News Strike Preemptive strike

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a pathetic publicity stunt. There'd only be a slight drop off in talent. Maybe Greg Smith the ex Newcastle Knight winger who lied about his NFL career could make a comeback?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a pathetic publicity stunt. There'd only be a slight drop off in talent. Maybe Greg Smith the ex Newcastle Knight winger who lied about his NFL career could make a comeback?
Haha i was at that game. The first game my daughter went to actually. I agree though re it being a publicly stunt,by the nrl officialdom

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha i was at that game. The first game my daughter went to actually. I agree though re it being a publicly stunt,by the nrl officialdom
I remember that game. I think it was the only game he played... He was good for about 5 errors at least.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Daryll Halligan totally schooled him that day...
Funny as...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They might have good athletes by virtue of population size. But if they were good enough at the game to be earning what they're deeming great money in that article, I'm sure they'd have jumped on the aforementioned plane to trial with some NRL clubs already.

This is a situation a bit like where plenty of athletes from elsewhere in the world have tried to crack into the NFL and failed. Doesn't mean they're not good athletes. But it takes years to become instinctively able to play at a professional level in any sport.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They would be better fielding the lower grade teams than using this idea.
Have to go a fair way down until you get to players not in the RLPA.

Always a Bulldog

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon there would only be about 20th players in that 150 that are NRL level.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

The NRL 'ambush' that led players to threaten boycott, and how it will happen
By The Mole

The NRL trials next month are in jeopardy of being boycotted by a lightning strike from players.
Players and the RLPA are fuming with the NRL over the way contract negotiations have been handled in recent months.
The players won't go as far as striking during the regular season - but see boycotting the two rounds of meaningless trials as an ideal way of hurting the NRL.

"They won't listen to us and have driven us to this point," an angry player told Wide World of Sports.
"They ambushed us by announcing the salary cap without even informing or consulting us.

"Now they are trying to paint us out as greedy and money-hungry.
"Most of our claims are for helping retired players, the women in the game and grassroots footy.
"We keep hitting brick walls and need to show them that we mean business."

Always a Bulldog