Suli signs with Sea Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sea Eagles should tell him training is on Sunday if they want him to show up on Monday .

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he couldn’t get to belmore on time from Fairfield what chances are him getting to the northern beaches for 7am training :p

Unless he moves the family over the spit. Doubt he could focus living away from home, he needs as much support as he can get at the moment. But good luck to him. Needs to put in the work to get back in shape. Coming back 20kg overweight is a discipline and attitude thing, so hopefully he can find his way otherwise he needs a year off to re-evaluate.
Fuck good luck to him!! No chance he will get to brookie on time, and if he does its a big fuck you to the bulldogs who put a lot of time and effort into him.
Hope he never plays NRL again!!!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best move he can ever make!! Give the sea eagles 8 weeks, they’ll sack Barrett, sign up Hasler, and just like sherex, Suli will be on the wing for the rest of his career, with a bumper contract once the first one runs out!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really couldn't care less he's manlys problem now
Well done manly the only way this gets better for us is if you ***** give Des another contract as well lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Question: do we have to pay any of his new wages at Manly?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasn't he signed a contract to play in their U20s team.
Personally I think it is good if a club is prepared to work with him.
Obviously we couldn't but maybe Manly can get him motivated?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What kind of life lessons is his management teaching him? You can be lazy and don’t worry some club will always pick you up

Money ain’t a thing

Fk work ethic and good honest traits

Player agents scum of the earth
I totally was thinking the same thing,a good manager should help players like this and not only be worried about getting his cut

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Over at Silvertails they've fallen for the sob story hook line and sinker.

Almost carbon copy comments of when we signed him "change of scenery", "will be awesome for us", "heaps of talent", yadda yadda...and yet most don't even seem to know why he was released, and reckon maybe Pay didn't give him a chance.

He had more than just a few chances to pull his finger out and instead couldn't be bothered to put in. Rugby League is a team sport... if you don't want to be part of a team, go find another career.

I give it 3 months tops.

Question: do we have to pay any of his new wages at Manly?
Contract was terminated on mutual grounds. $0 payout..

Infact if anything we should ask for the money we paid him back because he clearly wasn't working for his wage.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a set up being at the Bulldogs...he never wanted to be here and the manager was angling to get him out of the Tigers-Bulldogs deal.
He was never going to stay at Canterbury.
Dont believe all you read in the rags.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It was a set up being at the Bulldogs...he never wanted to be here and the manager was angling to get him out of the Tigers-Bulldogs deal.
He was never going to stay at Canterbury.
Dont believe all you read in the rags.
???? Care to explain what purpose this would have had?

You think he always wanted to go play at Sea Eagles with his mates and just took us up a temporary measure incase the Sea Eagles gig fell through?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
???? Care to explain what purpose this would have had?

You think he always wanted to go play at Sea Eagles with his mates and just took us up a temporary measure incase the Sea Eagles gig fell through?
No i think his ‘release’ to us was under certain conditions and we signed him for very little, he is not interested in hard work for 3 years and his manager was busily working out the deal with Manly for some time, guaranteed.

His deal at Manly is now on different terms and conditions and his pay packet is far bigger than what we got him for.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Call me old fashioned but when I started work and signed a contract to do a certain job, certain hours, starting at an agreed time for a specific wage I honoured that deal then as I do now with my current employment.

Attitude and dedication to one"s chosen career was never a case of "oh well I don't really think I want to do what I was contracted to do now because it is too hard for me so I will just get out of it by A) not performing tasks as directed B) pick and chose what I do want to do and when I do it.

Fans of the game are becoming more and more alienated by the ways in which players and their managers ( and yes lets also say clubs as well) conduct themselves when it comes to negotiating and then honouring said deals.

It really stinks though when someone is given a chance on good money and agrees to toe the line and man up to responsibilities but a month later does not like the fact that he has to train hard and live away from home because he is late to training and does not want to be a team player.

Three days, yes three days, after leaving the Dogs with the by line of needing a break away from the game he has signed a deal to play with Manly. Yep, only a Flegg contract and one of less money to be sure but still it does not sit well with me that he has basically done this to two clubs now in the space of a few months.

Contracts might just as well be written on toilet paper because of the frequency with which they are flushed down the s bend.....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be funny when his manly team mates turn up to pick him up for training but they find hes not home from a bender ,he thinks cause he killed it in flegg and under 20s hes a star ,he will fail bigtime with such a peaheart he has

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Playing for Blacktown Workers (Sea Eagles feeder team) on Foxtel now..

Down against the Warriors.

Looks fit but his defence is terrible.. looks completely lost in the centres. One of those "flail the arms around but fall off tackles" players.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Playing for Blacktown Workers (Sea Eagles feeder team) on Foxtel now..

Down against the Warriors.

Looks fit but his defence is terrible.. looks completely lost in the centres. One of those "flail the arms around but fall off tackles" players.
Will get found out in 1st grade big time another one of these young heroes that think because they carve up in juniors they are a certainty to make it

Status
Not open for further replies.