Sunday's AGM/Board voting - ELI5 (Explain It Like I'm 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0ggiez81

Waterboy
Reaction score
Can someone ELI5 the role of the Bulldogs Football Club Board of Directors, and how the final results of the voting for the Board, at Sunday's AGM can/would effect our team, i.e what would the two different feuding factions offer to the members, that might affect which way members vote.
Apologies if that made no sense, with the extreme lack of sleep, being pepped up on caffeine and grog in my system that makes total sense to me. Hopefully it still does tomorrow... :noidea: :sorry: :ohwell:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone ELI5 the role of the Bulldogs Football Club Board of Directors, and how the final results of the voting for the Board, at Sunday's AGM can/would effect our team, i.e what would the two different feuding factions offer to the members, that might affect which way members vote.
Apologies if that made no sense, with the extreme lack of sleep, being pepped up on caffeine and grog in my system that makes total sense to me. Hopefully it still does tomorrow... :noidea: :sorry: :ohwell:
I found your answer thank me later :thumb:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Bulldogs+Football+Club+Board+of+Directors

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
After two 18YO Islay single malt whiskies I'm not sure myself . What does EL15 mean?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a difficult one. I have great respect for Ray Dib, and for Paul Dunn. Dib represents the current administration. If you're happy with how we are going, then you can support the status quo. Paul Dunn may also be aligned with the Hughes family - which is no bad thing. Either way, I don't think that the team loses.

It comes down to: do you stay on course, or go for change.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a difficult one. I have great respect for Ray Dib, and for Paul Dunn. Dib represents the current administration. If you're happy with how we are going, then you can support the status quo. Paul Dunn may also be aligned with the Hughes family - which is no bad thing. Either way, I don't think that the team loses.

It comes down to: do you stay on course, or go for change.
I thought all the Hughes handed in they're life memberships and have nothing to do with the club anymore.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on board room challenges? I think if you challenge and fail you should have to resign from the board.
Harsh however it stops any unsettlement in the board and unless there is something actually wrong than no one would challenge.
Anyway just my 2 cents

N

Natboy

It would scare great potential candidates from applying and you would have to wait for someone to die to step up. It's all very political & a popularity contest.
Think back to school. Were all the prefects the best candidates? No way but most were popular regardless of how dumb they were.
I have family on club boards and will be on the board myself one day but the stories I hear really turn me off

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Well Dunne falsely claimed that Steve Mortimer was on his rival ticket in order to get some support. Mortimer has come out since and said if Dib loses he'll quit the board.

If what someone said about dunne being aligned with the Hughes' I'd be very reluctant to support them. They all seem to have an axe to grind with the club. The egos would take over in no time

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It would scare great potential candidates from applying and you would have to wait for someone to die to step up. It's all very political & a popularity contest.
Think back to school. Were all the prefects the best candidates? No way but most were popular regardless of how dumb they were.
I have family on club boards and will be on the board myself one day but the stories I hear really turn me off
I understand where you are coming from. However why make a change if there is no need. If there was a need then go for it and you would win. What I am trying to say is if you had to resign if you lost your bid than it would stop a lot of infighting. Not that that's necessarily going on

N

Natboy

I don't know enough about our board to comment but there has been a bit of talk about our trouble in retaining & attacting talent

Status
Not open for further replies.