Sualii might not be a pipe dream

Bondi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Read on Foxsports that Sualii might be forced out of the roosters due to the cap - surely we throw the absolute kitchen sink at the kid!

it’s the kind of signing that would make me be ok with not signing a marquee half in the immediate future.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Union or Parra imo
"Rugby Australia’s reported $10 million chase of rising NRL superstar Joseph Suaalii"

"Sydney Roosters teenager Suaalii is being sized up for a return to rugby with reports he could be offered a mega five-year deal with $2 million a season."

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do the Aussie Rugby union come up with the money to get these guys? They are absolutely useless and so are the super rugby teams where do they get the money from? Lol

They must be throwing huge money because if he goes he better get used to getting no ball and absolutely pummelled because Aussie rugby blows.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the roosters want him he'll remain there. Money is no deterrent. They'll find a way to get it to him outside the cap. I honestly haven't watched him play. Just not interested in anyone that isn't playing vs us and last season I could barely stand to watch out games. The 6 again rule really killed off the spirit of the game IMO. Just too easy to manipulate games and we couldn't buy a decision off the refs.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the roosters want him he'll remain there. Money is no deterrent. They'll find a way to get it to him outside the cap. I honestly haven't watched him play. Just not interested in anyone that isn't playing vs us and last season I could barely stand to watch out games. The 6 again rule really killed off the spirit of the game IMO. Just too easy to manipulate games and we couldn't buy a decision off the refs.
Yeap. I felt the same way watching our matches last season. It just felt like we weren't meant to win it. The refs just gave the opposition all the calls and just gave us some calls just to 'even it out' by the time the damage was truly done.

Buying players and cleaning out a club can only get a team so far, but in this day and age, you have to ensure that the ref is on your side just to win a match.

For instance, Todd Payton called the refs out, and they started winning and getting all the calls. Meanwhile, we just sat down and copped the bad decisions, and you can see it through the body language of our players who have to put up with the rort every week.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If uncle Nick, wants him, he will keep him, it won’t be long before we hear how much Sualii, loves the roosters and will be taking a pay cut to remain there, 5 year deal at $500k…. We’ve heard it all before, we know how the story goes!

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be a great player for us but I doubt he would come.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't like the kid,
Somthing about him irritates me.
I not sure what it is.
I guess if he was scoring try's at will and dominating every game and we got him cheap I'd be ok with him playing for us.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Rugby Australia’s reported $10 million chase of rising NRL superstar Joseph Suaalii"

"Sydney Roosters teenager Suaalii is being sized up for a return to rugby with reports he could be offered a mega five-year deal with $2 million a season."

Couldnt say no to that! Even if he would be bored as shit and play with 200 fans in a stadium.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When your losing, the results of other matches dont matter. But when we win more then 50% of our games this year, im guessing my interest in other matches will increase as they will have a bearing on our ladder position.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I not sure what it is.
I guess if he was scoring try's at will and dominating every game and we got him cheap I'd be ok with him playing for us.
The jersey he wears. Gay *****

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I not sure what it is.
I think it's because of his attitude towards contracts and constantly wanting to re-evaluate his worth. His persona isn't one of a team first player...

I personally don't want him anywhere near our team as I feel he will hold clubs at ransom every year.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's because of his attitude towards contracts and constantly wanting to re-evaluate his worth. His persona isn't one of a team first player...

I personally don't want him anywhere near our team as I feel he will hold clubs at ransom every year.
Yeah, I think you right.
Kinds has a SBW kinda vibe to him and how he conducts business.
For a kid who really hasn't done anything yet,

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he doesn't learn to keep his knee down when running into a tackle he may spend a bit of time on the sideline. Had a few warnings last year.
The kid has talent but something about him makes me think he will just keep changing clubs and chasing bigger dollars.
He really hasn't put together a lot of great games in a row, that may change and this may be his year.