Sudden explosion of Chinese and Korean car market

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
This person is a multi millionaire and does have a Maserati for fun. I guess if money is no object, what do you buy as a family car? A Maybach?
I see your point, if money is no problem.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They are ugly as fuck. If you're gonna get a Lamborghini, get a real one.
I'm with you bro.

Even the V10 lambos are fake Lambos. Huracans and Gallardos can get fkd too lol insult to Lamborghini.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My favourite car when I was younger was the Toyota Cressida. Beautiful interior, had some nice grunt to it, drove great. When they ended the Cressia line they took the luxury interiors and put them in the Lexus. Then they took the engine and put them in the Camry. That's why early Camry's were so good.
I remember my dad bought one of the last Cressida Grande brand new I think in 91.
If memory serves me correctly
It was about 50k back then
That was a lot back then.
That car was so luxurious at the time.
And it drove amazing.

Dad knew quality.
He had prado grande and land cruiser grande since.
Last one being 2012 land cruiser grande.
He always said the cressida was the best car he ever owned.

Poor bloke has dementia now.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My favourite car when I was younger was the Toyota Cressida. Beautiful interior, had some nice grunt to it, drove great. When they ended the Cressia line they took the luxury interiors and put them in the Lexus. Then they took the engine and put them in the Camry. That's why early Camry's were so good.
I don't recall the cressida engine ever going in a camry
They did use them in the Toyota supra.
Was an inline 6 cylinder.

Camry was 4 cylinder or v6.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember my dad bought one of the last Cressida Grande brand new I think in 91.
And it drove amazing.

Dad knew quality.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I had the same Cressida and it was brilliant.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And it drove amazing.

Dad knew quality.

God bless him bro.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dad. I had the same Cressida and it was brilliant.
They sure were.
Rear wheel drive.
I know a lot of petrol heads love the cressida motors and salvage them, rebuild them and put them in old rear wheel drive 70s model Celicas

One of my mates have one and the thing flys

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't recall the cressida engine ever going in a camry
They did use them in the Toyota supra.
Was an inline 6 cylinder.

Camry was 4 cylinder or v6.
Some non-Grande Cressida's used a twin cam that I believe (from memory) was adapted into the Camry.

I had that model for a few years. It did about 30L per 100km. The complete opposite of fuel efficiency.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS the missus has a current model Mazda3 GT.... fkn brilliant car and loaded with everything, and I really mean everything.

Puts the majority of euro trash on show. Plus it looks aggressive AF with its grille and fatness.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Some non-Grande Cressida's used a twin cam that I believe (from memory) was adapted into the Camry.

I had that model for a few years. It did about 30L per 100km. The complete opposite of fuel efficiency.
FMD, my V8 gets 23L per 100km on a good day lol (no exaggeration)

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This person is a multi millionaire and does have a Maserati for fun. I guess if money is no object, what do you buy as a family car? A Maybach?
If money was no object... a Chevy Nova!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
PS the missus has a current model Mazda3 GT.... fkn brilliant car and loaded with everything, and I really mean everything.

Puts the majority of euro trash on show. Plus it looks aggressive AF with its grille and fatness.
Mazdas are excellent we had a 2015 CX3 and now have a 2018 CX9 as the the family car. I made the sacrifice for the greater good of the family and run around in a 1997 Mazda 121 that cannot die lol.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a hyandai Excel great fucking cartreated it like shit.
Lasted 10 years. Drove around without 2nd gear for last 2 or so years . Then me dad forgot to put the water cap on and siezed the motor.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mazdas are excellent we had a 2015 CX3 and now have a 2018 CX9 as the the family car. I made the sacrifice for the greater good of the family and run around in a 1997 Mazda 121 that cannot die lol.
I'm driving a modified Mazda 3 SP23 and it's a brilliant car. Cheap to run, nice to drive and had no issues mechanically. Always been serviced and looked after. Still has low k's on it for it's age. It also looks schmick i do like the body shape of it. Mazda's do well.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t put Hyundai and kia in with the Chinese cars. Hyundai and Kia actually make reliable cars, plenty of surveys put them right up there with Toyota.

The Chinese cars are in another level. Really cheap in every way.. go drive a new MG3, all the materials inside are a very thin plastic that wobbles everywhere, the tech looks like it’s 10 years old already and the engines have absolutely no punch.. I did a 0-100 run in the new mg3 and I ran out of road with it not getting to 100.. it’s was sloooooooow. It’s basically a Hyundai or kia from year 2000

hyundai and kia are the biggest improvers, exponential improvements particularly last 5 years.. but MG are putting the cheapest nastiest cars together, basically the level of Kia and hyundai from year 1995-2000

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can’t lump China and Korea together.
korean cars are as good as jap cars nowadays. Probably even better finished, but as good mechanically. This is all backed up by annual warranty repair reports.
Chinese cars have a way to go. They’re still shit.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Our family car has always been a Mazda. The missus swears by them. Got the CX-8 currently. Touch wood they have never given us any issues, and if there are issues they don't cost too much to fix.