Stuff you collect

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nice, If we all collected the same stuff life would be boring.
I remember as a teenager when Id go to town (sydney) sometimes id stop by this coin/currency? store, think it was on Pitt Street somewhere under a high end hotel. Never bought anything, just found it interesting looking at all the coins form around the world.
Thanks mate and yes your right, i dabbled when young also but probably foolishly sold them all off for a song lol
In the 80s/90s i worked for a bank and it's funny the variation in world coins that magically appeared and some not remotely similar to ours, anyway i have in an old watch box a collection of many varieties of foreign coins i have hung on for no particular reason other than a bit of sentiment.
Below are images of a couple of coins/sets i bought, a 1oz silver coloured Quokka piece, the animal native to WA..their cool little creatures and lots of them on Rottnest Island.I have matching to this 2 x 2021 PNC's limited edition items from Perth Coin show, quality of the proof stuff is fantastic.The other is the HSV penny one i mentioned.Amongst others i also have a Brock A9 Bathurst Torana 50c piece in a PNC.

My collection is actually a little bit cooler than i thought having written about it.

download (2).jpg
OIP.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably un-exciting compared to some hobbies posted here but i dabble in some coin collection, have numerous lots of silver based items so initially some value there and quite a few 50 cent themed pieces too.Have a HSV themed penny collection too which is pretty cool if you like the brand will any pieces make me rich?..nup but some nice pieces nonetheless.

PNC's(postal numismatic cover's)with uncirculated quality coins are a thing too due to the low quantities issued, whereby you go to a stamp and coin show and buy a themed item stamped for that specific event and of which there may be a max of only 120 issued.If one keeps these things pristine and you can get them graded too(this is well worth the money spent i have noticed)some increase in value is there for sure..they usually sell straight after the event on ebay for around a 250/300% markup as a guide.
I started off on collecting with stamps and coins in my younger days. Still have the coins and some of the stamps. I auctioned off the bulk of my stamp collection a while back, but still have some stamps, some rarer stuff such as printing errors, some postal history items, including military postal history - including soldiers letters, telegrams, lettergrams, postcards and WWI silk postcards, with some stuff going about as far back as the American Civil War. After getting hooked on collecting, I now collect far too many areas of interest, including (but not limited to):

Medals & militaria, emergency services badges, medals & memorabilia, sporting memorabilia (especially cricket, Olympics, rugby league, boxing & wrestling), logo golf balls, transport memorabilia (especially railway, airlines & ships), books, DVDs, Coca-Cola memorabilia, movie & television memorabilia (including autographs and screen used items), vintage motorbikes, car & motorcycle licence plates, antique cameras, antiques and collectables in general, historical items such as ballot boxes and silverware from parliament, sci-fi memorabilia, comics, manga & graphic novels, circus & fairground memorabilia, breweriana & alcohol advertising items, petrol station memorabilia, edged weapons (swords, bayonets etc). I had a gun collection, but got rid of it when the hassles of storage became too great. There's probably all sorts of other things that don't spring to mind at the moment. Whoever inherits all this, is going to spend the rest of their life sorting it out... :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks mate and yes your right, i dabbled when young also but probably foolishly sold them all off for a song lol
In the 80s/90s i worked for a bank and it's funny the variation in world coins that magically appeared and some not remotely similar to ours, anyway i have in an old watch box a collection of many varieties of foreign coins i have hung on for no particular reason other than a bit of sentiment.
Below are images of a couple of coins/sets i bought, a 1oz silver coloured Quokka piece, the animal native to WA..their cool little creatures and lots of them on Rottnest Island.I have matching to this 2 x 2021 PNC's limited edition items from Perth Coin show, quality of the proof stuff is fantastic.The other is the HSV penny one i mentioned.Amongst others i also have a Brock A9 Bathurst Torana 50c piece in a PNC.

My collection is actually a little bit cooler than i thought having written about it.

View attachment 33905View attachment 33908
Just had a look at them online, I can see why you collect them. The A9X and Quokka ones look mad.
I bought 2 of the ACDC '45 years of thunder' coins when they released them, not for future worth just cause I like them.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I started off on collecting with stamps and coins in my younger days. Still have the coins and some of the stamps. I auctioned off the bulk of my stamp collection a while back, but still have some stamps, some rarer stuff such as printing errors, some postal history items, including military postal history - including soldiers letters, telegrams, lettergrams, postcards and WWI silk postcards, with some stuff going about as far back as the American Civil War. After getting hooked on collecting, I now collect far too many areas of interest, including (but not limited to):

Medals & militaria, emergency services badges, medals & memorabilia, sporting memorabilia (especially cricket, Olympics, rugby league, boxing & wrestling), logo golf balls, transport memorabilia (especially railway, airlines & ships), books, DVDs, Coca-Cola memorabilia, movie & television memorabilia (including autographs and screen used items), vintage motorbikes, antique cameras, antiques and collectables in general, historical items such as ballot boxes and silverware from parliament, sci-fi memorabilia, comics, manga & graphic novels, circus & fairground memorabilia, breweriana & alcohol advertising items, petrol station memorabilia, edged weapons (swords, bayonets etc). I had a gun collection, but got rid of it when the hassles of storage became too great. There's probably all sorts of other things that don't spring to mind at the moment. Whoever inherits all this, is going to spend the rest of their life sorting it out... :tearsofjoy:
WOW your collectables are extensive to say the least, sort of organised chaos though?..BW your like a real life version of the people the Picker show visits to ransack their merchandise :laughing: Mainly American based but some of those people have many sheds and truly insane quantities of stuff, bloody hell

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
WOW your collectables are extensive to say the least, sort of organised chaos though?..BW your like a real life version of the people the Picker show visits to ransack their merchandise :laughing: Mainly American based but some of those people have many sheds and truly insane quantities of stuff, bloody hell
Semi-organised chaos. Some of it is on display, quite a lot just stored through various rooms in house. I haven't needed to invest in any sheds and barns yet... lol.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boogie boards/ bodyboards. Morey, manta, custom x, wave rebels. If you got any laying around in garage from the 90s 2000s you don’t want hit me up I’ll take them off ya

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just had a look at them online, I can see why you collect them. The A9X and Quokka ones look mad.
I bought 2 of the ACDC '45 years of thunder' coins when they released them, not for future worth just cause I like them.
Same really, the PNC's i buy probably appreciate but the others may not at all so i buy them for the same reason mainly i liked the style of the pieces. I'll post a couple more of the more eyecatching ones later when i dig out my stash, haven't been through them for a while.

Entered a lottery 2 weeks ago that Australia Post do occasionally 1.because of the rarity of some items and some Money Expo/Coin shows were canned due to Covid and 2.there are vultures about who buy up in bulk if they can and profit immediately thus affecting proper collectors prices markedly(i paid "overs" for one of the Quokka PNC's but wanted it for the set of 3 2021 pieces).The lottery grants those selected an option to buy some items all PNC based this time with qty limits of just 1 of each item and fair enough too, i entered 6 or 7 and won 1 lol ..better than none.

So i will buy the set of 2 Op. Overlord 50 year anniversary of Vietnam 50c coins in a PNC pictured below.Both items are stamped with different coloured and dated postmarks and have a covid19 stamp too, pretty cool and will be worth a buck due to only 120 of each ever being issued. Cost for the pair is just $70 and when you spend over 35 bucks i think it is Aussie Post do free postage.
Not fancy and only uncirculated coins these ones but i just like the 50c coins mostly for their dodecagonal shape.Have a few round 1966 50c coins too there 80% silver content, they stopped using silver the next year due to the extra expense of using that material lol.

OIF.jpg

I have Probably hogged the thread enough for the moment lol

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I take it they're scented?
Please tell us you didnt get them from mardi gras.
Scented yes. Early on - a very 'fresh seas smell' to them but lately, a bit more like footy socks. Thats ok - the knickers are the destination - its the journey thats important.

Ultimately hoping to create a museum similar to this https://www.vaginamuseum.co.uk/ - its a dream....

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Latest Hot Wheels Premium Series - Fast Superstars:

• I don't care about the charger
  • I don't really care that much about the Supra, however I like the idea of keeping the legacy of the Supra alive
  • The Skyline - yes - they showed this at the end of F9 as Brian returning to the family
  • LOVE Chevelle SS and Nova SS. Both are grey, both at the 1970 model, and both are considered siblings as cars. My favorite 2 muscle cars.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Stepping away from Diecasts for a minute... I got this yesterday from TK Max. Everyone knows I'm a Sega nut, therefore I'm also a blue hedgehog nut by default. I bought this Sonic phone holder. I don't really care for the purpose of it holding my phone, but it's an awesome desk ornament.

These are part of Sonic's 30th anniversary.

1639087926646.png

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I don’t collect but I came across this in a council clean up the other day and my Dads neighbour and good mate next door to the house I grew up in and now have become good mates with as well has an entire room in his house dedicated the Coca Cola and he has some rare rare stuff some is in safes it’s that valuable. Anyway he was flabbergasted that
someone would throw this out even with the crack apparently it’s a collectors item. I’m glad he liked it..

B896E99A-ED52-4B5F-A2C5-EE06E75AD740.jpeg