Super Bowl 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Riddle me this, I've been following NFL for a few years now and I'm still trying to get around the rules. So, a couple of questions if anyone can answer:

* The 2 point conversion to get to 28 all, the **** was held up, he didn't get over the line. How is that awarded? Because there was a defensive penalty?

Second question isn't really a question, you would think that Atlanta would have had a chance with the ball as well in overtime.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Riddle me this, I've been following NFL for a few years now and I'm still trying to get around the rules. So, a couple of questions if anyone can answer:

* The 2 point conversion to get to 28 all, the **** was held up, he didn't get over the line. How is that awarded? Because there was a defensive penalty?

Second question isn't really a question, you would think that Atlanta would have had a chance with the ball as well in overtime.
He got over.

Thats what I would have thought. I said it at the time (Im a nooob to NFL), but its basically won on a coin toss. Brady still has to do the business but the other team doesnt even get a chance with the ball. Seems stupid to me.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score

1) As long as the ball goes over the line it doesn't matter if you get pushed back.

2) In OT if the team receiving scores a TD it's automatically over. If they score a field goal then the kicking team has a chance to respond.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Over time ruling is bullcrap and that defensive linebacker would be the most hated man in Atlanta right now

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

the rule is in overtime the game ends whenever a team scores a touchdown, but if the team who gets the ball first kicks a fg, the other team gets a chance to tie/win

Status
Not open for further replies.