Stuff you collect

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I have a heap of Charles Barkley and David Robinson NBA cards, is there anywhere in Sydney where I can sell them without getting ripped off as I have no idea what they are worth.
Go on eBay and search for the cards and see what the one's have been sold went for - that would give you an indication of what people are willing to pay. I'd just sell them there - eBay will take some money off you (merchant fees) but at least they won't rip you off like the other places will try to lol.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't been diligent in my search but I have wanted this record for the last 25 years and I finally found a copy in pretty good condition.
Only one more record I really want now but it will probably never find it. It wont stop me looking though.
dd.png

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I collect coins, tokens and medallions. You name it I will collect if its coin related. I collect currency, sports / movie medallions. I am always looking to see what I could collect in this field. Some of my favourites are Mick Doohan medallion, Mission Impossible coin that only the cast were given from one of the movies. Does anyone else collect unique coins?
I've never actively chased coins. But I have most of the different designs of 20c, 50c (including the round one) , $1 and $2 coins. I also have a massive pile of 1 & 2c coins against the idea that there might be vintages in there that hold some value one day. I also have a few paper notes I kept when they switched to coins or plastic notes.

I'm also in possession of four of the bicentenary coins they gave out to school kids still in the books they came in. Three belong to my sister's, I've just never thought to hand them back and a fourth sister must have one, so I need to work out who the others belong to.

Slightly amusing story. I used to collect knives from the time my folks allowed me to. Had every knife my pocket money would allow me to buy. I had hunting, pocket, throwing knives, butterfly knives and one switch blade (which started me hiding the collection as they were illegal. Unfortunately I used to stash them somewhat in the house wherever I lived and left most of them in the attic on one move. I often wonder if anyone ever came across a stash of 40+ knives in their roof and freaked out about it. I've been tempted to door knock there and see if I can recover the collection from its stash if it's still there.

I'd love to collect swords and would have collected them as a kid/teen if money had been no issue. I still haven't ever bought a sword. But if I ever get a place I can add blacksmithing to my list of hobbies (I don't want to annoy the shit out of neighbours while I learn to Smith), I'd love to have a room decorated with my creations.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
drop-bear-rev-photog_900x.jpg drop-bear-obv-photog_900x.jpg
Fact Or Fiction Drop Bear $2 silver coin.

Latest purchase which arrived today.Wouldn't rave about the image but it's kind of cool and the piece is limited to 300 worldwide.One of the first handful with Chucks image front and centre *not that this factor influenced me as he is a MASSIVE tool lol

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This my man.. both original!!!

Full size movie poster..
View attachment 102691

Day bill poster..

View attachment 102692
The Temple of Doom was filmed in Sri-Lanka.

Towards the end the locals scream in Sinhala, oh my son, my darling son etc. When i saw it the whole family went, including cousins, we took up like 3 rows of seats, we laughed at that end bit because we have never heard anyone else speak it, we got some weird looks from everyone in the cinema

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Temple of Doom was filmed in Sri-Lanka.

Towards the end the locals scream in Sinhala, oh my son, my darling son etc. When i saw it the whole family went, including cousins, we took up like 3 rows of seats, we laughed at that end bit because we have never heard anyone else speak it, we got some weird looks from everyone in the cinema
What a great story!! You now have given me the answer to what the villagers say when Indy returns with the kids..love that ending!! Yep I heard that it was filmed in Sri Lanka. Apparently, India was not too pleased how they were depicted in the film, so they didn’t let them film there.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I collect 80s and 90s hip hop cassettes. I have 170. My most expensive one is worth around $400 - the purple tape, Raekwon OB4CL. If I was to sell individually at peak value it’s worth around 10k. Hipsters have really pushed value up. I also got a restored boombox to play them on.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I collect 80s and 90s hip hop cassettes. I have 170. My most expensive one is worth around $400 - the purple tape, Raekwon OB4CL. If I was to sell individually at peak value it’s worth around 10k. Hipsters have really pushed value up. I also got a restored boombox to play them on.
Any kind of cassettes are a big no no for me. They deteriorate over time and use so I'm not too keen to spend on something like that. I do like the retro concept though.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I got this on Monday from eBay. G.I. Joe - Ice Cream Soldier.

As kids growing up in the 90s, these were the action figures to have. Now paying $7 for one of these in 1995 was too much for me given my weekly pocket money allowance was something like $5 lol, so my grandmother bought it for me during the school holidays.

Obviously I opened it up and played with it, and even though I still have it, it's play-worn. However I wanted a mint-condition, unopened one, so went to eBay. Cost me $124.00 including postage - a big jump from the $7.00 Woolies had it for in 1995 lol.

1708469562477.png

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any kind of cassettes are a big no no for me. They deteriorate over time and use so I'm not too keen to spend on something like that. I do like the retro concept though.
I’ve got some original presses that play as good as the day they were made. But tbh bro, the value is the nostalgia of what they represent not how they play.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place to get basketball cards valuedz I found my old cards al mint. Got some penny hardaway rookie cards. Shaq rookie cards chris Webber rookie cards

Wahesh

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place to get basketball cards valuedz I found my old cards al mint. Got some penny hardaway rookie cards. Shaq rookie cards chris Webber rookie cards
Best thing to do is look on eBay and check out the price the sold items went for. That's a good indication of what they're worth. I'm not sure basketball/upper deck cards have increased in value like everyone thought they would.

This one for instance is fairly cheap considering the condition and the protector it's in:

1708986991199.png