Storms grubby tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry to start a new thread but it was irking me up the wall of how grubby these pricks were. Forget the dog shot on kas by chambers and vinivalu throwing them when kas had his hands pinned, did anyone also notice munsters trip??? Why wasn't that a pro foul and sin bin.
Furthermore in the second half rfm has a run and Munster again completes a scorpion tackle on rfm and twists his ankle at 90 degrees.
Add cam grub smiths constant elbows to the back of klemmerits head in every second tackle. The holding of legs in the scrum and constant grubby wrestling techniques pissed me right off and Sutton didn't do a thing about it.

Can someone send or inform me of NRL 360s email or way to contact them to ask them to show munsters scorpion tackle on rfm!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah it was a dirty game. Saw what you did.

Shit thing is Munster will just get a fine under the new NRL rules. They don't consider tripping all that bad.

Oh and what about Cam Smith dumping someone (can't recall who) on their head in a tackle and seemingly not even on report.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shit thing is Munster will just get a fine under the new NRL rules. They don't consider tripping all that bad.

Oh and what about Cam Smith dumping someone (can't recall who) on their head in a tackle and seemingly not even on report.
Seen that lifting tackle too. Pretty sure it was Reynolds but probably wrong. But hey, it's Cam Smith and as we all know "that's not in his game"... yeah right, one of the untouchables.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Storm get away with everything... They continue to lay on tackled players for extended periods when the opposition is in their attacking zone which allows them to get their line set and rush the ball carrier making it virtually impossible to run a play or get any decent momentum.

They can do this because they basically test the nerve of the referee. What they appear to do is "give away" a series of penalties to then earn themselves free reign due to referees being reluctant to blow penalties and risk a lob sided penalty count. It's clever really, referees aren't going to penalise one team all night are they..they just give up penalisng the same infringement and are too conscious of keeping the count even.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry to start a new thread but it was irking me up the wall of how grubby these pricks were. Forget the dog shot on kas by chambers and vinivalu throwing them when kas had his hands pinned, did anyone also notice munsters trip??? Why wasn't that a pro foul and sin bin.
Furthermore in the second half rfm has a run and Munster again completes a scorpion tackle on rfm and twists his ankle at 90 degrees.
Add cam grub smiths constant elbows to the back of klemmerits head in every second tackle. The holding of legs in the scrum and constant grubby wrestling techniques pissed me right off and Sutton didn't do a thing about it.

Can someone send or inform me of NRL 360s email or way to contact them to ask them to show munsters scorpion tackle on rfm!!!
Cameron Smith's grubby tactics have been ignored by referees for his entire career. The referees aren't going to start penalising him for these tactics now, because he is the NRL's altarboy, choirboy and saint and Craig Bellamy is the NRL's George Pell.
That's also why the Storm get away with everything, including their many forward passes from dummy half. They have influence over the decision makers without having to even say anything!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will always hate Manly most, its ingrained in my psyche, but Storm are by far the most hated for what they actually do.

Agreed our attack by-and-large shit, but many teams struggle against these grubs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just on that sin binning it's utterly ridiculous that the guy that throws the first punch gets the same punishment as the one that defends himself. What is Kas supposed to do just stand there and let Chambers and Vanivalu open up on him?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just on that sin binning it's utterly ridiculous that the guy that throws the first punch gets the same punishment as the one that defends himself. What is Kas supposed to do just stand there and let Chambers and Vanivalu open up on him?
Vunavalu seems like a hot head. Wanted to throw them at Reynolds early in the game for laying on him too long after he'd launched himself in the air at jackson

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing new they renown for it. Refs let them get away with murder in the ruck

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount of forward passes they let go by Smith from dummy half was fucking shameful.

Reactions: DT

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many forward passes did Smith throw from dummy half..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seen that lifting tackle too. Pretty sure it was Reynolds but probably wrong. But hey, it's Cam Smith and as we all know "that's not in his game"... yeah right, one of the untouchables.
It was Reynolds. Pretty sure I saw the ref indicate that someone was on report for it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Storm are masters at wrestling the tackled player; turning them over after the tackle is completed, and holding onto their feet as they try to get up. They also run up in defence as soon as the ball is placed on the ground, not when it is touched by the player's foot; and hardly ever mark square - which is why they can tackle the dummy half so effectively and stifle attack. Then there are the cheap shots in tackles, and elbows to the head when the player is on the ground. But, the referees are watching the other side most of the time.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw all of them, but too be honest we were playing that badly that it made very little difference, it took us 28minutes and a penalty late in the count to even cross halfway for the first time so I just shrugged them off and continued watching the shambles

the saddest thing was that the only time we showed any spark at all was when Kas came on the field just like last year... I actually thought it may have been calculated to throw a few at kas to get him off the field and stop any of our momentum? but in the end we had enough possession to win 3 games of footy...but like last year it doesn't matter how much possession we have we cant do fuck all with the ball and we're as deadly as a day old puppy

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is that the Storm have been getting away with this shit for years, and I think the reason they get away with it is because they are so well disciplined in defence. That sounds pretty weird doesn't it, but they nearly always get three men in a tackle with arms and knees everywhere making it hard for the referees to see it as it happens. Or maybe the whistle blowers don't want to see it.

I think the only way the problem can be brought into the open is for the club to send a written complaint backed up by video to the NRL's Football Manager or the Grand Poobah responsible to stop shit if there is no footy manager.

But maybe the NRL would hit us with a $10,000 - $20,000 fine for bringing the game into disrepute.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It was Reynolds. Pretty sure I saw the ref indicate that someone was on report for it.
Don't know who got put on report but I thought that smith was in a offside position and tackled Reynolds and no sin bin.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure the ref put Reynolds on report because he forced Smith to lift him and drop him on his head. This will have caused Cameron much mental anguish because 'it isn't in his game' and he may require therapy to recover and be named in next weeks squad.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

100% i think i recall someone getting chicken winged to, pretty sure it could have been Mariner. If anyone can confirm who this happened to go for it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Yep smith around the neck, followed by the spear tackle... fucking disgrace how they got off lightly for everything.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Vunavalu seems like a hot head. Wanted to throw them at Reynolds early in the game for laying on him too long after he'd launched himself in the air at jackson
Yep shy c*** last year who went about his business, when learning the ropes. Big man now in 2017 with anger issues by the looks, hope someone lays him out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.