Storm Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ironic they make a drug user an immortal and Lockyer is one too.. and literally majority of these young guys all do lines, recover better from that then alcohol just they are to dumb to realise they are high profile and shouldn’t allow cameras in the house when this shut goes down

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is no blood test and no evidence of exactly what it is what can the punishment be.
Like a fine??

I can’t see what the fuss is about.
Reece Walsh got caught by police.
This is just a video. No evidence no police charge.
They could claim it wasn’t coke. Who is to argue

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If there is no blood test and no evidence of exactly what it is what can the punishment be.
Like a fine??
I can’t see what the fuss is about.
Reece Walsh got caught by police.
This is just a video. No evidence no police charge.
They could claim it wasn’t coke. Who is to argue
Cocaine hangs around in the blood stream for ~3 days, easily detectible in a urine test. If they really get pushy they can do a hair follicle test, that's good for months after cocaine use. The NRL likes the "early guilty plea" tactic, own up today and you get $X fine and Y months, make us do testing and you'll get $3X fine and 3Y months. The first one to own up gets off scott free, if they dob on the others etc plenty of tactics available.

Always a Bulldog

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cocaine hangs around in the blood stream for ~3 days, easily detectible in a urine test. If they really get pushy they can do a hair follicle test, that's good for months after cocaine use. The NRL likes the "early guilty plea" tactic, own up today and you get $X fine and Y months, make us do testing and you'll get $3X fine and 3Y months. The first one to own up gets off scott free, if they dob on the others etc plenty of tactics available.

Always a Bulldog
When Barba was sacked from the Sharks, it was his second cocaine offence - the first was very much kept under wraps.

From my understanding - when it comes to the use of illegal substances of this nature, it is the clubs discretion what happens with the first strike. If this indeed does come true, given that this is now in the public (unlike Barbas first incident) - we will see more than just a fine, but more than likely some form of a suspension

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When Barba was sacked from the Sharks, it was his second cocaine offence - the first was very much kept under wraps.

From my understanding - when it comes to the use of illegal substances of this nature, it is the clubs discretion what happens with the first strike. If this indeed does come true, given that this is now in the public (unlike Barbas first incident) - we will see more than just a fine, but more than likely some form of a suspension
Reality is that it becoming known publicly is a big difference, as unfair as that may seem. Appearances are huge in society these days, the NRL is most likely going to come down fairly hard on this.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a different video
There are 2 videos.

1 - Brandon is sitting on a table, with what appears to be a card in his hand (let's call it a separator) - and he appears to be shuffling some sort of substance on the table
2 - Munster is dancing around, quite goofishly... and right at the end of the video, a small bag can be seen in his left hand, if not but for a few frames.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Reality is that it becoming known publicly is a big difference, as unfair as that may seem. Appearances are huge in society these days, the NRL is most likely going to come down fairly hard on this.
Fact is NRL have no other choice but to act once it's out there.

Gus was pretty forceful on it on 100% Footy last night. He said they signed contracts. They didn't uphold their contracts. The players have got to get it into their heads they need to be mindful of all their responsibilities and they need to be very careful who they hang out with cos there are so many who want to take them down.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fact is NRL have no other choice but to act once it's out there.

Gus was pretty forceful on it on 100% Footy last night. He said they signed contracts. They didn't uphold their contracts. The players have got to get it into their heads they need to be mindful of all their responsibilities and they need to be very careful who they hang out with cos there are so many who want to take them down.
They are all told this, they are all taken through the contract in detail, they are all educated about not only the rules, but how easy it is these days to get caught, and to trust no one. They really only have themselves to blame.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They are all told this, they are all taken through the contract in detail, they are all educated about not only the rules, but how easy it is these days to get caught, and to trust no one. They really only have themselves to blame.
Must be hard with all these hangers on blokes big noting themselves and idolising their every move...but they get to the point of thinking they are bullet proof I guess.

With ALL the publicity of previous Mad Mondays, (they saw the lengths the DT will go to to get something compromising on the Dogs), Bromich/Proctor, Reece Walsh the day before, you have to wonder about where their heads are at a lot of the time.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Must be hard with all these hangers on blokes big noting themselves and idolising their every move...but they get to the point of thinking they are bullet proof I guess.

With ALL the publicity of previous Mad Mondays, (they saw the lengths the DT will go to to get something compromising on the Dogs), Bromich/Proctor, Reece Walsh the day before, you have to wonder about where their heads are at a lot of the time.
They'll get sanctioned, but they'll play again. They will be told in no uncertain terms that this is a massive wake up call. It is in the nature of young males especially to ignore risk, but sooner or later in life there are consequences.

I'll bet Smith's agent is fuming. His market value just dropped...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They'll get sanctioned, but they'll play again. They will be told in no uncertain terms that this is a massive wake up call. It is in the nature of young males especially to ignore risk, but sooner or later in life there are consequences.

I'll bet Smith's agent is fuming. His market value just dropped...
Depends how they handle it with Cheese's value I think.

1. Head in the sand and don't front up like the old Bulldogs way of handling issues...then yes it blows up into a major drama for media to beat up.

2. Front the public. Apologise. Admit disappointment with loosing footy final and tough year away from family and they made a silly mistake but learnt a lifelong lesson. Accept punishment. All forgotten by next season and new contract :grinning:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Depends how they handle it with Cheese's value I think.

1. Head in the sand and don't front up like the old Bulldogs way of handling issues...then yes it blows up into a major drama for media to beat up.

2. Front the public. Apologise. Admit disappointment with loosing footy final and tough year away from family and they made a silly mistake but learnt a lifelong lesson. Accept punishment. All forgotten by next season and new contract :grinning:
There are certainly different outcomes for those two approaches.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There are 2 videos.

1 - Brandon is sitting on a table, with what appears to be a card in his hand (let's call it a separator) - and he appears to be shuffling some sort of substance on the table
2 - Munster is dancing around, quite goofishly... and right at the end of the video, a small bag can be seen in his left hand, if not but for a few frames.
Yep I know

Status
Not open for further replies.