is the bullshit I see happening over and over.

I just looked back on the Reimus Smith interference penalty that even Braith Anast was angry about for being the wrong call. The Souths player was running into Reimis to stop him giving chase and they ended up being shoulder to shoulder. If you were going to blow a penalty, it should have been against the Souths player trying to impede Reimis.

So the difference would have been, we are on halfway with a penalty - attacking their zone instead of them attacking ours. Big difference a stupid decision can make!

Last edited:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
If you want to win at betting, you need to look at which teams perform worse with certain refs and factor that in. You will make money!
It is not rigged by TAB, because as has been said, they make money no matter who wins. It is a formula for them.

But the subtle 50/50 decisions compound into a 5 football length yardage advantage for the favoured team. You give any team a 500m headstart over an 80 min game and you have yourself the power to tip the odds!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to win at betting, you need to look at which teams perform worse with certain refs and factor that in. You will make money!
It is not rigged by TAB, because as has been said, they make money no matter who wins. It is a formula for them.

But the subtle 50/50 decisions compound into a 5 football length yardage advantage for the favoured team. You give any team a 500m headstart over an 80 min game and you have yourself the power to tip the odds!
Then bet against the dogs every week. Over the year, you’ll be way ahead.

And if you lose, the dogs won. Which is good also.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Then bet against the dogs every week. Over the year, you’ll be way ahead.

And if you lose, the dogs won. Which is good also.
yes, but TAB will make the odds so you lose over the long run, even if the Dogs lose every time. The odds become so bad, you make f-all money and then when they win, you lose all your money! LOL

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

So TAB is not rigged but NRL is .
The CEO can keep the game alive with money but to make money they use there sponsors and put in bets on how each game will be played.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The worst call of the game for me, was when a south player knocked the ball forwards with his hand in a Bulldogs play the ball, yet we didn't get a penalty.
The next worse was when reimis tackled old mate into touch and was penalised for interference.
Third was when okunbor knocked on from the scrum and they were offside. Of course, no penalty.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was pretty obvious we were not going to get a fair crack at winning that game it was also just as obvious they didn't want to pay out on Souffs 13+
I think you're spot on... the game was so fucked up this makes the most sense

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was behind anyway. Balls left the hand and he's already behind kicker.

But the Holland and Smith calls were bullshit.
Although Johnson was onside, it's the fact that the ref called the try right away when just a few minutes earlier he sent Ogdens try up for review for an obstruction when there wasn't a souths player anywhere near him...

They'll look at Dogs tries until they find something wrong... this has been happening for years

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon man, this is painfully obvious.
A player betting on a Rugby League could easily be seen as corruption. It would be the equivalent to inside trading.
the NRL is so inbred.They were even saying last night that Lewis and Cook took each other's garbage out. Wouldn't be fair to the rest of the public for League players to bet on League matches.

Doesn't even make sense if you knew how book making works.

The only thing that could be remotely rigged in league is referee's reffing/keeping teams back into games so it's not such a boring watch for the NRL but even that is unlikely, but far more plausible.

I don't wanna sound rude but to think bookies rig rugby league is plain wrong.
If that was the case and you've figured it out just bet on the favourite team each week and you could literally be close to a billionaire in a year starting with 100k
For example Rosters were $2.30 last night on Bet Fair and Souths were $1.40. Easy money.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although Johnson was onside, it's the fact that the ref called the try right away when just a few minutes earlier he sent Ogdens try up for review for an obstruction when there wasn't a souths player anywhere near him...

They'll look at Dogs tries until they find something wrong... this has been happening for years
I found it strange they didn't check the Johnson try, only because they pretty much check EVERYTHING.
I've watched EVERY game for years. They are constantly going upstairs, all teams for the most obvious tries.
Touch judge must of just said he was definitely on side, I can live with it, especially since it was the right call!

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland's try was not a try.
Worse call was the Smith penalty but we got a few calls in our favour too.
Were never going to win 8 behind with Lichaa on the field, even if there was NO referee

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score

What about when CHN goes into a gap and scores, but the ref doesn't play the advantage, he gives us a penalty instead??? That was truly fucked up. 2 tries denied for bullshit reffing reasons!

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found it strange they didn't check the Johnson try, only because they pretty much check EVERYTHING.
I've watched EVERY game for years. They are constantly going upstairs, all teams for the most obvious tries.
Touch judge must of just said he was definitely on side, I can live with it, especially since it was the right call!
I know i believe it was a legal try but its the non video ref call that has me left scratching my head.... so consistently inconsistent.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about when CHN goes into a gap and scores, but the ref doesn't play the advantage, he gives us a penalty instead??? That was truly fucked up. 2 tries denied for bullshit reffing reasons!
So over it. We have a terrible team and yet the refs are still helping the opposition

Its been this way since the Bad Friday game.... are they all in cahoots against us since then? The refs have it in for us bad... I mean Gerard sutton dislocated his shoulder from a projectile thrown from the crowd that game...

We've been at war with the refs ever since

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup!! And don’t forget the rorters, they did it a lot last night after tackle was made, crawling forward an extra few metres.. and being allowed to get away with it!!
That first try the Rorters scored, the last pass was was a mile forward & I don't really care because it was against Melbourne, But can you Imagine if we did it Booth Linesmen would have their flags up, The Ref would have ruled no try before the ball hit the ground, The video ref would have Ruled no try even if it wasn't Forward & the other team would have probably been awarded a Penalty Try, Actually I am surprised That Dick head ref didn't award a Penalty try after the Try saving tackle from Smith yesterday, Cummings or Sutton would have.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t underestimate the impact of a dodgy touch judge!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Win on GI's retirement week? Dreamin.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t underestimate the impact of a dodgy touch judge!!!
U should have seen the joker holding the flag at the dogs reserves game this arvo. Even the guy watching the game in one those units outside the stadium saw the forward pass but the touchy 2m away didn't. Absolutely shocking.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's the problem with being a team low down on the table. The refs have a preconceived idea on who should win and when it's a chance of not happening they think something is wrong and ref accordingly to get the result they think should happen.
Parra copped a shocker of a time during their time with the spoon. It looks like we are the new NO 50/50 calls team.