Strike #1 - Mr Barrett

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett should just keep Elliot in NSW cup till he asks for a release. No way are we making the 8 so just start disciplining them.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
We needed to sign Benji this year - the lack of experience, game management skills and general footy smartness in our team should have been obvious - with Benji, we would have likely won today as well as a couple of other games so far this year. Not getting Benji was a mistake - and that’s on TBaz.
The same benji that got smashed by Melbourne 50-0 when he was in charge?

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
But it was Barrett that kept him on, I know if I was coach and my job was on the line, and a player keeps screwing up, I’m dragging the prick from the field
Not sure, but I don’t think Barrett had a choice, we did end a man down on the bench.

BloodyDOGS

Waterboy
Reaction score
Drop kick Elliot he is an arse doesn't have a clue and he is more exposed than ever when it comes to experience in the team. Hopa your just the same your not a winger why don't you pass to Cotric or don't you understand anymore about winning

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There’s a cancer somewhere in this club...Bazz has got to find it and cut it out because this is not a happy side, some of these guys are taking the piss.

Bazz find out what the fuck is going on and fix it...is it a player, is it a member of staff, what the hell is it.

Identify it and fix it!
I think a chunk of it is related to roster management.
Ideally you only have about 6-8 off contract every year, which would result in maybe half being re-signed and half moving on. We’ve got 15 off contract - half the squad - most of whom we shouldn’t re-sign. But equally several of whom will struggle to find another club. That plays into the psychology and our results reflect that. We need not only improvement in, but better balance in the roster for our annual turnover.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a chunk of it is related to roster management.
Ideally you only have about 6-8 off contract every year, which would result in maybe half being re-signed and half moving on. We’ve got 15 off contract - half the squad - most of whom we shouldn’t re-sign. But equally several of whom will struggle to find another club. That plays into the psychology and our results reflect that. We need not only improvement in, but better balance in the roster for our annual turnover.
True, but it comes back to recruitment and development. If we signed decent players, we would be extending them mid-contract and perhaps getting down to the 6-8 off contract that you mention. But we sign duds and don't want to keep them. Waddell and Flanno are well and truly looking like the latest bad recruitment decisions.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Blame ol’ dick fingers! Fuckin Elliott useless fuckin gronk

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
True, but it comes back to recruitment and development. If we signed decent players, we would be extending them mid-contract and perhaps getting down to the 6-8 off contract that you mention. But we sign duds and don't want to keep them. Waddell and Flanno are well and truly looking like the latest bad recruitment decisions.
I’m seeing what you describe as more related to the cap problems of the last 3 years. In that period we couldn’t sign anyone but cheapies. 2021 was the year we could spend to begin solid recruiting which is what happened. The problem is many of the new recruits are young and not hugely experienced. Baz said a couple of weeks ago that ‘we’ve still got some cap issues to resolve’ and I think pretty much that was what he was referring to - the lack of balance. It’s going to be interesting to see how they try to rectify this imbalance for 22/23 - a combo of releasing, extending some players on short contracts (eg: the likes of Meaney and Lewis might get offered 1 year for depth/injury cover) and who’s incoming apart from Fox/Burto and promotion. It’s critical they get this right. Whilst I didn’t believe we’d leap into finals contention this year, I’m surprised and disappointed like all fans just how bad it’s been. As to why - well I think the jury is still out.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same benji that got smashed by Melbourne 50-0 when he was in charge?
Yep. That’s the one. The one who plays for South’s, who are 4th on the ladder. Last time I checked, we were last. I of course don’t think we would be 4th or anywhere near it if we had a Benji - but, as per my post earlier, we would have most likely won a couple more games and would have provided that direction and leadership that we are very much lacking now.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Yep. That’s the one. The one who plays for South’s, who are 4th on the ladder. Last time I checked, we were last. I of course don’t think we would be 4th or anywhere near it if we had a Benji - but, as per my post earlier, we would have most likely won a couple more games and would have provided that direction and leadership that we are very much lacking now.
Benji wouldn’t be as effective here as in south’s, benji can only play good with a good team around him.
What did benji do at the tigers or better yet at the dragons?
Benji would have zero impact on our team that my opinion.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benji wouldn’t be as effective here as in south’s, benji can only play good with a good team around him.
What did benji do at the tigers or better yet at the dragons?
Benji would have zero impact on our team that my opinion.
Half the one eyed bandits in this forum do not get it.
They think that Benji playing in a strong souths team would be the same Benji playing in a not strong Bulldogs team.
They Do not see the Benji that played in the storm game that got smacked by 50

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Half the one eyed bandits in this forum do not get it.
They think that Benji playing in a strong souths team would be the same Benji playing in a not strong Bulldogs team.
They Do not see the Benji that played in the storm game that got smacked by 50
Exactly this.
Put Flanagan in the south’s team he would look like Thurston lol.